• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manga to anime?

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Does anyone else think they should turn pokemon special into a cartoon to rival the current anime series, as i'm sure this would boost its popularity and cauuse viz to remake the G/S/C arc at least.

If it got out of Japan, i mean.

Last edited:

Orangen

Prepare to be pwned.
I dunno... I mean, as much as I love PokéSpecial, I think it should stay a manga. If they do make a new anime, I think it should be an original storyline. PokéSpecial just seems to me like one of those mangas that works better as just a manga.

Sird

Johto native
I still prefer the Manga to remain a Manga. Changing it to an Anime will ruin the feeling and tension.

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
If there were ANY chance of Pokespecial becoming an Anime, they might just make each story arc into an OVA. Since a series that would "rival" the current anime seems to be out of the question.

A 2-Hour OVA for R/G/Y
A 2-Hour OVA for G/S/C
A 2-Hour OVA for R/S/E
(so on, and so forth)

and in all honesty. I like that idea better than making it a series. Since if they make it into a series, it will loose its quality and water it down like they already do to the current anime.

Rex Kamex

Nah, not even if there is a Johto remake in the games. The only good thing I can think of about this is that since the G/S/C series is over with in the manga the anime will not have to drag the series on to try not to catch up with the manga.

Still, the writers would have to do something about the references to the RGB and Yellow series of Special (since they were never in the anime.)

Also, I think OVAs for all of this would be too short.

n@nd0

It's good to b back!
It'll be quite difficult, i mean, anime and pokespecial are two different stories

silverdragonlaura

Go with the current
I think they should make an anime. besides i think the pokemon special will do good as an anime. (PHAMPY 321: Your little pic right there is cool! the one with the Feraligtr!)

I dunno.....
I think it will make a good anime, but what if its translated in english?
wouldn't that be weird (especially since yellow's voice will have to sound like a boy...)

Benny

Johto Master
If there were ANY chance of Pokespecial becoming an Anime, they might just make each story arc into an OVA. Since a series that would "rival" the current anime seems to be out of the question.

A 2-Hour OVA for R/G/Y
A 2-Hour OVA for G/S/C
A 2-Hour OVA for R/S/E
(so on, and so forth)

and in all honesty. I like that idea better than making it a series. Since if they make it into a series, it will loose its quality and water it down like they already do to the current anime.

I agree...I think it's better as a manga and why fix what's not broken?

The OVA idea was an interesting one. They could be some what like the Pokemon Chronicals was in the anime except with the manga characters.

But honestly...I don't think it's going to happen.

Last edited:

~Mist~

revolutionary~
I think I would look forward to that. It would be very interesting to see. I have to see what they'll do with Yellow. I wonder how they'll handle the shippings and the plot... hopefully it could go well. I wouldn't mind it if it became an anime. I doubt it would happen, but there's always hope. =D

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Dvd release only. That wouldn't be competing with the (sucky, cause it does suck now) anime, and they would be able to make it however long/short they deem appropriate to the series.

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
I could dig a DVD-Only release. As long as they don't try to make it into a "rival" series. Cause the more I think about it. if they try to make it into a rival series, they may add some crappy filler sooner or later.

Other than that, I still think the OVA is the best bet, and i'm pretty sure they could barley squeeze each story arc into a 2 hour special.(Since I think 3 hours is too long in general, hell, 2 hours is pushing the limit of an OVA. I think)

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
There are 3 possibilities if an anime is made:

1. If people liked it, then more series will be made and the already cliche plotline will get worse.

2. If people didn't like it, then the manga probably wont even continue.

3. some other crappy choice that i forgot.

Take your pick.

Shiny Rokon

Firstly its not going to happen, secondly if it did, it would be awesome, but it would be hard not to ruin it, they would have to do the art very well, and the story can't be dragged out.