1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Mangle the Famous Phrase Above You (Approved By Dramatic Melody)

Discussion in 'Games' started by ShinySandshrew, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ShinySandshrew

ShinySandshrew †God Follower†

Well, it's time for a new game! In this game you will look at the famous phrase that the last person posted and twist it to say something hilarious, wacky or totally unprofound. For example, if the person above me posted "Nothing is more troublesome to wisdom than too much cunning" I would mangle it to say, "Nothing is more troublesome to wisdom than too much root beer." Also, try to include the who said the quote. (Mine was by a guy named Seneca) I won't shoot you if you don't, though.
    [At least not too much.;)]

Rules:

Keep it Clean
    Basically, keep the quotes and how you mess up the previous one clean. That means no cussing whatsoever, extremly violent or lewd content. No mentioning human reproductive organs. No using language that the language filter blocks. No evading the language filter, either. Also, please refrain from including any starred out words. (And no that doesn't mean print them without the stars, either.)

Be Polite
    Don't go ridiculing other people's quotes or responses because you think "thtz soo stoopidz, lol." If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Punishment of Evildoers
    1st Strike: A warning from your's truly that will be posted here in this thread and sent to you via PM.
    2nd strike: Three (3) day ban
    3rd strike: One week ban
    If anyone continues to break the rules after their third strike, they will be reported to....*DUH DUH DUH* THE MODS!

About Infractions
    If you have been given an infraction, your name will be posted in the section marked "Infraction List." Your infraction will expire two (2) weeks after it is issued. If you recieve a subsquent infraction while the previous ones are still on the list, the time left on the previous ones will be removed and the expiration date for all the infractions will be changed to two (2) weeks from the date of issue of the new infraction. If you feel that you have been unfairly infracted, please contact me via PM and we will discuss it. DO NOT post in the thread to say that you don't think that you should have been infracted. PM me! If you post in the thread, you will automatically be infracted for posting your complaint

Infraction List
    One Infraction: N/A
    Two Infractions: N/A
    Three Infractions: N/A

Ban List
    N/A

And if anyone needs some help finding a quote, you can use WikiQuote

Alright! Let's get this :club: started!

My quote: "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country" (Charles E. Weller)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. mattman324

mattman324 aka Shiny_Feraligatr

"Now is the time for all drunk men to come to the aid of their bar."

"Do. Or do not. There is no try." (Yoda, Star Wars 5 (origanally known as 2)

3. surfer treecko

surfer treecko Highly Explosive

Cake, or donut. There is no pie.

Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)

4. Epwna is a Sceptile

Epwna is a Sceptile The epic turnip king

Liquidity is the soul of Economics.

Go ahead, make my day. (Clint Eastwood)

5. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

Go on ahead, lemme eat some hay.

"Despise the enemy strategically, but take him seriously tactically."
    - Mao Tse-Tung

6. rosso1111

rosso1111 Active Member

Despise the enemy drunkedly, but eat him seriously tactically

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
    (Mohandas Ghandi)

7. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

An eye for an iPod is damn rubbish trade.

There are three types of lies:
    Lies.
    Damned Lies.
    Statistics.

8. rosso1111

rosso1111 Active Member

There are 3 types of pies:
    Apple pie
    Key lime pie
    Cake

Peace begins with a smile.
    (Mother Teresa)

9. Heldigunner1

Heldigunner1 lime in the coconut

virginity ends with a smile

The environment is everything that isn't me.
    Albert Einstein

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  10. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

The environment is everything that isn't free

|:

"Dude... we can eat that pig"

- Bill Clinton.

11. ShinySandshrew

Dude...we can beat that pig.

"And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country" (John F. Kennedy)

12. Heldigunner1

Heldigunner1 lime in the coconut

And so my fellow drunks, ask not what you liquor can do for- ask what you can't do with your liquor.

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
    Robert Frost

13. Epwna is a Sceptile

Epwna is a Sceptile The epic turnip king

A community center is a place were they promise you a monkey and give you a goat.

Four score and seven years ago (Abe Lincoln)

14. The 3D RoBot

The 3D RoBot ................!

Poor wh**e with seven peers to go.

They are armed and well trained.-Dwight d Eisenhower.

15. poix_the_yak

poix_the_yak I stay noided

They have arms but no brains.

"Early to bed and early to rise, keeps a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." Ben Franklin

16. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!
    Winston Churchill

17. robincool98

robincool98 I am Iron Man!

We shall rest on the beaches, we shall rest on the landing grounds, we shall rest in the fields and in the streets, we shall rest in the hills; we shall rest until they surrender!

Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.-Forrest Gump

18. ToeyJoey

ToeyJoey Forward...

Mama always said life was like a bag of revels. You never know when you're gonna get coffee.

They think it's all over...it is now! - Kenneth Wolstenholme

19. ShinySandshrew

This is your first warning, The 3D RoBot. Another infraction, and you will be banned for three (3) days. This message will also be sent to you via PM.
    Your infractions will be removed from your "record" after two (2) weeks.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  20. Kaioken555

Kaioken555 Shadow Pokemon FTW

They think it's a zoo... It is a FARM!

The Cake is a lie - Portal