• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Male or female pokemon

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I used to catch only males but I really couldn't careless about the genders.

I usually prefer male pokemon, well... because I'm a male, but in some situations, i just don't get what I want.

That's essentially what I did for a while - my Ruby file, which I started a long time ago, has an exclusively male team, except for my awesome electric Gardevoir :).

At some point, though, I just stopped noticing gender. Even without caring, though, my two most recent teams are fairly one sided in that respect - in LeafGreen, all but one or two are female, and in Sapphire, all of them are male (except for the genderless Lunatone). Weird, eh?

Last edited:

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
Well, my coach driver named team are all male.

Other than that, I couldn't care, unless I want to nickname something 'Colin' or 'Steve'.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Well, i don't really care about it, but sometimes i nickname them with something that suits their gender.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I don't care which gender a Pokemon has. No exceptions.

Scenice

~ Grace ~
I usually goes for male pokemon. Except with the starters. Those I prefer female so that I can breed them easier :)

coolminun

Banned
Jynx is female and should stay female. I don't think they need a male evo. My team is usually all male with the exception of my beautifly.(of course) But that's in Emerald and sapphire.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I used to get only male pokemon, beacue I found them a little cooler or something xD Nowadays I don't really care, natures or more important. I want Atleast one of each gender in case of they annoying evil of attraction.

moretacos

Haha I do that. I am VERY Picky when it comes to that... I breed them and get the pokemon i want with the gender that i want. so i have a lot of the same pokemon. like dratini. feebas. etc... i do that until i get the gender i want. :)

Jolty77

<Bring her back!
I have to have my Pokemon be a specific gender. My Chikorita MUST be female. It really depends on which one it is.

Lord Sasuke

Swordsman Trainer
I dont usually worry, exept I "prefer" to have 3 of each gender, result may, and most of the time vary, though it does effect Attract

Dragonfan

Best. Rank. Ever!
Only eith the pokemons who can learn cute charm, Skitty, Jigglypuff, clefairy etc. I want them to be female.

i dont really care about gender except for breeding and my squad which i normally have 2 males, 2 females and 2 genderless

i ave two of each of my pokemon 1 male and 1 female and since my males are usually stronger and i can have there moves passed down through breeding i ussually keep the males

~*Opal Totodile*~

Aura*~Lovies
i ave two of each of my pokemon 1 male and 1 female and since my males are usually stronger and i can have there moves passed down through breeding i ussually keep the males

gender has no effect whatsoever on how strong/defensive a pokemon is in battle.

I really don't care anout genders, but i like to have a team with 3 male and 3 female (or as balanced as i can get it)

Depends on the Pokémon.

The following I always aim/will always aim for Female: Gardevoir, Bellossom, Gorebyss, Roselia/Roserade, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Sunflora, Cherrim, Meganium (This one is especially outrageous.), Lopunny, Ninetales, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Beautifly, Delcatty, Mawile, Altaria, Cradily (Outrageous too.), Milotic. Also somewhat Leafeon and Glaceon, though that'd be awfully outrageous as well.

Applies for all of their lines as well, with exceptions, of course.

For the rest, I really don't care. I make most of them Male, though. I don't mind Male/Female Vileplume or Female Alakazam and such.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
... you can only get female blissey o_O;

I can't believe no ones mentioned this yet... Jynx. A male jynx is just o_O.... thats something they should have had a seperate, male evo for.... o_O;

Like you said about Blissey, Jynx is always female. There can't be a male Smoochum evo cause there's no such thing as a male Smoochum.

AngelLatias

+ L i g h t m a r e
In my Sapphire, all of my pokemon are female. Other than that, I usually don't care what gender my pokemon are. It also sometimes depends on what I want to do. I catch a male if I want to pass on moves or a female to breed.