• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Man the sprites back in the day were terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Untitled-4-1.png

"OMG is that cake for me?"

Rys

Postcount melting!
Bellsprout looked terrible until G/S

yeminied

I love Pikachu's yellow, it looks so much like out present day Pikachu. The sprites back then were terrible, Ekans just looks creepy, but I do love how Onix looks as if its pulling a dance move in Yellow.

Rys

Postcount melting!
Has anyone seen charizard's green sprite? Just no!

Chaos Shadow

Oh good times with these old sprites. Back in th' day they were pretty keen, but in retrospect, compared to the newer versions... yikes.

Pidgeot is one of the ones that's haunted me for years. It has no body. Which is ridiculous, because its original Red/Green sprite looks just fine.

I have to admit to having a certain fondness for some of the weirder ones, particularly Moltres. It looks like an old artistic interpretation, almost like what you'd find a Greek vase, which is rather unique (although completely nonsensical).

And now that I'm looking at them again, I have to say that the pose for the Yellow version of Dragonite is by far my favorite iteration of that particular sprites.

Indy

WAT
Porygon's R/B/G sprite looked pretty good. It's Yellow one did not.

Charmeleon's backsprite in R/B/G/Y... On the other hand.

Jerre

Gogoat!
- In Red, Exeggcute only exist of 1 big eceggcute and 5 small ones.
- In Green, Ekans head looks like a fish. Arbok looked better though.
- Mew in Green. It has a hunchback or something. It looked better in Red/Blue.
- Paras sprite in Red/Blue looks weird too. Reminds me of a Frog.

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
When I saw Venusaur's back sprite for R/B...
I-I-I don't wanna go there D:

I prefer the old sprites tbh, I'm one of those retro guys haha
the new stuf?? GO TO HELL

Indy

WAT
I liked Raichu's sprites in R/G/B.

Diglet and Dugtrio look fine. Jolten's older sprites look pretty good in Green also.

Alloute

Not Banned
Porygon's R/B/G sprite looked pretty good. It's Yellow one did not.

Charmeleon's backsprite in R/B/G/Y... On the other hand.

Porygon looks kinda scary...

Golbat, Wigglytuff, and Ditto are really bad.

Ditto looks too fluid to me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.