• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manectric Discussion

310.gif

ALL ABOUT MANECTRIC:

Type: Electric
Abilities: Static/Lightningrod/Minus (hidden)
Stats: 70/75/60/105/60/105

Manectric, at first glance, appears to be outclassed by its Electric brothers Jolteon and Rotom-H. However, Manectric has one ace in the hole that neither of them have: A Fire attack that doesn't cripple it. With Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Hidden Power [Ice], it can achieve perfect coverage on everything besides Lanturn and Rotom-H. However, Rotom-H is UU, and Manectric is RU. Manectric can rough up almost the entire tier.

SETS:

Manectric @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Nature: Modest/Timid (+SAtk, -Atk/+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Switcheroo

(If using Scarf run Modest, and if using Specs run Timid)

Manectric @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Charge Beam
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

OTHER OPTIONS:

Wherever it says HP Ice, you can run HP Grass if you want to hit Quagsire and Rhydon harder.

A Rain Dance set is possible, but it gets outclassed by other Pokemon since his ace in the hole, his Fire attacks, get weakened.

Overall, Manectric hs the power and moves to tear up RU. Try him out, and be pleased with the results.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Added this to the analysis list.

I think you should have put more emphasis on Lightningrod's 5th gen upgrade of raising Special Attack one stage, similar to Motor Drive. This makes it a lot more viable, since you have an immunity and a boost, which means you can also focus on speed. This provides great synergy with Water and Flying pokemon, since you can bait them into an Electric attack and switch with a free boost.

Never really used Manectric. Back in the day I saw it as just another Electric mon, but on my most recent Emerald playthrough I picked one up and it did me well (especially because Crunch was a special move back then). Did try Elektrike when fiddling around with a LC team once though.

Vandslaux

Scarf Manetric is AMAZING.

Steelix? Flamethrower.
Arbok? Thunderbolt.
Durant? Flamethrower.
Braviary? Thunderbolt.
Archeops? Thunderbolt.
Jumpluff? HP Ice.
And more.

This guy checks, like, most of RU.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Yes, he is pretty beast in RU. I actually saw a couople of them in OU. I laughed.

Soperman

The One and Only
when it's counters are taken out.

Every pokemon is good when its counters are taken out. Just saying.
But i digress. Manectric is honestly one of the best RU pokemon out there. Decent base 105 Speed and Sp. Atk, as well as a really nice moveset (by which i mean four excellent attacks) and a really cool ability. He kicks buttox.
I should probably use him in RU.

Swagga09

I've actually seen manetric sweep in OU.

He's good if you know how to use him.