• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Man Chooses Murder Over Paying Child Support.

SlipKnoT

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28485556/

NEW ORLEANS - A man who initially told police gunmen kidnapped his 2 1/2-year-old son was arrested Saturday, accused of committing an "extremely hideous" murder because he was ordered to pay child support, Police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

Danny Platt confessed, told police where to find the child's body and will be booked with first-degree murder of Ja' Shawn Powell, Riley said at a news conference.

"He had said he would kill either his wife or his child before he paid child support," which he recently had been ordered to do, Riley said.

inb4 "no suprise, he's black"

I would think just paying the woman would've been smarter, instead of resorting to killing your son over money.

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
What a very wise and noble decision.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Asshole.

I could end my post there, but... besides, I think that paying the woman, how much could that possibly have cost? Now he's gonna be in jail forever or so. What was this dude thinking?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Who the hell would choose to spend the rest of his life in prison and live the rest of his life knowing he killed his own flesh and blood over paying child support? Surely monetary value is worth less than a human life, let alone his own child?

That guy is just a disgrace. I mean he kills his own son all because he doesn't want to pay a few bucks. He should have just payed the child support and left it at that. It's not like he would go broke from paying child support. A human life is worth more than any amount of money, but it looks like this guy did not care. All he wanted was to keep his money, he was just being selfish.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Who the hell would choose to spend the rest of his life in prison and live the rest of his life knowing he killed his own flesh and blood over paying child support?

Him, obviously.

Seriously though, Did he not think at all, or what?

I mean, if you're told to pay child support, would the thought of killing your child suddenly seem like a good idea?

Last edited:

oddsok

(^^,)
Clever, clever bloke. Not what I would've done, but hey that's just me.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Him, obviously.

Knew someone was going to say that. I meant someone in general. Mental capacity, personality, etc.

I did notice the sarcasm, but I feel like elaborating somewhat anyway.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Not paying child support is a crime.

Murder is a worse crime.

If he was going to commit a crime either way, why the hell didn't he just commit the lesser one? It isn't even about ethics. It's about goddamn logic.

Almighty

uh... juxtaposition
I don't know what we're supposed to do here besides discuss disgust.

Not much to talk about -- guy's an idiot, yeah. Better to pay than spend life in prison, check. Sarcastic jokes have been done...

I guess all that's left is: wow, this world is falling apart. I'm moving to Canada.

Penguinist Trainer

Not paying child support is a crime.

Murder is a worse crime.

If he was going to commit a crime either way, why the hell didn't he just commit the lesser one? It isn't even about ethics. It's about goddamn logic.

I actually had a law professor who argued the reserve of that. We were reviewing a case about someone who stole a beat up car. As he said, auto theft is auto theft is auto theft. If you were going to jail anyways, why not at least enjoy the joyride in the porsche instead.

In regards to murder versus paying child support, either way, you'll need to pay in restitution and serve jail time. The real defining factor is whether or not the state has the death penalty.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

S T U P I D.

Enough said. This man lacks common sense (any one remember Common Sense's obituary?)