• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mamo Team.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
So basically i created this team based around mamoswine and this is what i ended with. I have peaked 1800 with this team on PS goin 20-3 but im way to lazy to actually ladder to top 100 (Though I know I could do it.)
Mamo Team

tumblr_m9r163S3UF1rcwf0xo1_500.gif

Manny (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Manny pretty much sums up anti metagame. It counters chomp, nite, salamence ect. It's graced with fantastic dual stabs and superpower for the steels. Priority allows it to hit things that outspeed like choiced dragons ect . goes so well with cel

tumblr_m2ec7lmeBO1r5soxgo1_500.gif

Opal (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

... This thing is cute. I needed rocks or someform of hazards and a poke that went well with mamo so, i chose this celebi right here. It takes hits so well its not even funny how much bulk it has. Shrugs of eqs icebeams hpices pretty much everything except for powerfull stabs. None of that weak hp ice sh--. Takes all the hits for everything so goes well with pretty much anything that cant take a hit.

tumblr_m5f9x0K0Sl1qlms3vo1_500.gif

Tremors (Garchomp) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

The lone dragon on this team. I usually rely on this guy to poke a few holes in the opponents team. it outspeeds a good deal of the meta and should really be used more (even tho i remember myself, bashing it lol)... (which i totally take back...) . I like the power this set brings but i think it would function better as a scarfer, thoughts? Functions well with most of the team being able to take ice hits. (if not all)

tumblr_m10l3mkQMA1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Paul Blart (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

The mall cop is back. this is to eliminate any steels that want to try to stop my chomp/gyra. I love this scarf set... it allows it to outspeed poli and other threats that people would normally assume mag wouldn't outspeed. it cant however outspeed alakazam/starmie which really sucks. It needs more speed. It traps all the steels. takes dragon hits fairly well for my team which is something my team doesnt really do with everyone.

tumblr_mdyufxJurZ1rr12zho1_500.gif

AnnoyingPieceof- (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

i'm going to be honest here. I hate gyrados in competitive. Somehow this team has managed to change my opinion somewhat. This poke has saved me so many times and just proved how clutch it can be. substitute is to get behind something cause a lot of people will stay in with the water mon that resists gyra and try to get a scald burn on it. subs can take 2 scalds usually and that pretty much stops the statuses. I might opt eq > s.e but its really preference.

... I still hate it.

tumblr_m7zxmeW3D31qd87hlo1_500.gif

rocky (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 HP / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- ThunderPunch

I've seen this thing pop up so many times recently i had to try it here. It's suprisingly bulky and thats why i love it. ice punch and t-punch both get boosts and they really help with hitting things hard on the predicted switch. conk is just such a good mixed attacker it takes out 1-2 pokes everytime if i play it right.

replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-35786800
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-35275376
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-35716635 <--- I love this one. the other guy did not. tho starmie hates me. especially crits...

Changes will be in bold
Manny (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Opal (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Tremors (Garchomp) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Paul Blart (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

AnnoyingPieceof- (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

rocky (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- ThunderPunch

Last edited:

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i would use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage. It doesn't help you to have your poke confused. second, i would teach Celebi a Psychic move. that is it's second type.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Hey Saph nice team. Congrats on the 1800. Nice use of Sheer Force Conk. I should use it. It really does well in the replays.
Definitely keep the outrage, as the damage output is just great, and is absolutely needed. Dragon claw for example wouldn't have KO'd the Virizion in one of the replays.

Only change I'd like to suggest is Earthquake>Stone Edge. Or even Bounce. Seriously, i'm in the same boat as you when it comes to Gyarados. I hate it too. Such an awesome typing, good stats, amazing boosting move, and it CAN'T ****ING HAVE TWO ATTACKING MOVES THAT HAVE DECENT COVERAGE? Seriously. Whatever you choose, there'll always be things that wall you. For example right now you're kinda walled by Gastrodon, Ferrothorn (you should carry Power Whip on Ferro to beat Gyara's, though). Toxicroak, KELDEO, and some others. With Earthquake, you're completely walled by almost all Dragons. Bounce provides best coverage, but DAT CHARGE TURN....
(btw this is why STABmons is such a good meta...they give Gyara Brave Bird....:)). So, basically, it's your choice.

GL with your team, and I hoped I helped!

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
i would use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage. It doesn't help you to have your poke confused. second, i would teach Celebi a Psychic move. that is it's second type.

But its a Banded Garchomp...

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Give Gyarados Earthquake instead of Stone Edge. And give Conkeldurr Stone Edge and replace one of your Elemental punches. You have too much Flying coverage already.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Give Gyarados Earthquake instead of Stone Edge. And give Conkeldurr Stone Edge and replace one of your Elemental punches. You have too much Flying coverage already.

But its a Banded Garchomp...

stone edge is flying coverage... and stone edge doesn't hit gliscor... then i get walled by waters if i remove t-punch so no. If you read what treeko said gyra will always be walled by stuff no matter what moves u use. im sticking with se so i can at least hit lati for neutral

@Treeko tnx :3 im 23-5 now sitting around 1850

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Hey, I really like the team, have you considered icicle spear over icicle crash on Mamoswine? The pro's are pretty simple, the chance of only getting 2 hits is fairly low, it doesn't miss, and it hits through subs/sashes/multi scale. It does have the con of possibly only hitting twice and barely doing more than ice shard but that's kind of rare. It's a small change and one you may not care to much about but it's just something to consider

Just checked the likelihood of it only hitting twice: 37.5%, however each hit does have a chance to crit so that kind of compensates for the likelihood

Last edited:

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
I thought the chances of icicle spearwere 30-30-20-20 respectively, so 30% chance of 2 and 3 times, and 20 % of 4 or 5 times. Anyway, I agree with you, and in addition another pro of icicle spear is its perfect accuracy, which icicle crash doesn`t have.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Ill test icicle sspear > crash plus you'd be suprised how much a 37.5 percent chance happens... look at hydro pump for example... 75 percent to hit or something and that 25% happens way to much
due to my inablility to play well today im 24-7 now rofl.