• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manche's sprite dump.

do you like my pokemons centaur types?

• YES

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Necro101

Your spirits ate pretty cool. :) I actually have nothing to say about them.
Nice work!!!! :)

( you could try re colours)

RAWK ON BLAZIKEN IS EPIC!!!!

Last edited:

Manche

quLhE.png
sawsbuck_trainer_by_smvuy-d4kptv1.png

My latest

Bert

Untitled
Quite a few of these are really good sprites, especially the Tauros with Machamp (?) tickled my fancy, but you shouldn't just limit yourself to the same type of fusion over and over. An idea, even a good one, gets old really quick so you have to adapt, come up with new stuff, be ambitious and creative... that's your duty as an artist. You could probably create hundreds and hundreds more of these centaur things (especially since you also use trainer sprites, which I'll admit is pretty cool) but after like 5 or 10 we've seen it.

So what I'd do, if I were you, is select the best out of these (definitely put the Tauros/Machamp in there, or I'll kill you) to showcase and get general C&C on, but at the same time try something new. As I said, it's your responsibility to decide exactly what you want to do but if I see you making anymore centaurs by the time I give this thread another look I'm sure that'll be the last one. Don't take this personal, you have some potential but it's time to start doing other stuff. It's the same with those spriters who stick to recoloring, they lack ambition to try and go for something more challenging.

As for your actual spriting work, I'm glad to see you made almost no technical mistakes on your best ones: you position your parts (albeit Copy/Paste, but that's acceptable) well, you recolor well and you seem to have some imagination (like on that Mewtwo/Seviper I really like what you did to the eye, really good), but it's time to put those skills to better use. Since there's no chronology in your sprites I don't know if these are your older ones, but some of them DO have problems. Mainly problems where you copied parts and flipped/rotated them without changing the shading (Charizard/Milotic e.g.) but since your better works don't have those problems, I'll just 'assume' that the ones who do are your oldest.

Also, in response to your comment on my work I'd like to say that, while I do feel flattered, I prefer constructive posts with a bit of meat to them (to quote Frozen_Voltorb). You may want to read up on the sticky here ("Concerning C&C and general posting"), it'll help you understand. Thanks and keep the spriting up!

Last edited:

Manche

Quite a few of these are really good sprites, especially the Tauros with Machamp (?) tickled my fancy, but you shouldn't just limit yourself to the same type of fusion over and over. An idea, even a good one, gets old really quick so you have to adapt, come up with new stuff, be ambitious and creative... that's your duty as an artist. You could probably create hundreds and hundreds more of these centaur things (especially since you also use trainer sprites, which I'll admit is pretty cool) but after like 5 or 10 we've seen it.

So what I'd do, if I were you, is select the best out of these (definitely put the Tauros/Machamp in there, or I'll kill you) to showcase and get general C&C on, but at the same time try something new. As I said, it's your responsibility to decide exactly what you want to do but if I see you making anymore centaurs by the time I give this thread another look I'm sure that'll be the last one. Don't take this personal, you have some potential but it's time to start doing other stuff. It's the same with those spriters who stick to recoloring, they lack ambition to try and go for something more challenging.

As for your actual spriting work, I'm glad to see you made almost no technical mistakes on your best ones: you position your parts (albeit Copy/Paste, but that's acceptable) well, you recolor well and you seem to have some imagination (like on that Mewtwo/Seviper I really like what you did to the eye, really good), but it's time to put those skills to better use. Since there's no chronology in your sprites I don't know if these are your older ones, but some of them DO have problems. Mainly problems where you copied parts and flipped/rotated them without changing the shading (Charizard/Milotic e.g.) but since your better works don't have those problems, I'll just 'assume' that the ones who do are your oldest.

Also, in response to your comment on my work I'd like to say that, while I do feel flattered, I prefer constructive posts with a bit of meat to them (to quote Frozen_Voltorb). You may want to read up on the sticky here ("Concerning C&C and general posting"), it'll help you understand. Thanks and keep the spriting up!

the oldest owrks are on the top section I stack them as I go.... I also do other stuff but I dont get requested much!

centaurs and anthro aniumals are a thing I always liked, and pokemon sprites (some) offer plenty of real animal lookalikes. (notices how many were stripped of their pokemon features) so I mix and match them. I have a shop if you wish to melt my brain

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=538248

Bert

Untitled
I'm not here to request anything mate. We judge your work and help you get better.

As an artist, you have a few responsibilities; 1. coming up with ideas, 2. turning those ideas into actual works, and 3. constantly trying to improve yourself. If you stick to only 2 or even 1 of these you're not really an artist, imo. You're like a builder who just does whatever the Architect's plans told him to.

You shouldn't wait for people requesting stuff to come up with something new. However, since I'm in a good mood I'll give you a 'suggestion' instead of a request. Why don't you try out other mythical creatures? You could even make a whole mythicaldex or anything. Sphinxes, Chimaeras, Centaurs (you have plenty of these though, already <_< ), Minotaurs, Griffins, ... the sky is the limit!

I do think your Centaurs are pretty good, but after seeing around 10 of them I got bored, which couldn't have been your goal. By posting here you're asking opinions and trying to improve yourself, remember that. We're here to do just that, no more, no less. For clueless praise you should stick to the request forum, since, like you mentioned, people even come up with ideas in your stead over there.

Last edited:

Manche

rDkzT.png

THAT SPRITE IS A SPY!

JzzBx.png

I WANT SANDVICH!

oCN4g.png

Made of stuff picked up from many sprites.

lFxYe.png

Manche

The questions is: how to be better with not many pixels and witout overdoing it?

Manche

a dragonspawn rom the world of warcraft

dragonspawn_sprite_by_smvuy-d5fau57.png

Attachments

• dragonspawn_sprite_by_smvuy-d5fau57.png
    dragonspawn_sprite_by_smvuy-d5fau57.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 142

Manche

YOU mean the centaur shaped ones? I love them too.

african_taur_by_smvuy-d5fcyof.png

more usage of humans and real animals

Last edited: