• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Making the game harder - Ingame challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Why not try to play with no potions!

There's a similar mode in the first post: "No unnecessary items", which extends the idea to all items.

You can't forget the classic 'Speedrun'.

Make it through the game under a certain amount of time.

That simple.

How did I not put this down? I'm off to edit the first post right now. Thanks. Also, as soon as I complete me current run through (ie, when I find a moon stone to evolve Clefairy and take on the E4), I'm going to do Gym challenger mode.

Last edited:

PokeN3rd

Not Gem King Kilik
I like no heal games, myself. I find them challenging. Try playing a No-heal in G/S/C too. Both D/P/P and G/S/C No healers are good.

Hiboxx

Dang! A Fat Person!
What About 3 Attack*Mode?

On A Team, You Can Only Use A Total of 3 attacks Per battle

Chaos Rush

How about:
Overkill mode -When you enter a new route, you must catch any new Pokemon that you haven't caught yet, and you must train every single Pokemon you catch at around the same level. For instance, by the time you beat Roark, you should have your starter, a Starly, a Bidoof, a Shinx, a Budew, a Zubat, a Pachirisu, a Geodude, an Abra, an Onix, a Machop, a Cricketot, and a Psyduck. By the time you beat whatever the 8th Gym Leader's name is, you should have a whole bunch of Pokemon, and they should ALL be around Lv40-50 because you should be training EVERY SINGLE POKEMON YOU CATCH.

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Overkill mode sounds fun. I'll do it when the universe ends (i.e. Platinum comes out in Australia).

doctor worm

I have two ideas (no names):

- your team has to be all one pokemon. ie: 6 ponytas. However, they can all have different moves. (medium?)

- your entire team can only have one type of move. ie: A team with all water moves. (hard) This could be adjusted to one type of move for each pokemon.

Melar

My friends and I do what we call the Marco Polo method. We lable the first eight boxes for the first eight gyms and try to fill the boxes with pokemon before we reach that gym. Then we empty out our team spots except for our starter pokemon and without looking at the screen choose five pokemon to fill the slots and use them to fight the gyms.

Overkill mode is the most boring thing I can possibly think of.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Facing the Gym Leader with the same number of Pokemon they have I guess.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You forgot this classic as well.

'Imitation' - Pick one trainer in the game. Get the same team he/she has. Clear the game. You'll probably have to trade BTW.

One example is the series of youtube videos where a player assembled Red's team and cleared the game with it.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Here's one:

Obsessive Compulsive

You must have 5 of every item that can be bought, and all ones found on the floor must be tossed. (Medium)

I am going to do a solo pokemon run (riolu) and was wondering what i should do for double battles. Do i use an HM slave or what?

You can play 2:1 if you only hold riolu at the time (I believe it works this way). But many are ones that if you talk to them or be seen individually, you can fight in 1:1.

Come to think of it, I think the "must 2:2 battle npcs" (little kid twins etc) will ignore you when you only have one pokemon. I think that is what happened when I was playing GS, and I'm sure it will be same in 4th gen.
Either way, you won't have any trouble advancing through the story arc with one pokemon.

Last edited:

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Come to think of it, I think the "must 2:2 battle npcs" (little kid twins etc) will ignore you when you only have one pokemon. I think that is what happened when I was playing GS, and I'm sure it will be same in 4th gen.
Either way, you won't have any trouble advancing through the story arc with one pokemon.

There weren't any 2v2 battles in GSC. Even the twins only used one pokemon at a time, they just always had 2 pokemon.

Lucario_Dragon

Considering I'll have HM slaves with me, they will fight. I had a thought though and this is what I am going to do:
Get a pokemon with both protect and detect and switch between them both. This means that my solo pokemon will have to do the fighting and will be the only one to take damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.