• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manafi & Other New Pokemon Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
Three words about the little midget thing: HERO FLY CHAO.

The shadows: The one with the sickle\eigth note may be a Farfetch'd evo. a bird with a stick seems to fit the description. The other two, Mantine and Lapras pre-evos respectively.

J

Jacque-de-Lemono

No, if anything, this will be a Farfech'd EVO.

I mean, that would be pretty cool to have Farchech'd's stick to turn into a scythe .. =D

First one is definately a Mantine pre-evo. But, the middle one ... hmm .. maybe an Eevee evolution on it's hind legs? =S

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
I am pretty convince that the scan is REAL. So is this little guy the Prince of the Sea? Or was it Kyogre the pokemon the trailer was referring to?

Dubble Flux

Well first off, the first shadow is most likely a Mantine pre-evo (given that these are real pics). But think: just 'cause something evolves, doesn't mean it has to get bigger and more jagged. Maybe Mantine has a more compact, sleeker, areodynamic look for it's evo. 'Pac knows Mantine needs an evo, not a baby. Then there's the perspective variable. It's very possible the Poke' is positioned in a way that it looks like something it isn't. This ersatz Poke may not be a Mantine-anything!

2nd one: Everyone's already explained what it probably is, but I'll say what I think anyways. Grass/Electric (the tail looks like a tropical leaf to me), and those balls... maybe they're actually rings? An electric current, perhaps?

3rd: Parrot with Flag/Note(not likely)/Scythe(likely). I pray this is a Murkrow evo, 'cause I like the crow, but I just have better options. I would be happy to see all three of these as our starters, but given it's movie info, and starters are usually shown later, they probably aren't.

My conclusion: Fake (until confirmation), starters (which would be lucky), evo/pre-evos of already existing Pokes, which is the most likely. I would also say it's also possible they're new Pokes altogether, but that falls under 'starters'.

*Crosses fingers* Please be real!

~The One And Only Flux

J

Jacque-de-Lemono

Umm, you could be right. That little fella could be a Prince, but I think it's most likely Kyogre, and this is just a new supporting character.

I looked a little closer at the picture of the one I said was an Eevee evolution. It looks a lot like Lapras, whoever mentioned it. That would be awesome .. but why a pre-evo? *groans*

Magical Leaf

Kore wa nani mo imi shinai
As posted in the General Discussion thread, the translated name appears to be Manafui, or something along similar lines.

.Person.

No avatard plz
wELL... The second one is starting to look like a bug/fish thingy. I just tried to fit peices into the pokemon in MS. The third one looks like it has a necklase like row of feathers. It may have a syth or atleast something on it's head.

Than the first one... It should be that one manta-ray evo.

Sorry for the order.

P

Professor R

My OPINIONS:

The 1st shadow is a pre-evolution of Mantene.
The 2nd shadow is a water type.
The 3rd is an evolution of Murkrow/ Far'fetched

I'm 99% sure it's real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
Dude..this is as real as it gets. Some one's gotta be the most evil or biggest loser to put this much effort into making a fake scan.

Also, April Fool's is months away...

J

Jacque-de-Lemono

Umm, okay. Double post much?

Anywayz, I want to direct everyone's attention to the picture above the new Pokémon. You'll see the guy riding a Mantine, and more Mantine swimming/flying with it. That would kind of give you hint .. maybe? I'm not sure .. just thinking out loud.

E

Ethereal

?question? said:
I think the third one could very well be a Spearow pre-evo/final-evo that you know you've all been waiting for. And before you tear my theory apart, think about it... just think about it.
Who's been waiting for a Spearow baby or new evolution? Definitely not me. The thing is good enough as Fearow. Plus, the early bird Pokemon aren't touched apparently, by the designers.

And RandomCharizard, G/S/C had Hoothoot. :/

Eszett

one love
Jacque-de-Lemono said:
I looked a little closer at the picture of the one I said was an Eevee evolution. It looks a lot like Lapras, whoever mentioned it. That would be awesome .. but why a pre-evo? *groans*
*raises hand*

I said it since it looks smaller to me, to be honest. Also, Lapras is plenty strong enough as-is, so I doubt they would make the thing evolve. Ah well, might be good for a few egg moves.

Also, it looks too tall to be an Eeveelution.

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
Jacque-de-Lemono said:
Umm, okay. Double post much?

Anywayz, I want to direct everyone's attention to the picture above the new Pokémon. You'll see the guy riding a Mantine, and more Mantine swimming/flying with it. That would kind of give you hint .. maybe? I'm not sure .. just thinking out loud.

Umm..he's riding a Mantine and there are Mantines randomly swimming around. I don't see any hints that would suggest anything. >_>

J

Jacque-de-Lemono

It would suggest that the movie will include Mantine, right? Meaning, that the first shadow could be seen in the movie, with a mother Mantine or something .. like I said, I was just thinking outloud.

Chris

Old Coot
I believe the scan came from the new CoroCoro comics since they said they would be unveiling a new Pokémon. And since it's featuring actual anime art we've never seen before, I'd say it's fair to say it's legit.

From the looks of the katakana in the word bubble, the name's either Manafui or Manafi. Here be the katakana: マナフィ

And personally, I think that bird looking one appears more like a small eagle if anything. >_>

E

Ethereal

That's what I said about the art being new, Ed. 8D

You didn't manage to translate the other two shadow's names, did you?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Umm, you could be right. That little fella could be a Prince, but I think it's most likely Kyogre, and this is just a new supporting character.
well in the trailer they state something about the prince of the sea being a pokemon we've never seen so I'm guessing its the prince of the sea.
go To Pokemon-movie.jp Don't Type.com It Is Confirmed The Egg Is Confirmed This Is An Official Jap Site It Showed The Egg Wich That Pkmn Looks Like Go Here It Is Awesome And It Has Some Clips Of The Video
no offense but, we've known this since december.
Why does May always have the freaking egg thing?
May's only owned one egg. Max last time had Jirachi's egg and he had a big focus maybe this time May can have a bigger role in the movies.

Volteon

Back I guess??
what I think:
1st: look likes one wailmer/mantine mix, but I hope it isn´t related to mantine, then it´s counterparts Skarmory wll get the same thing...
2nd: o_O another mix between Quilava and Flaafy or dragonair.
3rd: the new starter bird (such as hoothoot, pidgey and tailow) but this one looks cooler! I don´t see a musical note, I see more a flag than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.