• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manafi & Other New Pokemon Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ethereal

Well, this was posted in the thread in General Discussion, so I decided to make this thread here, also. The image here is of one of the new Pokemon set to debut in the next Pokemon movie in July.

img.php

The thing looks like some weird Chao/Jirachi combo. The three shadowed things are interesting. The first looks like it could be a Mantine pre-evo. The last thing looks like a Parrot with an Eigth note coming out of its head. The middle one...eh. Mermaid?

Let the stupid, rampant speculations begin. 8D8D8D8D8D

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Eternal said:
Let the stupid, rampant speculations begin. 8D8D8D8D8D

8D8D8D

That thing DOES look like a chao. Hell, it even has the little ball things at the end of it antennae. I'm guessing Water/Psychic. The shadows could be the starters, but I though they're usually revealed later in the game. Could be wrong though. Or maybe I just wasn't expecting another bird. Looks like it could be a parrot holding a scythe; of course, shadows are kind of hard to tell when it comes to things like that. The middle one...no idea. Looks like someone took Quilava's body, Vaporeon's tail, and Sceptile's pus balls and mixed 'em all together. The first one...Mantine pre-evo, probably. Damn it, it needs an evolution, not a baby...

EDIT: Here's a better pic

Last edited:

LBB

suw00p
wow it really does look like a chao jirachi combo, but it reminds me of celebi 0_o.
and the three shadows...

Eternal said:
The first looks like it could be a Mantine pre-evo. The last thing looks like a Parrot with an Eigth note coming out of its head. The middle one...eh. Mermaid?
i thought the middle was a fish thing also

Austere Articuno

Il fait froid
Now, now, don't underestimate our power to diverge so far from the original posted topic as to be in a completely different realm of Pokemon topics, but if you're satisfied that we'll stick with rambling, be my guest. :)

Blue thing. It looks like a Digimon. Someone get rid of it.

Last edited:
S

Spazzup

That thing is pretty cute. I wants me one 8D

This stuff better be real. I've been anxious to see new Pokémon for ages now. *foams*

BTW that first Pokémon is definitely a Mantine pre-evo. 100% sure about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eszett

one love
This thing is certainly petit enough to be deemed the next Celebi/Mew/Jirachi so unless Nintendo/Gamefreak take some radical departure from the past it'll be a Water/Psychic type. I just hope it has as good a movepool as the other three fully evolved Pokemon that share its typing.

Also, I iterated before that the first strikes me as a Mantine pre-evo, the second one strikes me as some Electric type (the shape of that tail is making me think Grass/Electric but I'm not going to make any assumptions), and the third seems to me to be a vulture. I'm thinking either a new Fighting/Flying type or even a Murkrow evo. :eek:

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
Why does May always have the freaking egg thing? The little chao thing looks really cute. I'll be ticked if it's not a real Pokemon.

EDIT: Mineral Trainer! WOOT!

E

Ethereal

Copy. Paste.

Hm...Upon closer inspection, that third shadow DOES look like the bird's holding a sickle. Murkrow evo for the fucking win, PLEASE! ;~;

Torchic23

gee that's swell
Awww, how cute! I really hope that is real because I think it's cute, it looks like the pre-evo of something but I can't quite place my feathers on it

Eszett

one love
Copied and pasted.

The second one is starting to look like a Lapras pre-evo to me... ;[

Should trends from the past hold true I'll be quite irked if I'm right.

Neu!
Not more water types!
Just what we needed...that bird shadow intrigues me though...
I think the middle one looks like a bug
o___________0

they definetlly could be our future starters
first one: definnetly water its a fish it looks just like one this might not be a dual type

2nd one well kind of a grass type with the tail lookin like long leaves and the back is flowers that havent bloomed looks can be decivin but maybe electric

3rd one: well you probably know its a fire well it kinda looks like torcic and could be fire out of its but it might be part flying

you can't tell what the dual type is at the first evo would u ever have guessed that torchic woud be a fighting?

Last edited:

Eszett

one love
I don't think a Pokemon so pivotal to the plot of this movie would be any Pokemon in the starter line. ;[

Also, to those raving about how these could be our starters, don't get your hopes up; starters are some of the last Pokemon they finalize and exposé for the generation. Methinks it's for the marketing, but regardless, that's usually how it works.

RandomCharizard

So, more babies?Great.
So I was thinking the third one could be the new pidgey/(Nothing here,since gold still had pidgey)/swellow. The first one is no doubt a Mantine Pre-Evolve. And the middle one is possibly one of the starters.

PDL

disenchanted
pasted from another fourm

that "Murkrow evo" looks more like a Parrot with a musical note for it's headcrest or something...

if a movie that takes place near the ocean has a parrot in it, does that mean that they're pirates in the new movie?

it better! :mad:

go To Pokemon-movie.jp Don't Type.com It Is Confirmed The Egg Is Confirmed This Is An Official Jap Site It Showed The Egg Wich That Pkmn Looks Like Go Here It Is Awesome And It Has Some Clips Of The Video

Last edited:

Snorlax 360

Sea Ruby Trainer
Darn, where is the Kracken that some of us were hoping for? :(

Anyway, the blue thing is cute, and yes, It does look like a Chao/Jirachi mix.

I'm sure the first shadow is a Mantine pre-evo, no idea about the second, and the third does look like a Murkrow evo. Interesting.

I'm pretty sure this isn't fake either.

?question?

<-Me in real life
I think the third one could very well be a Spearow pre-evo/final-evo that you know you've all been waiting for. And before you tear my theory apart, think about it... just think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.