• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manafi & Other New Pokemon Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Serebii said:
I have never used the Literal English Spelling thanks as I believe it is inaccurate...and thus until I see proof...Manafi it is :p
If that's so, then how come you refer to Sneasel's evolution as 'Manyula'. Surely by that logic you should be calling it 'Manyura' instead? :/
And if visable proof is what you need, then how come you ignored all the evidence regarding Lucario x.x;

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
My logic is selective :p

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Hm, have we had a Water/Steel pokemon? Because I'm thinking that's what the Manitine 'pre-evo' (Read: Evo) is. It looks like a sub to me.

E

Ethereal

Aldrius said:
Hm, have we had a Water/Steel pokemon? Because I'm thinking that's what the Manitine 'pre-evo' (Read: Evo) is. It looks like a sub to me.
Pardon me for my ignorance, but since when was it confirmed that anything was related to Mantine? Joe said don't state you're wild speculations as fact, or to go crazy with evo/pre-evo talk. :/

Woopert

Bulbapædist
Serebii said:
My logic is selective :p

Ah, so that's what causes us to have Rukario and Manafi (instead of Lucario and Manaphy, respectively) but Manyula instead of Manyuura? o_O

BTW, Filb's article, which calls this Pokémon Manaphy, also gives three more names: タマンタ (Tamanta), ペラップ (Perappu?), and ブイゼル (Buizeru?). It's up to you whether you want to believe them or not, but I'm 99% sure these are the names of those three silhouettes.

D

Dissonation

Hmm Im thinking that the second shadow, the one with the two-tails, could be some type of penguin pokemon...maybe...i say this because the protrusion on its head could possibly be its beak, say for instance is its looking up...but i dunno...just my theory...

MaskedManAbsolkid

Shadow 1: The odd ball-like thing reminds me of Mantine, but I don't wanna jump to conclusions, because I remember saying in the topic where Manene, Bonsly and Manyula's shadows were posted that Manene's shadow was a Misdreavus evo/pre-evo because we saw Misdreavus in the pictures we had of the 8th movie. It'd be interesting if it was related to Mantine, though it reminded me of Dustox.

Shadow 2: The split-tailed creature reminds me of a pokemon that isn't related to others. But I also said that about manyula's shadow.

Shadow 3: Glad I wasn't the only one to think this was an Absol pre-evo. Looks Murkrow-ish, and the translation about it makes me doubt it's Farfetch'd a bit, even though I think it's got the chance.

Manafi: I'll call it Manafi, even though its English name may be manaphy. After all, I prefer Manafi. If I put all the 4th gen art together (only the ones from when they were revealed), I can admit it's the cutest of them all. It may be the 4th small legendary, like Mew, Celebi and Jirachi. It's got potential, though I think one of the other 3 may be stronger.

Edit: If Woopert is correct, can someone check to see which Pokemon's japanese names are related the most, just in case it's related to one?

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Pardon me for my ignorance, but since when was it confirmed that anything was related to Mantine? Joe said don't state you're wild speculations as fact, or to go crazy with evo/pre-evo talk. :/

It's not confirmed. Most people in the topic just seemed to agree it was a Mantine pre-evo, it just seemed better than calling it 'shadow #1'. I am in no way saying that's what it definetly is.

Though I'm PERSONALLY pretty sure it is, same twin-tail and winged flipper-idea.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Tamanta is quite similar to Mantain, Mantine's Japanese name. End of comment.
Perappu and Buizeru don't resemble either Kamonegi (Farfetch'd) or Yamikarasu (Murkrow), so I'll leave that where it is for now. Maybe someone can give an idea of what the names could mean.

I'll leave any other theories to people whose Japanese is a wee bit better, or whose opinions on these pokemon are different from mine.

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
Tama means sphere. The Pokemon is vaguely spherical.

Nashura

Hmmm,i think it's possibe that the first is pre of ledyba?And yea,the volture looking looks like it has a swing orso,i dunno what it's called in english xD

Myo

Cascade Trainer
the third one could be an evolution of Farfecthed cause it is holding a sickles like how Farfeched hold a stick?

sorry if some one posted this already

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
It's NOT a sickle. It's a musical note. It's tail is a bagpipe too.

Nashura

How do you know foor sure it's not a sickle?
Have you seen the poke's picture?

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
The text right beside it explicitly states it's a music note. Is that not evidence enough?

Nashura

xD
NOt all can read japanse xD
But that means they know how the poke looks like?

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
Then use the translations already readily avliable. And of course they know what they look like. It was written by those who designed them.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Woopert said:
Ah, so that's what causes us to have Rukario and Manafi (instead of Lucario and Manaphy, respectively) but Manyula instead of Manyuura? o_O

BTW, Filb's article, which calls this Pokémon Manaphy, also gives three more names: タマンタ (Tamanta), ペラップ (Perappu?), and ブイゼル (Buizeru?). It's up to you whether you want to believe them or not, but I'm 99% sure these are the names of those three silhouettes.
We are not just basing random trademarks as being Pokemon names...many a time it has brought many errors so I would thank you not to refer to them as the sihlouette's names

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Nashura said:
NOt all can read japanse
For those who don't read Japanese:

Left-most pokemon: "This pokemon looks like a new fish pokemon."

Center pokemon: "Notice how its tail has split in two."

Right-most pokemon: "It has a unique music note-like shape."

(First two swiped from Dogasu.)

Nashura said:
But that means they know how the poke looks like?
I don't know, but I don't fully doubt it.

DoctorOak

Me > Serebii :p
Serebii said:
We are not just basing random trademarks as being Pokemon names...many a time it has brought many errors so I would thank you not to refer to them as the sihlouette's names

They hit the mark dead on this time last year for Manene, Manyula and Usohachi... and considering Tamanta fits the bill the most, it would be fair to assume that the others are applicable to the other 2 shadows.

Although it'd be much more difficult to say which applies to which, so really, until confirmation I wouldn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.