• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Man the sprites back in the day were terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Oh my god I can't believe there's a thread like this! I'm going to improvise.
greenspr107.png

Look at this. Stare at it and it looks like a Dodou taking a crap with a Togikess watching.

ROFL, I'd sig that if it wouldn't ruin my signature set up.

My least favorite is Green Mew since it looks abnormal, and Red/Blue Golbat because of its tongue hanging out.

mespritchaser

Vampire Slayer
Pokemon Yellow Pokemon Sprites took the real appearance of the Pokemon that appear in the present. Get me? XD

Take Gastly for example.
rbspr092.png
<--- He`s made out of powder. Weird.
gby092.gif
<--- His tail looks like purple flame but at least the face shows what Gastly really looks like now!

How about Geodude?
rbspr074.png
<--- Rock? Stone? More like a marble. That`s not Geodude. xD
gby074.gif
<--- THERE! Looks more like it!

Nah, just doing some crazy explanation. :p

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
they look asesome!

The only really good Green sprite was Butterfree. The rest creeped me out. Yellow sprites were way better.

Indy

WAT
All three of Machop's sprites from Red/Blue, GReen and Yellow.

Spr_1y_066.png

Yellow

Spr_1b_066.png

He kinda looks like a cookie...

Degel

Oh my god I can't believe there's a thread like this! I'm going to improvise.
greenspr107.png

Look at this. Stare at it and it looks like a Dodou taking a crap with a Togikess watching.

Well, you inspired this...
LOL.png

XD (It's not that well done, but whatever)

Anywho, back on topic, I'd have to say Drowzee, mainly due to the fact that he looks as though he has bad intentions.
But that may be my overactive imagination.

Last edited:

Indy

WAT
Well, you inspired this...
LOL.png

XD (It's not that well done, but whatever)

Anywho, back on topic, I'd have to say Drowzee, mainly due to the fact that he looks as though he has bad intentions.
But that may be my overactive imagination.

I just died laughing.

electivirus92

experienced trainer
what you guys talking about the sprites were awesome, my god its all about graphics nowadays, not the story or fun :mad:

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I'm so glad this thread is here. Honestly, I have to say that Ninetails kinda... looked like a poophead in Green. XD

greenspr038.png

I mean... I see what they were trying to do, but... it didn't work, man. XD Also...

greenspr040.png

OH GOD IT'S A TERRIBLE MUTANT. XD

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
what you guys talking about the sprites were awesome, my god its all about graphics nowadays, not the story or fun :mad:

Yeah uh, it's just that this specific topic is speaking of the graphics. It's funny looking back now at proportions, but then I guess the base drawing style is somewhat different now. There is no ill will with the gameplay. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.