• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mallow & Lana! A Fully Powered Battle of Friendship!! (1073)

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Good to see some more battle oriented episodes for a change. I think principal Oak got robbed but then again that could be on account of Raichu being at a high level. (anime/ game logic) The last match was also surprisingly interesting and I got the feeling that Mallow and Lana got a bit of extra character and teamwork development. The clash concluded with a nice showcase of Z moves that also might have proved to be a deciding factor. As its possible that the quick downpour could have powered up Primarinas Water attack.

Jnmisty

Honestly Ash should have said stopped Meltan’s pokeball coming out from his pocket and realized what Faba’s plans were. I am glad that Faba lost, but really he cheated on the battle. Cheaters never win, and they never prosper either.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Honestly Ash should have said stopped Meltan’s pokeball coming out from his pocket and realized what Faba’s plans were. I am glad that Faba lost, but really he cheated on the battle. Cheaters never win, and they never prosper either.
Well, Meltan did want to fight so Ash respected his wishes too

Jnmisty

Even if Ash respected Meltan’s wishes to battle, Faba was the one that used his own pokémon to get it out to the battle.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
That whole fight was a joke though. The whole point was that Faba's cheating backfired on him completely. I mean honestly, what is funnier: Him being disqualified for cheating, or him getting utterly destroyed by the Pokémon he forced into the battle, only to then hypocritically accuse Ash of cheating only to get promptly shut down because nothing Ash did was in any way against the rules?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That whole fight was a joke though. The whole point was that Faba's cheating backfired on him completely. I mean honestly, what is funnier: Him being disqualified for cheating, or him getting utterly destroyed by the Pokémon he forced into the battle, only to then hypocritically accuse Ash of cheating only to get promptly shut down because nothing Ash did was in any way against the rules?
Both, but the order is backwards.

DatsRight

I thought it was a cute touch really, that Ash saw Meltan excited and just assumed he wanted a turn so brought him on first.

Also remember that the twerps are INCREDIBLY oblivious to villain plans.

Red and Blue

Was hoping that Illima was Ash's first opponent instead of Faba. Would have been good LGPE promotion to see either Meltan or Pikachu take on his Eevee. Granted Eevee was injured in the Battle Royal but still.

At least we got to see Faba's attempt and fighting dirty blow up in his face :p

EWWWWw, episode of Rowlet, TR and Lana vs Who? in a LEAGUE?
well ... at least the hug from lana to mallow was tender, I think?
3/10

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less, and based on my previous comment:
"Ash vs Harrison but is Lana vs Mallow"

Episode: 7/10