• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manectric Charge! (335)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Manectric Charge!

Back in Mauville City, Ash decides to re-challenge Wattson to test out his newly captured Torkoal. However Wattson's Electrike recently evolved into a Manectric causing Ash to have a tough battle. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I saw a clip of this episode, the bit when Skitty battles Ampharos. What a good battle, little Skitty Double Slapping that Ampharos! Go Skitty!!
From this episode you can tell that May is definatly growing with her Pokemon.
Skitty is just so cute!

Woohoo Mind Trainer! Caught up with Ash! Well hello there Tate & Liza, wanna battle? (omg 1000 posts)

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
Yeah that episode sounds cool and may has really done well in the pokemon series

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I am going to guess some dub titles for this ep. It's fun.

Watt are You Waiting For? (What are you waiting for?)
A Shock For Sore Eyes! (A sight for sore eyes)
Growing Tames (TV "Growing Pains")
A Shocking Defeat (Nothing Special)
The Thunder Years (TV "The Wonder Years")
Shock Therapy (Nothing Special)

I hope it's not a corny dub name.

Is this the first time Ash has had a rematch with a gym leader after he beat him/her?

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I think so, unless you want to count Brock & Misty that is. I'm looking forward to this one. The two battles sound great! Go, Skitty! Go, Skitty! You beat that big lamb! XD May's come a long way.

P

Princess May

Space Skitty said:
I think so, unless you want to count Brock & Misty that is. I'm looking forward to this one. The two battles sound great! Go, Skitty! Go, Skitty! You beat that big lamb! XD May's come a long way.

lol, i totally agree!!! GO SKITTY! ;300;

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Nice episode, but they wasted too much time with TR in the beginning.

I liked it that Skitty beat Ampharmos. At this point SKitty seems to be as strong or stronger than her Beautifly, probably her strongest at this point.

Also nice to see Ash lose for a time. Thank goodness they didn't have him blindly win just for the sake of it.

MetaMew

Johto Champion
It was an ok episode. What really ****** me off is how the Trainer Choice said that a Larvitar, out of the choices, Swampert and Seviper, would be a better choice to fight against a Manectric. Come now, Swampert is a Water/Ground that has very high attack power compared to a puny larvitar.

L

Lindsay

Wow Team Idiots carnival was actually great. To bad they had to ruin all the nice fun as usual. Really loved Torkoal trying to play soccer and Skitty being uber cute with the ring on her tail.

But yeah the idiots somehow got a magic net thats immune to seemingly any attack. I call BS on that plot device. Anyhow it was pretty predictable that Wattson would show up to help save the day. The unexpected part that it helped Electrike evolve. I figured it already would be.

Good opening to the second half with May vs Watts. She's actually been a competent battler lately so it was great ta see Skitty kick some butt!

Ash and Torkoal on the other hand got beat fair and square. Is it me or has Ash been racking up more losses then wins this season? Anyway Torkoal vs Manectric was kinda boring. Oh well at least Ash remembered Iron Defense.

And now I understand why the anime had them travel back to Mauville the way they did - to go to Verdanturf Town for more contest goodness.

4 / 5

Ash's rematch vs Wattson was abit of a letdown but otherwise this was a terrific episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
MetaMew said:
It was an ok episode. What really ****** me off is how the Trainer Choice said that a Larvitar, out of the choices, Swampert and Seviper, would be a better choice to fight against a Manectric. Come now, Swampert is a Water/Ground that has very high attack power compared to a puny larvitar.

Swampert is also Ground, which Larvitar is not. Electricity doesn't effect Swampert at all.

L

Lindsay

Cybercubed said:
Swampert is also Ground, which Larvitar is not. Electricity doesn't effect Swampert at all.

Larvitar is Rock/Ground but still Swamperts the better choice since it's fully evolved. What was the 3rd choice? I got it down as Torkoal but I'm also half asleep.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Cybercubed said:

Larvitar is Rock/Ground Cyber. Hope you aren't slipping.

Anyway, I liked this Episode before and I still like it.

-Guess 4Kids read the PokéNav wrong. They said "double back to Petalburg", when in fact Verdanturf is right between Mauville and Petalburg.

-;_; I miss the electric synthesizer they had for Electrike. And yes, we all know Manectric used "the voice". Boo-hoo. Rawr. I would've liked the Synthesizer with that one too at least. I'll have to go listen to Manectric's Japanese voice...

-On the other hand, Ampharos's seems delightfully simple. I never did see it's debut episode and I'm not sure if that was its Japanese voice, but it was good.

-Team Rocket said something after Torkoal Smogged them, to the effect of who would want to capture it. Eh, what? The tried to capture Flannerys... Comedic denial perhaps?

-Both battles were very good.

Heracross

Custom User Title
This was a pretty good episode. It had some really nice battles anyway. It was neat to see Wattson again because he was cool, and his rematch with Ash was really good. Ash should have known better than to use Overheat so many times though. It was also cool to see Skitty defeat a fully evolved pokémon, seems like May has been using Skitty a lot more lately. The music was ok, they had some good battle music in there, but since I haven't seen the original I don't know how much they changed it. =/ By the way, did anyone besides me find it strange that in a carnival in the middle of a large city, Ash & co were the only ones there? Oh well.. I thought Torkoal was really funny randomly jumping in and blowing smoke everywhere.XD

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I think they didn't choose Swampert because it's also Water type, which is weak against Electric(despite being part ground...), and you know how whoever does the TCs thinks...(ie. stupidly)

-Tsk, tsk Ash! Didn't you learn ANYTHING about Overheat in your battle with Flannery?
-Manectric used Charge! Nice. Nice to see them using support moves more.
-Torkoal's not going to be a soccer star anytime soon :p
-I don't like Manectric's voice. I liked the electric feel of Electrike's voice better.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
V Faction said:
And yes, we all know Manectric used "the voice". Boo-hoo. Rawr. I would've liked the Synthesizer with that one too at least. I'll have to go listen to Manectric's Japanese voice...
'The voice'? You're not talking about the Absol/Zangoose/Shiftry/New-age Electrode/Swampert/new-age Venusaur/Blastoise voice by any chance are you? If thats the case, then all I can do is shake my head from side to side in silent dissapointment.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Gravy said:
'The voice'? You're not talking about the Absol/Zangoose/Shiftry/New-age Electrode/Swampert/new-age Venusaur/Blastoise voice by any chance are you? If thats the case, then all I can do is shake my head from side to side in silent dissapointment.

That's the one. I was half expecting Manectric to say "Tree!!"

And both Venusaur and Blastoise? Maybe I'm naive, but I still say they have very different voices from "the voice".

Pinky the Mew

I am a master!
I also think it was this trainer's choice thing is not correctly "educating" our begginer's correctly. A few weeks ago they said Seviper is the right choice to use aginst Forretress. ARE THEY EVEN PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO THE GAME!!! Poison type attacks are useless against steel-type Pokemon. And with Forretress being a steel-type, It can learn any rock attacks like Rock Slide (my personal favorite). Which means Seviper will be done dinner in just two turns.

Are these Trainer's Choices shown in Japan?

On the flip side, the battles were brilliant. Brilliant! I will never like Amphoras' Voice but it's nice to see Ash lose in a tight situation such as this. Really puts me on the edge, and I've notice Skitty isn't chasing her tail anymore. May going to be a graet battler!