• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mallow the Runaway and Oranguru! (982)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mallow the Runaway and Oranguru!

With their cafeteria appearing on TV, Mallow ends up having a fight with her father and storming off into the forest. However, she soon finds herself injured and has to be protected by a wild Oranguru. However, Steenee has gone into the forest to look for Mallow only to find Team Rocket in pursuit. Will they be able to reunite?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I expected a rivalry between Oranguru and Bewear but that was even better. :D

EDIT: And it's official Mallow doesn't get Oranguru. Her father met it before as well.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
UGH!!!! Another episode were Mallow get's absolutely freaking nothing!! Her reward was a freaking thank you from her dad, like seriously?? Screw this episode. Her dad received more development here then she did -_-....

God the writers really freaking hate her and really, she couldn't even take out Meowth on her own with no help!?!? WTF!!

0/10 would never recommend this pointless filler.

AshSerena

]It seems dad learn that juice from Oranguru, so he is calling that Pokemon as Sensei/Teacher XD

What i like about this episode is Oranguru sounds in japanese, its sounds like "Yare Yare, Yare and Yutan"

"Yare Yare" in japanese is like an interjection that's an exclamation of relief, exasperation or disappointment.
while "Yare" is like "Do it!" in english

so when Mallow explaining her problem, Oranguru is like "Yare Yare" xD

also the time when Mallow is fighting TR and This pokemon sounds like "Yare" means "Do it"

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Very boring episode! Basically Mallow made some mishaps led to her being upset and run into the forest, she fell over badly, Oranguru helps her, and ultimately Mallow gets into the right frame of mind in the end. Was hoping for the Oranguru/Bewear showdown but that also didn't happen. Disappointing filler. 4/10.

Last edited:
I told you guys that Mallow will not get Oranguru. A giant ape you runs his own bar is not really a marketable Pokémon. It is either sweet or cool so their for it has no real place in a team by any of the good guys. But maybe it is for the bather. I mean Oranguru runs his own business. It can not just give all that up just to become one of Mallow's Pokémon.
For the episode itself. I liked it. It was funny and really something new for the anime. It is really bad that Mallow didn't really got something but at least, for once, she got one Episode with her as the focus. At least it's something.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I would like to forget this episode as soon as possible, but what's the move Oranguru used in this episode?

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Disappointed that this episode turned out to simply be a filler in the end. I wasn't expecting Mallow to catch Oranguru, but atleast I hoped that Oranguru would work in the restaurant atleast.

So somehow this Oranguru is the master, and that's how Mallow's dad got the recipe to make the juice. As for Mallow running away, was it because she hated her dad getting all the attention, or could she not cope with the pressure of making food on time during the interview?

I actually thought TRio were the only ones who even made this episode remotely interesting. And that Bewear vs Oranguru part was pretty funny, not going to lie. So seems like they're regular customers of each other.

I'll give this episode a 4/10. Pretty boring for the most part, other than TRio and that Oranguru vs Bewear.

Janovy

Banned
Wow. No capture OR Oranguru going to the restaurant.

LMAO.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know why Mallow got mad? Since there were no subs it was kind of hard to understand

While the fight scene with Oranguru & Bewear was hilarious, I did like the moments we got with Nurse Joy & Officer Jenny since it helps flesh out their characters & shows that they have a really strong connection than how we we've seen them portrayed in the series before. Plus, I love seeing the Alola reporter again since she's one of my favorite recurring characters

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Alright so it was a bit of a boring episode besides Oranguru's fight scene lol.
Subs will hopefully make it more interesting.

Did enjoy that Oranguru and Bewear used food, I wonder if they know each other already too.
Obviously disappointed that Mallow didn't get anything, I was hoping for Oranguru's bar to be destroyed by TRio so he could come with her, but at last I hold out hope that Mallow will get her time eventually. Just hopefully her arc isn't the last few episodes or something of the series.

AshSerena

Does anyone know why Mallow got mad? Since there were no subs it was kind of hard to understand

she get mad because Papa did not helping her at all , that she doing everything alone but the real reason are she wants to get compliment from her dad and say she did a good job, and thank her for everything she did ,, just sometimes

but at the end, her dad say thank you to her and Mallow cry and apologize to her dad

tbh i think it was good episode (well i will admit not that much :p ) plus there was a good lesson from it

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Very boring episode! Basically Mallow made some mishaps led to her being upset and run into the forest, she stripped badly, Oranguru helps her, and ultimately Mallow gets into the right frame of mind in the end. Was hoping for the Oranguru/Newest showdown but that also didn't happen. Disappointing filler. 4/10.

Wtf, she's a kid.

It sucks that Mallow got no team changes and having to rely on Oranguru to bail her out (I liked TR's metajoke over this). Even in the battle, first Double Slap misses, Instruct had to be used to get to Meowth.

That said, I did enjoy the character moments she got. That her running away wasn't just 'you're not helping me' but rather 'acknowledge me and what I do'. It may be because I'm tired as I write this but I almost shed a tear. I do like she has a backbone, even if she has no team to take advantage of this. A decent enough episode and one that doesn't quite make me rage over Mallow getting nothing (team wise). I do wish she gets a new Pokemon soon however.

Bewear and Oranguru was pretty funny, especially with the Keldeo theme playing in the background. Although from past experience (vs Alain, vs Gladion) I really should have expected something else to happen than a showdown between the two.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm a bit astonished that people are basing the worth of this episode entirely on whether Mallow got a big battle or a new pokemon. I thought most criticisms about her were that she didn't have episodes dedicated to her? If nothing else this is an episode largely about her, that should be worth something. Instead it sounds more like some of you had really off expectations.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I already knew that Mallow won't get Oranguru... It doesn't fit her. Pokemon like Roselia fit students like Mallow, tbh.

Remix2

Not surprised that mallow didn't catch oranguru because why will someone as useless as mallow get anything By this point.

Honestly this episode wasn't good like this is supposed to a mallow episode and yet father get more to do this her own daughter.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Not surprised that mallow didn't catch oranguru because why will someone as useless as mallow get anything By this point.

Honestly this episode wasn't good like this is supposed to a mallow episode and yet father get more to do this her own daughter.

Well if a useless character like clemont can get 2 pokemon (one of them a starter) then mallow who actually has more interaction with everybody on the cast should also get at least one capture.