• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MapleStory Club v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alilatias

Simple Bard
http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1340237

Here's a list of what you can make with the various materials obtained from codes in the iTCG.

Note that the weapons' required level used to be 60, which instantly classified them as godly because they had the stats of the LV 70-80 weapons clean. Now, they just nerfed them by raising their requirement to 70 and tinkering with the stats of some weapons.

The most drastic example (for a weapon) was the claw Dark Hole, whose required ATK used to be 40. The LV 70 version's DEX shot up, and ATK was lowered to 36. Those Leaf Crystal Earrings were probably more drastic - MATK used to be 15, but it got badly nerfed to 3.

Another example is the Andromeda Bow and Void Hunter. I think their ATK used to be 87 for their un-nerfed versions, but now, it's LV 70 form has 83. The only weapon that somewhat benifited from the nerf that I know of was the Sun Spear - ATK rose from 85 to 90.

I'd say the main reason why all of this nerfing happened is because people that constantly play the market began to whine about their scrolled items becoming worthless. Just like how people are whining now about the Stormcaster Gloves (I saw a thread at Sleepywood in which one guy attempted to rally up other people to stop the price of SCG's from falling and inflate the price of WG's once more).

I found the old thread with their original stats before the massive nerf. Damn, and I so wanted to use that Andromeda Bow... Ah, well. At least they kept the SCG's the same.

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1334663

Last edited:

Noodles

Dazzled By The Roses
Patch today. It better be something useful. Like 4th job. Or some place that will make sins leave Dummies. That'd be nice <3

believe me, you will hate 4th job when it's out.. ppl gonna start whining about how hard to get skill book, then 4th job maplers gonna start showing off their skill and they gonna start raiding other ppl map.. ~.~
i rather have world tour area, singapore extension and masteria than 4th job..

Alilatias

Simple Bard
I'm hating the idea of 4th job as well. I see people bandwagoning Archers left and right now, even though chances are the majority of them will never even make it to 4th job in the first place. I can't believe it.

And now, there's even more reason for those fiery Archer VS Hermit debates. Unless if both happen to be in a party.

But hey, that strange Pirate job that I've heard of... Should it make it to Global (and some are speculating that they will get to Global before 4th job), I bet over half of the MS population will bandwagon that entire job in general. >_>

Last edited:

Furizaa

Ah, that's what I figured... lol

I have TCGs though... I used to have like hundreds of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but I stopped collecting those like 4 years ago, thank god xd

Maybe I'll try and buy a stormcaster glove someday though

xSpiritedAwayx

Myspace pic. ;O
Nerf has totally lost it's meaning. :p

Here's a list of what you can make with the various materials obtained from codes in the iTCG.

Note that the weapons' required level used to be 60, which instantly classified them as godly because they had the stats of the LV 70-80 weapons clean. Now, they just nerfed them by raising their requirement to 70 and tinkering with the stats of some weapons.

The most drastic example (for a weapon) was the claw Dark Hole, whose required ATK used to be 40. The LV 70 version's DEX shot up, and ATK was lowered to 36. Those Leaf Crystal Earrings were probably more drastic - MATK used to be 15, but it got badly nerfed to 3.

Another example is the Andromeda Bow and Void Hunter. I think their ATK used to be 87 for their un-nerfed versions, but now, it's LV 70 form has 83. The only weapon that somewhat benifited from the nerf that I know of was the Sun Spear - ATK rose from 85 to 90.

I'd say the main reason why all of this nerfing happened is because people that constantly play the market began to whine about their scrolled items becoming worthless. Just like how people are whining now about the Stormcaster Gloves (I saw a thread at Sleepywood in which one guy attempted to rally up other people to stop the price of SCG's from falling and inflate the price of WG's once more).

I found the old thread with their original stats before the massive nerf. Damn, and I so wanted to use that Andromeda Bow... Ah, well. At least they kept the SCG's the same.

On a good note, I made 5mil off a 90 attack clean Angelic Betrayal that I bought for 1mil. :D

Board.aspx

Yummy free maple points. :3

Last edited:

BlazeShadow

Hm, is it anyone except for me here that plays on MapleEurope?

Noodles

Dazzled By The Roses
i would love to play MapleEurope with you but sooner or later they will probably block my ip, so it's gonna be a waste of time if i do that..

I'm hating the idea of 4th job as well. I see people bandwagoning Archers left and right now, even though chances are the majority of them will never even make it to 4th job in the first place. I can't believe it.

And now, there's even more reason for those fiery Archer VS Hermit debates. Unless if both happen to be in a party.

But hey, that strange Pirate job that I've heard of... Should it make it to Global (and some are speculating that they will get to Global before 4th job), I bet over half of the MS population will bandwagon that entire job in general. >_>

there's a sudden increasement for the archer class in mapleSEA right now and it's happening bcoz of 4th job.. <.<

i dunno why ppl still bandwagoning bowman when they know hermit is better during 4th job (no offence).. triple throw + shadow partner is proven faster than storm of arrow, avenger is a better mobbing skill compare to rain, ninja storm help to create space for nightlord to throw their stars and soul javelin really help reduce stars consumption..

Last edited:
I hate you. Do you know how long it will take me just to get the Sirius Cloak? Then there's the Void Hunter, which noone even has yet. D@mn iTCG items so expensive.

siriuslybs1.png

:D

i dunno why ppl still bandwagoning bowman when they know hermit is better during 4th job (no offence).. triple throw + shadow partner is proven faster than storm of arrow, avenger is a better mobbing skill compare to rain, ninja storm help to create space for nightlord to throw their stars and soul javelin really help reduce stars consumption..

Soul javelin is only effective when used on boss training, since otherwise, the stars you use to turn it on are generally more than you can use in the time it lasts. I don't see how you can compare avenger and rain, especially when they do COMPLETELY different things, and archers get better mob skills in 4th job... with adv. bow mastery, sharp eyes, and concentrate, hermits come nowhere close to the power of 4th job archers.

And I AM a hermit. -.-

Noodles

Dazzled By The Roses
Soul javelin is only effective when used on boss training, since otherwise, the stars you use to turn it on are generally more than you can use in the time it lasts. I don't see how you can compare avenger and rain, especially when they do COMPLETELY different things, and archers get better mob skills in 4th job... with adv. bow mastery, sharp eyes, and concentrate, hermits come nowhere close to the power of 4th job archers.

And I AM a hermit. -.-

soul javelin IS useful during training, triple throw consume 3 stars + shadow partner = 6 stars every atk. and nightlord will attack every single second while training, that mean 6 stars per second.. in 2 minutes, the nightlord will use around 720 stars but with soul javelin he/she will only use 200 stars for 2 min, that mean you already save around 520 stars.. avenger and rain both are AOE skill, so i dont see any difference between them and the only mobbing skill that bowmaster will get is dragon pulse which have lower attack than avenger.. yea adv. mastery and concentrate give extra dmg, but the dmg calculation between bow and claw is different and claw calculation is better than bow, and lucky 7/triple throw calculation is better than strafe/SOA.. ok, let's see in term of pot consumption, triple throw use 20 MP per atk, while SOA use 9 MP per arrow.. TT = 3 stars 20MP, that mean if SOA shot 3 arrow = 27MP, bowman still lose in term of pot consumption..

and I HAVE a ranger in aquila.. (lvl 72 only <.<)
i admit that we still lose to hermit in 4th job..

Furizaa

I shoud get a Sirius Cloak and scroll it with White Scrolls and 10% cape STR lol >_> I'm tired of my failed 9 STR Goblin Cape >_>

Woo, ms tomorrow! :eek:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok, both Danny and Noodles said they loose to each other xD. Pretty funny. And I don't think I'll be participating in any of these quests. It'll be a good opportunity to train. And here's the patch info, since no one posted it.

Greetings, Maplers!
MapleStory Client ver. 0.47 is now live!

Thank heavens for Thanksgiving!

MapleStory's annual celebration commences--this time with a bit of a twist. This year's event includes the Thanksgiving Drop, our
all-new Turkey Commandos, and as a way to say "Thank you" to our player base, every user in MapleStory can receive free
Maple Points via an in-game quest!

Help Mom and Dad out with Thanksgiving, receive your Allowance and take it to any Store vendor in Henesys, Amoria and New Leaf City
to receive a 100 or 250 point Nexon Game Card. This event will run for the entire month, and the cards will turn into Maple Points
at the end of the event. Stop by Mom and Dad in Henesys to start the quest!

Grandma Benson has started her annual Pie Drive! Stop by and start making those Pumpkin Pies!
Guilds! It's time to hunt for pie! The Guild with the most Pumpkin Pies will receive Maple Points!

For Web events this month, we have a Thanksgiving Poem contest, where 5 lucky users will have their poem immortalized with a custom
Poster! We also have our MapleStory-themed Thanksgiving Dinner/Dessert contest! Check out the website for more details!

(And where did those Commandos come from? Perhaps Professor Foxwit has an answer...)

Below is a brief overview of what’s in store:

< New Quests >

- Pumpkin Pie Quest
- Pumpkin Pie Guild QUest
- Dinner Fixin's
- Game On!

< Monsters >

- Turkey Commando

< Item >

- Chief Axe
- Mashed Potato
- Pilgrim Hat
- Corn
- Pumpkin
- Pie Crust
- Allowance
- Nexon Game Card: 100 Points
- Nexon Game Card: 250 Points

...and much more!

< Cash Item >

- Dragon Armor (Dragon Pet Equip)
- Forked Turkey
- Flaming Marshmallow
- Jr. Reaper sign (Pet Equip)
- My Buddy Max
- Chicken Smackaroo
- Baby Turkey Carriage (Pet Equip)

...and much more!

check out the Cash Shop!

Enjoy the new content for MapleStory! Happy Mapling!

- The MapleStory Staff -

soul javelin IS useful during training, triple throw consume 3 stars + shadow partner = 6 stars every atk. and nightlord will attack every single second while training, that mean 6 stars per second.. in 2 minutes, the nightlord will use around 720 stars but with soul javelin he/she will only use 200 stars for 2 min, that mean you already save around 520 stars.. avenger and rain both are AOE skill, so i dont see any difference between them and the only mobbing skill that bowmaster will get is dragon pulse which have lower attack than avenger.. yea adv. mastery and concentrate give extra dmg, but the dmg calculation between bow and claw is different and claw calculation is better than bow, and lucky 7/triple throw calculation is better than strafe/SOA.. ok, let's see in term of pot consumption, triple throw use 20 MP per atk, while SOA use 9 MP per arrow.. TT = 3 stars 20MP, that mean if SOA shot 3 arrow = 27MP, bowman still lose in term of pot consumption..

and I HAVE a ranger in aquila.. (lvl 72 only <.<)
i admit that we still lose to hermit in 4th job..

Avenger and rain are completely different. Avenger fires in a straight line and hits everything in front of you, while rain works like lightning on an ice mage, it hits the monsters around you. Dragon pulse is a little weaker than avenger, but it also pushes back monsters 100% of the time... I'd much rather be doing that. And if you had a hermit, you'd soon realize that you aren't attacking EVERY SINGLE SECOND while you're training, except, as I said, while you're bossing. It makes a big difference.

Your pot consumption looks right... oh wait, you forgot one thing. Shadow partner. The summoning rock used every 3 minutes easily makes up for the meager amounts of money saved between SoA and TT.

Alilatias

Simple Bard
Hahaha, I did say 'nerf' quite a lot, huh? ****. >_<

...And here is my stupid attempt to act as a mediator in this little argument, although chances are I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. >_>

yea adv. mastery and concentrate give extra dmg

Last time I checked, adv. mastery gives passive Weapon Attack as well. +10 if maxed. Concentrate also halves MP usage. Useless against monsters that dispell often though, because of the cooldown time.

Night Lords can still jumpshoot. Bow Masters have to stay pinned down to one particular spot in order to use SoA to its full extent. SoA also has a start-up time, but last time I checked, SoA is faster than TT.

You have to worry about Soul Javelin though. Will you throw 100+ stars per minute to make use of the inital 200 that you lose? Against bosses where you will usually just be spamming the TT command, you most likely will. Training? Depends. If you're going to KS someone out of your map, chances are you're going to spam stars like a mofo and won't even care if your stars hit thin air if you use Soul Javelin.

Night Lords get a skill that pushes back monsters as well. I forget what it was called, but I saw it in action in a video. Basically looks like ninjas surrounding the Night Lord and blowing monsters in both directions away.

I envy the Crossbow Masters though. Even though I had already chosen to become a Ranger from the very start (and later on, Bow Master, I didn't know anything about 4th job when I first started), that Blizzard and their eventual Ice Eagle summon is starting to make me want to switch over. And Pierce... Massive mob control right there...

Okay, chances are, I don't know **** about what I'm trying to say, so ignore me if you need to. >_<

EDIT: Danny, is that character in your sig using a Sun Spear? If that is, my cousin's jaw will definitely drop. That's one awesome-looking spear right there.

Last edited:

Valkyrie X

Hmmm...I lost count on how long it's been since I last leveled my bandit, lawlz. *probably never gonna train it again*

I lovelovelove the new CS red top and jeans, though. I'd get NX just for them if I really cared anymore. :p

Danny, change that sun spear in your sig to a holy messenger you infidel. :(

EDIT: :D

Last edited:

xSpiritedAwayx

Myspace pic. ;O
gachapwnkj3.jpg

I got the hair I wanted on first try.
Also got 2 gach tickets just because, and got 2 good scrolls.
Today=Win.
:D Also sent my friend a Water of Life to revive her pet. I want to APQ really bad so I might marry in MS. Even though I'm totally not up for the Maple GF thing, I'll just marry one of my friends who want APQ also. :p

Event=Phail
You can only get maple points once a day. Totally gay. I'll just stick to buying it...
The only Quest I'm doing is the Pie one. My guild has 1.2k pies so far. :]

Laugh out loud at the 4th job conversation.
Everyone knows Bowmaster>NightRoad.

Furizaa

Psh, everyone knows Paladins are the best! :eek:

Lawl, I'm going back homelater today :eek: Excited! I wont get home till late though, so I'll probably wind up being till midnight just trying to patch my ms >_>

Furizaa

Lol well I'm sitting in the airport on their wireless internet, and it looks like I'm right xd

New York has the shittiest airports ever cause they never have flights on time >:O Looks like I wont be getting home till like midnight.. xd

Dummy

Shine Now!
Haven't been playing maplestory that much. Mainly because of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.