• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mandatory Vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The people that stonewall the process of rolling out/"argue" against mandatory vaccinations usually say that it isn't legal because "Freedom of Expression", supposedly applies t0 "bodily autonomy" (or the 4th)....and are usually the same ones who also quote the 1st Amendment to excuse white people saying the N-Word.

Usually they only want said "bodily autonomy" to rail against "big pharma"(Scrimping on medicine and surgery via homeopathic remedies that are actually more expensive and dramatically less effective to try and save money for that inevitable future upper-class life so many Americans(And a lot of Europeans) are deluded/have been conned into thinking is right around the corner at the expense of other people's lives,(when, in reality, capitalism ITSELF is one giant Pyramid/Ponzi Scheme), but not to women who don't want to be pregnant.

"Freedom for me, but not for thee" types who twist the power of choice to take choices away from those who either aren't wealthy/upper class or aren't worthy of getting rich(quick) in their minds.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I had this idea where anti-vaxxers could only go to fake hospitals where there are no real doctors. That way there's no Hippocratic Oath getting in the way of mistreating them.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
It works on paper, but only on paper, mainly because there would be severe push back, even by people who support vaccinations. It'd hurt more than it would help, I think. Providing facts and figures is a more effective way of vaccinating the public rather than holding them down and shouting, "This is for your own good!" Don't get me wrong, I'm all for vaccinations, herd immunity, etc. but it can't come from government mandating.

That and anything that would happen to anti-vaxer kids (who got forced vaccinations) would be put on full blast by their parents. Kid ends up having epilepsy? "He never had epilepsy BEFORE being forcefully vaccinated!" Kid has a learning disability diagnosed later in life? Same song, second verse, same as the first. And you know there would be people who would listen to it. It's aggravating, but education and talking to them (not down to them) is better than turning them off something for life when it could save their kid's life/future. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, as the saying goes.

This is unfortunately probably the most accurate statement on this entire topic so far. And this is what would happen. The second someone's son or daughter got diagnosed with a chronic illness after being vaccinated, the vaccine would be blamed for it (because something will be blamed). And the way our culture is right now, lawsuits galore. This is especially true with vaccines that have 'rare, but serious' side-effects.

Mind you, if the government can get around this (and I'm sure there's ways around this), they could probably make it work.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If that was the case then anyone who got sick would sue flu vaccine makers.

The real danger is disease being around from person to person because they aren't vaccinated, because it evolves to where the vaccine is less effective. Remember we are on 3rd and 4th generation medicine in some cases because everything became resistant to penicillin, which might be why you're wondering why they hardly use it anymore. The secret fear is that disease evolves faster than our ability to keep it under control.

Poke Trainer J

At least we don't have to worry about mandatory vaccinations for COVID-19 thanks to President Trump regardless of what your political views of him are.

Status
Not open for further replies.