• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Man-made Pokemon

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
Electric eel...yeah :p
Okay then; answer me this: Would something evolve in nature to breath out fire? How bout have the strength to push a glacier? To spew ice from its mouth?

explain the bombardier beetle or the skunk. Adaptations occur. A fire spewing or breathing animal is possible. Maybe another set of lungs that holds intensely hotter air. I could see an opposite chemical reaction occur that is could instead of heat. We've got electric and bio-luminescent creatures too. And before asking how an animal could evolve to self-destruct or explode, look into Malaysian ants.

tomthepom

i swear i once read in one of the earlier games that kadabra was once a boy, and when he woke up he was a pokemon, kinda like the PMD series...

explain the bombardier beetle or the skunk. Adaptations occur. A fire spewing or breathing animal is possible. Maybe another set of lungs that holds intensely hotter air. I could see an opposite chemical reaction occur that is could instead of heat. We've got electric and bio-luminescent creatures too. And before asking how an animal could evolve to self-destruct or explode, look into Malaysian ants.

Dude, ain'chu ever read one of those 'Ology' books? Animals that breathe fire (e.g., Dragons, Flareon) have a special 'spark pouch' under their tongues. In the spark pouch are two metals (normally flint and iron), that, when rubbed together, cause a spark. The spark then lights the animal's highly flammable breath, resulting in the worst case of bad breath imaginable.

NotChip

®™
I would have said Banette was essentially man made since it is formed from plush toy puppets (and man made those plush dolls).

However, considering that it evolves from Shuppet and it doesn't actually say that Shuppet itself came from a plush toy then I suppose it starts off as a Pokemon then......something happens and bam!, a thrown away plush toy becomes its new evolution?

I would have said Banette was essentially man made since it is formed from plush toy puppets (and man made those plush dolls).

However, considering that it evolves from Shuppet and it doesn't actually say that Shuppet itself came from a plush toy then I suppose it starts off as a Pokemon then......something happens and bam!, a thrown away plush toy becomes its new evolution?

Perhaps it evolves into a spiritual residue that must take possesion of a physical body, or it's atoms will drift apart.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
The world's first artificially created Pokémon. It can travel through electronic space.

Porgygon's D/P Pokédex

n_n

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
The world's first artificially created Pokémon. It can travel through electronic space.

Porgygon's D/P Pokédex

n_n

That doesn't exclude other pokemon from being man-made, just they have to have existed after porygon.
Also, if you include machamp, golem and alakazam as man made, they're not purely so. They have pokemon originating before them and their evolutions weren't solely created by man, but influenced and induced by man made devices.

So what about Pokemon like Rhyperior and Electivire that aren't fouund in the wild? They have to evolve w/ items, so are they manmade?

Lickilicky

Lickilicky Trainer
The Regis were not man-made. Where do you see that stated in canon?

Porygon's line was created by humans, and so was Castform. Mewtwo was as well.

on bulbapedia's article about the history of pokemon... that must be canon huh?

NPC

sleep researcher
shiningsloth13 said:
So what about Pokemon like Rhyperior and Electivire that aren't fouund in the wild? They have to evolve w/ items, so are they manmade?

Pokémon's bodies are obviously very responsive to radiation emitted by certain objects; see the evolution stones. Since we can assume that the process of trading a Pokémon transforms into energy and then reforms it, trading it with a specific item could reformat its body so that it takes on a new form. They wouldn't be found in the wild because the items needed are man-made or at least need to be refined by man.

Silph Co. realized that Pokémon could evolve through these means, and perfected the process by creating the Upgrade to turn Porygon into Porygon2. A rogue group, probably criminal, then created the Dubious Disc which results in an unofficial final form of Porygon: Porygon-Z.

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)
Porygon 2 z
Castform
Baltoy
Claydol
Bronzor
Bronzong
That's all the ones i could think off.

Paralititan

Lol, there is no proof whatsoever that Mew is manmade. Where did you get that from. Mew is an ancient pokemon you know.
Porygon, Mewtwo, and Castform are man-made. I don't think Rhyperior should be regarded as man made, but more of pokemon that is influenced or modified by men through trading and giving items. I think Baltoy and Bronzor are man-made to. I don't count their evo's since their evolutions and not directly man-made.

I don't know about the Regis. Is there canon iformation about them?

Last edited:

NPC

sleep researcher
Bronzor and Bronzong aren't man-made.

Voltorb might have been a man-made accident, though.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I dont think voltorb or electrode are man made. I think they evolved and become rounder and red/white based on the introduction of pokeballs. That adapted in response to a man-made item.

DarkPsychic

Master of Darkness
I agree, I think that a lot of the pokemon lines have evolved as Man has become more prone to them

What bout the trading pokemon?
You need to trade them to become their higher forms...So really, Steelix etc etc are all when you go into it artificial, if I remeber correctly.

Maybe these pokemon evolves because of the exchange of friendship, and that stuff.

I dont think voltorb or electrode are man made. I think they evolved and become rounder and red/white based on the introduction of pokeballs. That adapted in response to a man-made item.

Or maybe the scientists who made Pokeballs modeled them after Voltorb? Because that would make a lot more sense.

I have no idea why you people automatically assume that all things that resemble machines are man-made.

I doubt Voltorb is a pokeball that turned into a pokemon because Voltorb is 1'8", pokeballs are way smaller.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I can't believe no one mentions rotom yet.
Not that rotom itself is man-made, but rather, the appliances it possesses it made it into frost, fan, mow, wash or heat rotom.