• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manga You Wish Would Be Liscenced

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
What manga do you like that's currently only available in Japanese? I really want to see "Kimi Ni Todoke" liscenced, maybe by Shoujo Beat. The heroine and hero of that manga are so cute, and the facial expressions are so gentle. I also think it's pretty creative. Also, Marie's Music. That manga looks so weird and cool, I really wish I could read it. I don't think it has a very good chance of being translated into English, though I think it is available in French.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Osamu Tezuka's Black Jack. Both the manga and anime need to be licensed. Quickly.

Rave

Banned
What I want to see is some old school Speed Racer.

Zan-chan

Why not?
I would very much like to see the Elfen Lied Manga liscensed in the U.S. I've seen a couple scans around, and it's pretty brutal, that's for sure, so I really don't think that it'll be liscensed anytime soon. Not to mention the anime series is child's play compared to the manga version, or so I've heard.

Osamu Tezuka's Black Jack. Both the manga and anime need to be licensed. Quickly.

Black Jack as been liscensed in US before. I dunno if it's out of print or not but it has been liscense over here in US.

Rave

Banned
Black Jack as been liscensed in US before. I dunno if it's out of print or not but it has been liscense over here in US.

I think I might watch this, since a friend of mine referred this series to me.

Although, I would be interested in seeing the manga series here.

Another series that I'm interested in seeing over here is one of the stories Takeshi Obata illustrated called Ayatsuri Sakon.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet

Viz published two volumes worth of the manga completely out of order in left to right format before saying **** it and leaving the series to die. And I still want Black Jack 21 licensed. That series was delicious win.

LittleRedRodeo

Candy Apple Red
Kosuke Fujishima's You're Under Arrest! needs to be completely liscensed. Dark Horse only translated two volumes, and those were late into the series (I think maybe vol. 17 and 18...?). Oh, and Kozue Amano's Aria! ADV Manga only translated THREE volumes and let the series die. :\

HK

Radiance of Shadows
My manga license wish list? Geez, that would take too much time...

A top ten of sorts:

The World is Mine
Kiichi!!
Nijigahara Holograph
Arigatou
Hanaotoko
The Music of Marie
Witches
Believers
Ping Pong
Solanin

And **** you and your shitty tastes if you can read these manga but don't. (Just kidding. Hugs and kisses for all. Except those with shitty tastes.)

Not to mention the anime series [of Elfen Lied] is child's play compared to the manga version, or so I've heard.

It has a diaper girl who wets herself, more pointless fanservice, rape overtones, generic art (that doesn't even look good), et cetera.

And people think of the anime adaption as "high art" and yet it still maintains the core aspects of the manga. Oh brother...

Viz published two volumes worth of the manga completely out of order in left to right format before saying **** it and leaving the series to die.

Viz has stated that they would like to reprint Adolf and also would like to bring back Black Jack. Vertical has shown interest in Black Jack. Dark Horse has also said that they're looking into other Tezuka properties.

I think it'll be licensed.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
HellKorn said:
Viz has stated that they would like to reprint Adolf and also would like to bring back Black Jack. Vertical has shown interest in Black Jack. Dark Horse has also said that they're looking into other Tezuka properties.

I think it'll be licensed.
This... this makes me very happy. Here's hoping, if anyone does, Dark Horse licenses the series.

Rave

Banned
This... this makes me very happy. Here's hoping, if anyone does, Dark Horse licenses the series.

You know what Aegis? I might support this series if VIZ or the other series decides to bring it out here. =]

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I agree with Black Jack, and I know a little about Parfait Tic. I have chapter of it in Betsuma. Oh, and Aria hasn't been liscenced again, but Tokyopop is publishing the prequel, Aqua, soon. This month actually, I think.

Music of Marie seriously does need to be published. The scans seriously left me hanging. There's this whole secret about Marie, and they left off before it was revealed. I was so mad!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Aegis has already been published here, though I forget by whom. I don't think it was Viz or Tokyopop though.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Oh, and Aria hasn't been liscenced again, but Tokyopop is publishing the prequel, Aqua, soon. This month actually, I think.

Tokyopop has the license for Aria and will be releasing the first volume in... December, if I recal correctly.

And yes, the first volume of Aqua is out tomorrow.

Music of Marie seriously does need to be published. The scans seriously left me hanging. There's this whole secret about Marie, and they left off before it was revealed. I was so mad!

It's an evil cliff-hanger, it is.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Kodomo no Jikan

Though it was licensed by Seven Seas Entertainment, it was cancelled due to the scene between a student and a teacher. Wishes some other company could license this one...

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Tokyopop has the license for Aria and will be releasing the first volume in... December, if I recal correctly.

Really? Where did you hear about the liscence for Aria? ADV was publishing it, a long time ago, but they discontinued it after volume 3. I checked Tokyopop's website, and I didn't see it on the release schedule.

Koroshiya Ichi.

period.

pizzaman

Sarcasm radar broken
Kodomo no Jikan

Though it was licensed by Seven Seas Entertainment, it was cancelled due to the scene between a student and a teacher. Wishes some other company could license this one...
WHAT? Blasphemy... I wanted to see how they handle it in the English version ;_;

LittleRedRodeo

Candy Apple Red
Oh, and Aria hasn't been liscenced again, but Tokyopop is publishing the prequel, Aqua, soon. This month actually, I think.

This news has me ridiculoulsy happy. Wow... I never would have thought I'd ever like Tokyopop again~! :O
WHOO! Thanks so much for telling me, you guys!

Gentleman Skeleton

Come to think of it, not much of Osamu Tezuka's darker work has been published in english. The manga that comes to mind is a little known one called Alabaster. The plot is too complicated for me to even try to explain, but it has something to do with an invisibility ray.