1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Maniac Tunnel

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Feb 16, 2020.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

On Route 214 in DPPt there was a cave that could form into a tunnel and connect to the Solaceon Ruins if you caught all 26 Unown shapes.

What did you think of this shortcut? Did you bother capturing more Unown to unlock more within this small area in Sinnoh?

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I only completed that tunnel in Diamond version, but I never even tried to finish it in my other Shinou based games since it was too much work for very little pay-off. I never even used that tunnel for any purpose in Diamond version despite completing it.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  3. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I hated how you had to get all the Unowns just so that the digger would finish the tunnel but I did complete that side mission in both Diamond and Pearl after a lot of work. I don't use it as a shortcut because there are wild Geodude and Hippopotas inside that make traveling really annoying. :p

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

The shortcut wasn't worth the trouble in all honesty. I only completed the tunnel because I'm the kind of player who enjoys finishing every little event and subplot in the games, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted so much time collecting Unknown. The only bright side to finishing the tunnel was the increased number of wild Hippopotas that could be found.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  5. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Never finished it although there's this one item on a ledge at the Solaceon Ruins that can only be reached by using the maniac's tunnel, so I gotta finish that tunnel if I want to get the item.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  6. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Well-Known Member

Was there even a point in expanding the cave into a tunnel? With so many wild mons in there I don't think it counts as a short cut. I did finish it in Pearl but I never went through it.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  7. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

It made Hippopotas a bit more common. So that’s a plus.

TwilightBlade likes this.