• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Maniac Tunnel

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
On Route 214 in DPPt there was a cave that could form into a tunnel and connect to the Solaceon Ruins if you caught all 26 Unown shapes.

What did you think of this shortcut? Did you bother capturing more Unown to unlock more within this small area in Sinnoh?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I only completed that tunnel in Diamond version, but I never even tried to finish it in my other Shinou based games since it was too much work for very little pay-off. I never even used that tunnel for any purpose in Diamond version despite completing it.

TwilightBlade

I hated how you had to get all the Unowns just so that the digger would finish the tunnel but I did complete that side mission in both Diamond and Pearl after a lot of work. I don't use it as a shortcut because there are wild Geodude and Hippopotas inside that make traveling really annoying. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I don't use it as a shortcut because there are wild Geodude and Hippopotas inside that make traveling really annoying. :p

The shortcut wasn't worth the trouble in all honesty. I only completed the tunnel because I'm the kind of player who enjoys finishing every little event and subplot in the games, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted so much time collecting Unknown. The only bright side to finishing the tunnel was the increased number of wild Hippopotas that could be found.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Never finished it although there's this one item on a ledge at the Solaceon Ruins that can only be reached by using the maniac's tunnel, so I gotta finish that tunnel if I want to get the item.