• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manectric Charge! (335)

I really like this episode. I'm a Manectric fan, and seeing how Watson's Electrike evolved was really nice, as well as how it defeated Ash's Torkoal. After all, Ash losing every now and then keeps him realistic. And yeah, Torkoal playing soccer was pretty funny as well. And Skitty beating that Ampharos was also cool. 8/10.

NPT

Just a member
"Manectric Charge!"

I'm kinda disappointed with this episode. I didn't like the battle between Wattson's Ampharos and May's Skitty, How in the world a not-so-well trained Skitty defeated an experienced fully-evolved Ampharos is beyond my thoughts. It seems like the writers really like to give Skitty so many wins.

Then there was the terrible battle between Ash and Wattson. After battling with Flannery, Ash should've known that he can't let Torkoal use Overheat that many times. He should've also known that overconfidence is never good.....But what you know? Ash forgot everything and lost the battle badly! Geez, every time the writers want him to lose to someone, they always make him forget everything he learned in the past. It's really annoying!

If the writers wanted to showcase Wattson so badly, they could've make Ash lose to him in the Gym battle and then have Ash beat Wattson in a rematch. It would've been much better than Ash losing to Wattson AFTER getting the Dynamo Badge.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I just watched this episode for the first time IIRC. In regards to the Ash vs Wattson battle, I kind of have mixed feelings. I like Wattson a lot and thought his Manectric was strong, so I don't mind that he won. But, watching Ash just spam Overheat was a little painful. -_-

Overall, though, I did enjoy this episode. I liked May's battle as I thought Skitty looked hilarious Double Slapping that Ampharos. My favourite part was definitely Torkoal's soccer fail!

Torkoal trying to kick the soccer ball was hilarious (and adorable with the way it was standing up!)!
Ash's rematch with Wattson was a lot better than is first battle against him. Glad that Wattson had a chance this time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved that small carnival that TR set up here as well as seeing Jessie and James in Gengar and Tauros costumes. I also giggled when Ash's Torkoal hit the soccer ball with his tears. I was glad when Wattson arrived and helped get rid of TR as well as evolving his Electrike into Manectric. TR battling Wattson's mecha Raikou was fun to watch as well.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was happy to see Ash's group back at Mauville and especially seeing Wattson again and his Manectric. Ampharos vs Skitty was cool, and I liked Jessie's and James' Gengar and Tauros costumes as well ha ha. ^^;

Gillachu

Banned
Wattson finally redeemed himself by owning Manectric. Why it took so long for him to be shown as strong is beyond me...

branflake

Freedom Fighter
I wouldn't be surprised if they "rereleased" an (ugh...) "HD" version of this old episode just to force us into forking over some more cash...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wattson finally redeemed himself by owning Manectric. Why it took so long for him to be shown as strong is beyond me...

Yea I wish Wattson had owned Manectric the first time Ash challenged him inside the Mauville gym and my only guess is that he was given a Manectric here as foreshadowing for Emerald version.

JudySpell

Banned
I'm grateful that Wattson now got his chance to show his true power after Ash trolled him before & Manectric seemed strong. 8/10

I was looking forward to seeing Wattson again and his Manectric seemed so strong. I was happy that he got redemption which he needed badly.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The best parts I liked about this episode were TR going through Wattson's obstacle course and May's battle against Watt. I loved the carnival, which was pretty interesting for one of Team Rocket's capture schemes. I liked how excited May got over the ribbon case for sale.~

Leonhart

Imagineer
So now Satoshi and his friends were back at Kinsetsu City. I loved Musashi and Kojirou's festival scam and how they wore Gangar and Kentauros costumes, and I was also pleased to see Tessen's assistant Watt battle Haruka's Eneco. Tessen versus Satoshi round two was satisfying as well because Livolt beat Cotoise.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
and I was also pleased to see Tessen's assistant Watt battle Haruka's Eneco.

I didn't like how May's Skitty won, though. I mean Ampharos looked so much stronger and I bet Skitty only won as a way of foreshadowing its Verdanturf Contest win...

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
It wasn't much fun seeing Ash served up on a platter to redeem Wattson.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan

Leonhart

Imagineer
It wasn't much fun seeing Ash served up on a platter to redeem Wattson.

As much as I liked Tessen and Livolt, I somewhat agree. Their rematch with Satoshi in this episode felt contrived and transparent: it was too obvious that Satoshi lost as a way of giving Tessen his dignity back for having lost so badly last time.