• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mangaeyes and his fakedex

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Your new Poison-type rocks. I love the banana peel on it's head and the slime underneath on the first evolution. However, they don't really look like they would be in a Pokémon game, they look too drawing, not realistic.

mangaeyes

Your new Poison-type rocks. I love the banana peel on it's head and the slime underneath on the first evolution. However, they don't really look like they would be in a Pokémon game, they look too drawing, not realistic.

Thanks! They look too 'drawing'...they are drawings...

mangaeyes

What's it suppose to be? Looks quirky and cool, but seems kinda random.

Well at first it was a junk pokemon that lived in a bin. I then thought about having the bin there and I didn't like the idea. The horn is a banana and the evo has wormy hair. They are just kinda rubbish-monsters without the rubbish lol. ^_^

LeeXD_001

ρяιи¢є σf нαχ
Lovely and beautifully drawn, also I agree a bit random.

Plus I am not Randoxy on a diffrent account, he is my step-brother lol!

mangaeyes

Heres a special to celebrate one year.

scan-33.jpg

If you guys wanna see a battle between 2 fakemon then just ask and if its a popular idea I'll draw it. Also from my sig you may have guessed I'm calling it the Agnam region.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Congratulations on your one year old thread. Happy Birthday!

Oh my, that poison evo is something. Not the prettiest thing around, but of course that's what you where going for I guess. O.O; Umm...anything about that banana peel looking type horn on it's head? Looks like it stuck to him when he was getting out of a compost pile. As a new coloring technique goes, it looks somewhat similar to your usual technique, but maybe I'm not remembering it correctly. Anyway, I like the way you colored this set of fakemon.

alli940

I can see you
oh my god, theese are awesome... i like almost everyone and i especially like the altaria evo. i never liked altaria but now ive seen how cool its evo can be... seriusly great work :D

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Whoa... you're very talented. I LOVE the Banette evo. <3

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
Your drawings are simply beautiful and colorful! Very nice shading.

But I don't like the goldeen preevo since it looks like it was made in paint.

mangaeyes

oh my god, theese are awesome... i like almost everyone and i especially like the altaria evo. i never liked altaria but now ive seen how cool its evo can be... seriusly great work :D
Thank-you. If they're good can you please rate my thread. I wanna get more than a 3 star rating.

Whoa... you're very talented. I LOVE the Banette evo. <3
Thank-you. If they're good then please rate this thread at the top.

Your drawings are simply beautiful and colorful! Very nice shading.

But I don't like the goldeen preevo since it looks like it was made in paint.
Yes I agree. It was done on GIMP but done very badly. If you like them can you rate me the appropriate amount. I'm aiming to beat 3 stars.

Last edited:

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
I've already rated you 5 five stars mate. Anyways I like that rubbish one(that came out wrong) but it's not your best work. Hmm... Try making it look more like an animal that goes rooting through bins. I know! A fox or raccoon! Hope you listen to my cc, seeya!

mangaeyes

Okay guys thanks for the comments but...

If my Fakedex is good then rate it. The rating system is at the top under the page numbers. Give it a rating of 1-5 whichever you think fits this thread.

Also please actually give me Constructive Critisism (CC). Its nice that you like my Fakedex but can you please tell me how I can improve. I want to get better!!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well alot of the evolutions of old Pokemon just seem "bigger", with not really any specific design. Now, not all new evos have a precise theme, but like the Sudowoodo evo is just a large and clumpy Sudowoodo, while the Seaking evo is just...a bigger Seaking. That's not always a bad thing, since I think it works for guys like Tangrowth and inter-gen evos are okay, but I feel some of them could of had a more central design idea.

Also the Shellder, Seel, and Staryu are pretty boring. Most pre-evos usually look pretty different from their evos, not just smaller ones. Bonsly is based on a potted Bonsai, not just a midget Sudowoodo, Mime Jr. draws from a court jester, not a small Mr. Mime. Try to look for an idea about baby seals, or perhaps make the Staryu baby a red jewel with a yellow-star shaped innard?

Also, have you named any of them yet? I always thought the names were a part most Fakedex makers don't seem to think about alot, and instead kinda put it off to the side.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Congrats on your one year thread and the celebrating picture looks great with lots of nice colors.

I like this one as well, the first one looks cute because his eyes look very innocent. I think it looks very much like a banana on their head, that makes it really unique. I've seen a lot of fakemon around lately (Mainly sprites) so this is kinda refreshing.

This makes me think of the water type more than posion but the purple tint gives some sort of poison to it.

For CC, I am not an expert when it comes to CC as good as the fakemon are in this picture it looks overall pretty empty and makes it look like they were lose. Maybe it's just me but I think a background would be great to give it an atmosphere. Even a background color like the one in your one year pic could bring it to life more.

Nevertheless, I like the coloring on this one.

Some little suggestion, have you considered experimenting with different materials? Tissue paper? Beads? leaves? Old materials ect or maybe even paint or felt tips. Certain materials and medias can give an extra or much fuller or vibrant effect, whilst the pencil drawings give a gentle effect.

Now back on your first page of the thread where I see much more of that work. Sorta brings back memories because I remember the Miltank/Taurus Pre-evolution, I can't remember if I commented on this thread the first time or not so apologies for the bad memory.

Now I've seen you've used a range of traditional media including Gimp. Something tells me that the posion one would look really nice with some GIMP effects.

Overall, I must say you have quite a natural style.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
So mangaeyes, if you don't mind I thought of some names for your dudes...although, kinda hard since some of them I dunno what animal they are:

Fire Starters:
Bunburn->Hareheat->Lavalago

Water Starters:
Pseuduck->Platypunch->Pummelpus

Grass Starters:
Rododen->Rodiola->Rodochiton

Steel Dragon Line:
Dragore->Metalliz->Allumigon

Ice-Fighting Penguins:
Penjeune->Penssance

Baby Tauros/Milktank:
Bowhine

Carrot Monsters:
Carimp->Caroteen

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
No offence, but the trash ones make me think of Oscar the Grouch.