• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Man the sprites back in the day were terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

I don't know!
Fyi, the back sprites are based of the R/G sprites, not the R/B sprites, thus them being so bad.

mewmew202

Dragonite looked like it was falling apart, Ratata looked like a bad childrens drawing, no comment on Mew and the Eevee evo's look like different pokemon.

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
Most of the Sprites in 1st gen IS terrible, spesically the back sprites. Not so stange that glitches like M and Missingno came!

yes, the sprites looked bad, but that's only because that was 10 years ago.
The overworld sprites were strange too.....

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
mew was creepy....

The sprites were bad back then, but the games were great. You can expect them not to be like what we have now being that they are over a decade old.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
In Green and In some of R/B/Y they made fat sprites anerexic(Dragonite) and thin Sprites fat (don't ask how many) and I can say that the only sprites I enjoyed were the Green Pidgeot and Richu and the R/B Mew. The rest looked retarded.

plasticeye87

Can you see me?
The sprites back then were the pinnacle of perfection!

That's right look at the early mario, zelda, metroid, and donkey kong games crappy graphics but one cool game experience. ;)

lion6622

Yes, the sprites were scary. Especially Golbat's. *shudders*

I never really liked the back sprites of the pokemon in RBY but I liked dragonite's and butterfree's and blastoises back sprite

TheKickerOfElves

Chikity Check Urself
I never once mined the fact that the sprites were crappy or that they werent realistic or match the anime version..They were older games, and whenever I play them, I cant but appriciate the fact that someone with that wide of an imagination came up with such a thing. Yeah, I have my favorites, like Pigeot and Charizard and Gyardos, and yes some of them were really terrible, like Wigglytuff, but I love seeing how things have changed over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.