• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 10th: MPM09 - The Rocket Gang's Counterattack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingertail24

I just said they sound like a sanctimonious ass in that, not that they are. Though, I accidentally saw some of their other Twitter posts and...well, not a ringing endorsement.
Yeah I agree. I'm tired of hearing " you just want MPM to be shounen/fan service"

Everytime someone doesn't like the direction of the show. Yes we get it, MPM isn't some complex series to figure out. But it's freaking boring for some as Ash last romp

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think the point is it isn't really Ash's finale in the eyes of the executives
It's more an epilogue to the end of the journey as Ash's time as a main character
I feel there's a major difference with it

Again, I honestly do think MPM isn't flawed in its conception or what it wants to do, it FITS Ash as a character and I argued as much in the first episode thread of MPM when we didn't have much info and people were arguing against me.
It's just that not having the Pokemon master question propped at the start so the theme is more clear rather than being inferred from context and meta stuff such as Ash leaving after this and the Gary segment in the trailer and marketing information was a wrong step

And MPM is pretty unbased to also not give better closure to some other companions

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah I agree. I'm tired of hearing " you just want MPM to be shounen/fan service"

Everytime someone doesn't like the direction of the show. Yes we get it, MPM isn't some complex series to figure out. But it's freaking boring for some as Ash last romp
Yeah it's really weird to downplay criticism to just "You want Pokémon to be some shounen". Like I'm sure everyone has at least half joked about this series ending with an "Ash was a PM by bonding with all types of Pokémon" ending since its announcement. I don't really care either way but it's a disingenuous argument.

UnovaMaster

I think the point is it isn't really Ash's finale in the eyes of the executives
It's more an epilogue to the end of the journey as Ash's time as a main character
I feel there's a major difference with it

Again, I honestly do think MPM isn't flawed in its conception or what it wants to do, it FITS Ash as a character and I argued as much in the first episode thread of MPM when we didn't have much info and people were arguing against me.
It's just that not having the Pokemon master question propped at the start so the theme is more clear rather than being inferred from context and meta stuff such as Ash leaving after this and the Gary segment in the trailer and marketing information was a wrong step

And MPM is pretty unbased to also not give better closure to some other companions

More than a little crazy to want the 25 year kind of build-up for the contest girls, there was no way to write them contest arcs on top of the PWC, sorry but not gonna call it unbased that the priorities were focused on only giving special attention to characters that HADN'T returned yet

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
More than a little crazy to want the 25 year kind of build-up for the contest girls, there was no way to write them contest arcs on top of the PWC, sorry but not gonna call it unbased that the priorities were focused on only giving special attention to characters that HADN'T returned yet
Stop being obtuse, I'm not even asking for an arc. ONE episode would have been enough. There's no reason Dawn and May aren't top coordinators yet

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Stop being obtuse, I'm not even asking for an arc. ONE episode would have been enough. There's no reason Dawn and May aren't top coordinators yet
To be fair, we don’t know if May is one or not. But we know that she has been successful

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
So who is it going to be? Arbok Weezing, Cacnea,, Seviper, Yanmega, Mime Jr,Chimecho, Morpeko, Carnivine, Woobat,Yamask, Frillish, Amoongus, Victrebell, Inkay, Gourgeist, Mimikyu,Mareanie,Lickitung,Dustox? All of them?

Team Rocket vs Ash and Pikachu - The final encounter

Handicap match - Team Rocket carrer is on the line

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Probably all the ones that haven't been released; Seviper, Yanmega, Mime Jr, Gourgeist, Carnivine, Inkay, Morpeko, maybe their Unova Pokemon too.
Morpeko's already with them.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Sounds like something that really should’ve been a 2 parter but I know how vital that banette episode is so it’s understandable. I fully expect them to get one attack off each before being one shotted, hopefully Ash uses all his on hand reserves to match TR’s in a big brawl along with Misty and Brock

Mime Jr. isn't with headquarters.
…..yes he is?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Weird for them to leave out the reunion part, unless the Pokémon they get is a combination of their old and Gacha Pokémon.

They're probably both trunctated versions of a longer summary we don't have yet, these things usually are. The first one left out the "from HQ" part.

Status
Not open for further replies.