1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Manche's sprite dump.

Discussion in 'Fan Sprites' started by Manche, Aug 27, 2011.

?

do you like my pokemons centaur types?

1. YES

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. NO

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Manche

Manche Active Member

[​IMG]

all i h<ave so far, i'm ready for opinions.

2. Austin Thomas

Austin Thomas Member

Im not personally all that into splices, i perfer scratches. But i do like the blue and white richu

3. Manche

Manche Active Member

what about the others?

4. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

Love the Tauros + Machamp. Salamence without wings looks like he's naked or something, just doesn't look right. It's a good sprite, though.

5. Original151Rocks

Original151Rocks My Answer Is Yes

I like the White Braviary Griffin thing. Looks great. All of these look awesome keep up the good work.

6. Great work you have here! I'd consider adding Scratches and Revamps. Maybe Reposes.

7. manaphy72

manaphy72 Well-Known Member

i like the neon blue gallade its beast

8. Manche

Manche Active Member

thanks I'm glad you fod the real animal/trainers cool.

9. Jameson1

Jameson1 Mes amis

I like the Vulpix that looks like a real fox, great job. And the Darkrai/Giratina looks awesome.

10. Enel

Enel Banned

Alors, it is evaluating time s'il vous plaît!

Bien sûr, it appears you have amassed quite the collection of sprites. But are all of them good? Let a Connoisseur like myself evaluate them! It is clear you have worked hard on these sprites. Mais, they do not contain the love and spirit that a more diligent spriter would put into them. Simply put, my good man, these sprites look like you dragged certain parts over each other. You have made no effort to edit the shading after splicing these sprites, and that's what makes them fall apart. You must fix the shading in order for these to look good. Fortunately, I do have some pros to bring up. It is quite appealing to see that you scracthed that Seviper-morph's head, and we must see more of that! Scratch more parts when necessary, friend. I see you scratched part of the fox and the horse lady too, as well as the Renamon centaur. My final analysis is...it's good for a beginner, but you must push yourself and try new things! Focus more on the quality, and less on the quantity. I expect big things of you. If I were to leave with one compliment for you, it would be that your Reshiram/Zekrom combination is simply delightful for what it is. But don't stop practicing.

Good luck!

11. Manche

Manche Active Member

This is the kind of content I was looking for!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  12. Enel

Enel Banned

Merci beaucoup, mon ami. It was my pleasure. You show promise. I suggest you start by doing a fusion of a different nature. I'll suggest one for you. Let's see you do a fushion of Conkeldurr and Blastoise, for starters. It'd be best for you to branch out.

13. Manche

Manche Active Member

[​IMG]

Like so?

14. Enel

Enel Banned

That's a great start, Manche! I'm proud to see that you did some scratching. Practice makes perfect, as they say. Mais oui, if you keep doing sprites outside what you usually do, you'll be able to refine your own spriting style and improve as a spriter. This sprite is refreshing like a cool glass of water, served with a hint of lemon extract. My suggestion for next time is to combine the features of Conkeldurr and Blastoise more deeply. I'm happy to say this is progress.

15. M4zz

M4zz Banned

Well, outside of what the Fan Sprite food critic said, the copy+paste is very noticable, but this isn't the case with the centaur sprites. It's your niche, and you contain it well. It seems however, bar the latest Conkelstoise sprite, that a lot of things were thrown together moreso for the quantity, not quality.

I'll give you credit however, you've definately got the hang of it. Keep trying, and experiment outside your comfort zone a bit. Experiencing new areas of spriting ouside fusions and recolours can improve the mentioned fusions and recolours.

16. Manche

Manche Active Member

Like what? I'm dry of ideas

17. M4zz

M4zz Banned

There's pixel overs, devamps, revamps, mapping. Tons of other things to try.

18. TheBluePorygon

TheBluePorygon i miss the old kanye

Good Splicing! I especially like the Braviary + Absol Splice!

19. I love the Mewtwo/Girafarig, the Scizor/Vespiquen, and the Infernape/Lickilicky. Some of them look a little sloppy though, like the Flareon/Growlithe.

20. Deniro

Deniro New Member

that's a pretty awesome spinda, i also really like you tauros/machamp centaur, but alot of your sprites, looked pretty awkward, like the dragonite/azelf one, where you didn't even change the colours to match, but in general, I like your centaurs, you should also try other things than fusions sometimes too