• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Man the sprites back in the day were terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Typhlosion would have looked like if he was in the 1st gen...probably terrible...

John Light

G mew and R/B mewtwo mentally scarred me for life

Last edited:

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
They all look horrible in Green. The best sprites for the 1stGen are in Yellow.

Sasori

<Never saw in anime
I disagree, only the MEW sprite for green was horrible. yellow made the pixels too small so it looked like little dots instead of lines.

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

You don't want to know what I thought Golbat looked like...

Yet I thought Mewtwo looked far better than he does in certain games...

And Chansey looked freakin' ugly, and I kept on running into it like four times on every level in Cerulean Cave...

A lot of them are bad, but a lot of them look good, as well.

MidnightTheMightyena

Money for nothing
When you send out venusaur it looks like a chewed up salad... Blastoise was super fat and mewtwo looked as though it was melting. ;262;

.:Faithless:.

.:~Silent Strength~:
I cracked up at green Hypno, it looks like my grandad XD

R/B/ Golbat... ew.

Red

Not the color
They weren't that bad.. Considering Pokemon was JUST in the making back then.. Although some did look hideous..

Some of my favorites from green:
greenspr099.png

greenspr025.png

greenspr089.png

greenspr134.png

HIDEOUS:
greenspr132.png

greenspr094.png

greenspr097.png

greenspr003.png

Oh well.. when making them maybe they had a screw loose..
greenspr081.png

Jimbobson

Piplup Master
Golbat looked crazy! and whats wrong with Sandslash on D/P?
Pikachu looks crazy on B/R, looks very fat.

Riukken

Expert of Steel Type
Machamp, Mew, and Golbat are forever stuck in my memories, the sprites were horrible. I always thought Gastly was better in R/B, having no definite shape and all, now Gastly just looks like a purple blob.

Golde

Always Searching~
I assume you mean Chansey...Yeah, but it was still by FAR the bestGB game I'd ever played.

LuciRuki

Born This Way
Golbat and Mew were definately the worst sprites in the games. They didn't even look remotely close to the advanced games or the anime.

-LuciRuki-

Status
Not open for further replies.