• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manga Endings

Sachiko

...is gone. =(
I didn't see this idea yet. If this is anywhere, please let me know. Hopefully this won't end up like my April Fool's thread!!!

1}How did you think a manga would end? Any manga. How many tankoban (volumes) did you think it would have? Post your thoughts here. Feel free to add humor- you don't have to be serious.

2}Also, you could make up funny, corny endings for a manga! I've got one for Yu- Gi- Oh. Yeah.

Endings are a very delicate subject. A bad ending to a story can make readers feel confused or disappointed. That's why this is such an interesting subject to talk about!!! I'll post my ideas later.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I'm actually suprised that this didn't get any responses yet. ~.O Have people never finish any manga series before?

Meh, might as well handle Monster first.

1) Well, I already knew that Monster would have eighteen volumes since I read it a few years after it ended, so...

I had a few ideas on how it would end, and honestly, all of my ideas as to how it would were far from the truth. Proves to show how amazing Naoki Urasawa is when it comes to suspense and plot twists.

As far as how I felt when it ended... it is personally my favorite ending to any manga series I've read (although, it isn't my favorite ending compared to my two favorite anime series and a few good movies). Everything ultimately comes full circle for the whole thing, and every bit of the last two volumes of [spoil]Johan's suicide[/spoil] was breathtaking. It also includes one of my favorite scenes in any story with [spoil]Johan staring down at a gun raised Tenma as an apocalypticc background is behind them.[/spoil] The final scene itself still remains pleasingly eerie to me, and leaves me in awe.

2) Can't think of any corny or stupid ending to the series, although the scanlators' comments in the credits page got a few chuckles out of me considering the characters that they placed the speech bubbles in. ;D

Sachiko said:
Endings are a very delicate subject. A bad ending to a story can make readers feel confused or disappointed. That's why this is such an interesting subject to talk about!!! I'll post my ideas later.

No, a bad ending will just make you feel the latter. There certainly can be good endings that are ambigious as hell (Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion comes to mind, but some people will disagree with me since I'm an extremely biased fan of it anyway).

An ending that I know I will love when it happens is when Berserk finally ends, because I certainly trust Kentaro Miura enough to bring a great and memorable ending to such an epic series.

for shaman king: Y'know, they could have maybe... FINISHED THE SHAMAN FIGHT? I loved the series from the start, but this just killed it. i really wanted to find out who became shaman king. (I wanted chocolove to win, because he's right, the world needs laughter more than anything)

for pokemon: heck, i wish the series would just END...

for Yu-Gi-Oh- I think that Yami should have his real name presented to him by yugi, only to have jonouchi launch a HUGE FART, killing yugi, and zorc would destroy the world.. the end.

Thats all for now.

Sachiko

...is gone. =(
Pokemon does not need to end, but they need a change!!! I would like to see a romantic relationship develop. Something just needs to happen, other than just battling, contests, Team Rocket being stupid, winning, losing, fillers. Maybe Team Rocket should actually capture Pikachu for once!!! And Ash doesn't have it for a long time!!!! And then, in a dramatic 1- hour special, he gets it back!!! Wow.

Yu- Gi- Oh has 5 episodes left!!! This is terrible... I'm wearing my YGO shirt right now... Also, Kaiba admitted that magic is real!!! One of those things that can only happen at the end of something.

In Hikaru no Go, I want either Sai or Akira to play the Divine Move, Toya Meijin would be sort of okay. If Hikaru plays the Divine move I will be really mad!!! Akira has worked so hard, and Sai can't even rest after he's dead!!!
Not having to do with DM: [SPOIL]I don't want Sai to leave.[/SPOIL] And look, as much as I have made fun of Akira, I really want him to just get really good and BEAT HIKARU (not the messed-up game in volume 4). And I want him to get called a stalker. Just once!!!

Last edited: