• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manaphy

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Obtaining a Manaphy in Gen 4 was easier than obtaining most other Mythical Pokemon since you could get a Manaphy egg from all three Pokemon Ranger games or from an event distribution at Toys R Us in the United States. You could also just trade for it. So I'm just wondering how did you all get Manaphy in your Gen 4 games?

I got mine from the Manaphy egg in Pokemon Ranger 1 and I remember hatching it early in Diamond because I wanted to add it to my team although I changed my mind eventually.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Same, though it was the original Ranger game. Never ended up using it in my team because I already had a Water type on the team, and it seemed too special to use

Leonhart

Imagineer
I got my first Manaphy egg from the first Pokemon Ranger game, then I used the second and third Ranger games to get Manaphy's egg for my other Gen IV games. I never managed to get the special Toys R Us Manaphy, unfortunately.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Sadly I never got to hatch and raise a Manaphy in any of the games. I'd love to see the Egg actually obtainable in-game in the Sinnoh remakes, should they come out, but I doubt this happens.

That's unfortunate. If I remember right, Manaphy could be registered as seen in the Zukan (Pokedex) in Platinum version, so at the very least people who never got a Manaphy themselves were able to add its page to their encyclopedia [although not its whole entry I believe].

MockingJ

Banned
I got the event Manaphy from Toys R Us that had the Red Scarf. I didn't realize till now that it was a reference to May's red bandana since she was the main character in the Manaphy movie.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
I owned both Pokémon Ranger and Pokémon Diamond back in the day, but I never knew about the Manaphy mission. I lost the former game though, so I regret that a bit in hindsight, but I may try to acquire Manaphy from a WiFi event one day.

TwilightBlade

Here's how I got Manaphy in all 5 of my Generation 4 games:

• Diamond: I got the Manaphy egg from the original Pokemon Ranger game
  • Pearl: I got an event Manaphy from a Toys "R" Us event via trade
  • Platinum: I got the Manaphy egg from the second Pokemon Ranger game
  • HeartGold: I got the Manaphy egg from the third Pokemon Ranger game
  • SoulSilver: I got a hatched Manaphy via trade

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I never got a Manaphy egg in Gen IV or a Manaphy until Gen VI. I did buy a used Pearl game that had a couple of Manaphy Eggs but I’m unsure if they are both hacked or legit or if one is legit while the other is hacked. I figured the only way is to hatch them and see if I can transfer them in the Gen V and then the Gen VI and VII games. I think that they might be real given the date as to when the Egg was received and that it is from the Ranger game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dicklaycia said:
I owned both Pokémon Ranger and Pokémon Diamond back in the day, but I never knew about the Manaphy mission. I lost the former game though, so I regret that a bit in hindsight, but I may try to acquire Manaphy from a WiFi event one day.

The problem with the Manaphy mission in the first Pokemon Ranger game is that it had to be unlocked with a code that was only revealed on the official Pokemon website I believe. So anyone who didn't have internet access was basically clueless about the Manaphy mission, and were therefore unable to get the Manaphy egg and transfer it to Diamond and Pearl.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I got the TRU event Manaphy from from someone in a trade a long time ago. I don't know what TRU stands for and I never even used that Manaphy other than to complete my Dex.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I don't know what TRU stands for and I never even used that Manaphy other than to complete my Dex.

That would be the Toys R Us Manaphy, which I believe was distributed as a promotional tie-in with the DVD release of the ninth Pokemon movie in North America. It also has an Australian counterpart that has a different ID number, but same moveset.

TwilightBlade

Speaking of Manaphy eggs is it even possible to hatch a shiny Manaphy from the Pokemon Ranger eggs or is it shiny locked like some of the other event Pokemon?

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Speaking of Manaphy eggs is it even possible to hatch a shiny Manaphy from the Pokemon Ranger eggs or is it shiny locked like some of the other event Pokemon?

From what I've heard a Pokemon Ranger Manaphy egg can only be hatched as a Shiny on a cartridge that is different from the one it was transferred to in the first place.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
From what I've heard a Pokemon Ranger Manaphy egg can only be hatched as a Shiny on a cartridge that is different from the one it was transferred to in the first place.

But why is the egg Shiny locked in the game it's received in if it can just be traded to another game and hatched as a Shiny Manaphy? Seems like a waste to add a shiny lock that can be overridden.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
But why is the egg Shiny locked in the game it's received in if it can just be traded to another game and hatched as a Shiny Manaphy? Seems like a waste to add a shiny lock that can be overridden.

I don't know the exact mechanics of the Shiny lock, only that it can be bypassed by trading the Manaphy egg to another Gen IV game. Frankly, I would never waste my time trying to hatch a Shiny Manaphy anyway since it seems like a lot of trouble for little payoff.

Venomshock

Manaphy was a piece of cake to get compared to most other mythical Pokemon. I got one from the 1st Pokemon Ranger game for my Diamond version and a 2nd Manaphy for Pearl from the Guardian Signs game.

jaden767

Amphetamine
I didn't know about any Manaphy events other than the Pokemon Ranger one and that's how I got Manaphy in Diamond.

I wish I had known about the Manaphy events in the Range sequels then I could've transferred one of the eggs into my Soul Silver game.