• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

" Manga We Want To See Animated " Poll: Pokemon Special May Get Animated

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a poll going on and people can pick what manga they want animated and Adventures is on it. There's a chance it'll get animated if enough people vote for it. It's run by Anime Japan.

Voting starts Feb 1st and lasts till Feb 11th

Thought I'd let any manga fans know, @shoz999

Link to vote
https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

Images of the 100 manga(Adventures in no73)
https://imgur.com/a/t1dq7or

Maybe this will spice up Pokemon a bit, haven't read Adventures so I don't know if it's good, but it's probably better than the main series.

So ye, vote for it if ya want more Pokemon. It's not like I read the other manga anyway lol

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Can they do that with Pokémon? It's one thing if it's an original manga... But Pokémon is owned by Game Freak and Nintendo; they have the final say on whether or not they approve.

Can they do that with Pokémon? It's one thing if it's an original manga... But Pokémon is owned by Game Freak and Nintendo; they have the final say on whether or not they approve.

No idea, it's up there so I guess it can

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well good luck with that, it's got like... pfft I think at least six or so shoujo-ai titles ahead of it otaku may want over Pokémon. Heck, I seee Hori-san to Miyamura-kun up there and it's got a four-episode OVA (currently, there may be more on the way). I even see Yotsuba&! on that list (low, but still), even though the mangaka himself said he can't see it working out as an anime. If Pokémon Adventures stands a chance at getting an anime, it'll have to go the way of Origins. Colosseum I think can benefit from it more, tbh, but I see something like PokéPark getting adapted into a Pikachu short first before Colosseum ever does.

Personally I want to see more shoujo titles getting adapted, but those tend to have a boatload of episodes and companies don't want to risk losing a profit these days.

Well good luck with that, it's got like... pfft I think at least six or so shoujo-ai titles ahead of it otaku may want over Pokémon. Heck, I seee Hori-san to Miyamura-kun up there and it's got a four-episode OVA (currently, there may be more on the way). I even see Yotsuba&! on that list (low, but still), even though the mangaka himself said he can't see it working out as an anime. If Pokémon Adventures stands a chance at getting an anime, it'll have to go the way of Origins. Colosseum I think can benefit from it more, tbh, but I see something like PokéPark getting adapted into a Pikachu short first before Colosseum ever does.

Personally I want to see more shoujo titles getting adapted, but those tend to have a boatload of episodes and companies don't want to risk losing a profit these days.

Ye, I don't disagree with the low possibility, but it's up there all the same and Pokemon is still pretty big in Japan. I don't know how popular the manga is either.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
A Pokemon Adventures anime that gets the general Pokemon audience to rediscover the older generations in ways they've never imagined before is always worth a shot.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think Pokemon Special would win over so many other series, yet the thought of seeing the Yellow chapter animated does appeal to me since I loved the climactic battle between Yellow and Wataru.

shoz999

A Pokemon Adventures anime done right would be AMAZING! I don't think it's a guaranteed way but it's definitely a step in the right direction! We'd get to see moments like these from the games! It would be a Pokemon fan's dream come true!

fcE2ssK.png
JoHwJPz.png
x0NtZ8d.png
DFGVNMp.jpg

yolitRK.jpg
r785ZNN.jpg
6cupZPr.jpg

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I doubt it will happen but it would be an absolute dream come true!

Really I'd just settle for more Origins/Generation style stuff, those were fantastic and should be done more often

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I doubt it will happen but it would be an absolute dream come true!

Really I'd just settle for more Origins/Generation style stuff, those were fantastic and should be done more often
Generations was fine but Origins was not. Too short and condensed to really feel like anything happened.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
It will be a dream come true if Adventures had a anime. I would like to see Yellow and Emerald.
But it's too late. Sadly, Pokemon anime focuses more on Ash and Pikachu's adventures with TRio medling every episodes, and B2W2 chapters were still on hold.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
isn't this like the third time a poll like this has happened?
It will be a dream come true if Adventures had a anime. I would like to see Yellow and Emerald.
But it's too late. Sadly, Pokemon anime focuses more on Ash and Pikachu's adventures with TRio medling every episodes, and B2W2 chapters were still on hold.
about 8 years too late

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This has been so weird to me. They have realized older fans exist since 2013 with Origins and in 2016 we got Generations but for the most part we are ignored for the kids which is again odd since +13 might very well make up more of the fanbase than kids. I just think they need to throw the kiddy vibe out the window and up the age and vibe a bit. Doing this would not alienate the kids since let's face it we have 5 yr olds playing GTA V so I doubt making Pokemon a bit more mature will do any real damage.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
An RGB manga anime would manage to be a bit more mature and still please genwunners, I hope things go well

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
This has been so weird to me. They have realized older fans exist since 2013 with Origins and in 2016 we got Generations but for the most part we are ignored for the kids which is again odd since +13 might very well make up more of the fanbase than kids. I just think they need to throw the kiddy vibe out the window and up the age and vibe a bit. Doing this would not alienate the kids since let's face it we have 5 yr olds playing GTA V so I doubt making Pokemon a bit more mature will do any real damage.
You know there's real life kids committing murder by the time GTA 3 came out so they had to tone down the gore as the franchise progresses. We don't have such thing in Pokemon, apart kids suffering from epilepsy back in the Porygon episode & thieves assaulting Pokemon Go players.

shoz999

@AznKei @MidnightMelody
I think you guys are mistaking the light-hearted tone for hand-holding and a mature tone with a darker edgier tone. Personally I think Pokemon Adventures is perfect for a Pokemon adaptation having both that whimsical magical light-hearted tone and that mature tone while maintaining a sense of progression with multiple protagonists, kind of like Jo-Jo's Bizarre Adventure actually that also features multiple protagonists, that's more on par with the games. Also who knows? A Pokemon Adventures anime series might even unite all the Pokemon fanbases even more closer than before as it has something for practically every type of Pokemon fan out there.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
A Pokemon Adventures anime series might even unite all the Pokemon fanbases even more closer than before as it has something for practically every type of Pokemon fan out there.
Not really and not Pokemon fans would like it to be animated .

shoz999

Not really and not Pokemon fans would like it to be animated .
I understand if you don't think it has something for every Pokemon fan but why do you think not many Pokemon fans would like it to be animated? I find this opinion particularly strange and even extremely rare and unheard of before because most Pokemon fans I've seen want this to happen to the point it has literally become a meme. Not only that but even a few of the mods here on Serebii.net feel that the topic is so popular it's been done to death and it apparently used to be quite an annoying and repetitive subject back than.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
That is exactly what is my point is .....there are some Pokemon special fan is so toxic about that and i don't like the toxic fanbase as i think them as overgrown brats need to growing up and face reality that Pokemon special manga might be not animated at all

Status
Not open for further replies.