• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 10th: MPM09 - The Rocket Gang's Counterattack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The Pokémon the Rocket Gang got in all kinds of places have been sent to Musashi and the others. And the Rocket Gang, overjoyed at seeing their old companions again, launch a plan for getting Pikachu that puts absolutely everything on the line.

----

After receiving the Pokémon got in all kinds of regions from the Rocket Gang HQ, Musashi and the others prepare to start a plan for getting Pikachu that puts absolutely everything on the line.

----

Delibird has come to Musashi, Kojiro, Nyarth and Sonansu from the Rocket Gang HQ to deliver the Pokémon the Rocket Gang got in all kinds of regions! Overjoyed at seeing their old companions again, they launch a plan for getting Pikachu that puts absolutely everything they have on the line.

----

In the next episode of the Pokemon anime, Satoshi reunites with the Latias he rescued earlier... but it's been hurt! What could have happened?!

----

The Rocket Gang receive a delivery from their boss Sakaki; The Pokémon Musashi and the others had left in his care in the past. They interpret this as him having extremely high hopes for them, and launch a plan for getting Pikachu the likes of which we've never seen before.

----

Comment from Kunihiko Yuyama:
"For this episode I wanted to bring the Rocket Gang's Pokémon back. There's lots of things about the Rocket Gang that are shrouded in mystery, like what Musashi and the others' current standing IS, and why their Pokémon are being returned NOW... And the episode has some breakup-related drama again too (laughs). I guess this kind of slapstick and mystery is pretty inherent to the Rocket Gang, huh?"

POKEMON CHECKLIST:
*Pikachu
*Delibird
*Latias
*Nyarth
*Sonansu
*Megayanma
*Habunake
*Koromori
*Pumpjin
*Pururill
*Manene
*Desumasu
*Maaiika
*Morobareru
*Muskippa
*Morpeko
*Matadogas
*Arbok
*Utsubot
*Dokucale
*Beroringa
*Chirean
*Sabonea
*Hidoide
*Mimikkyu
*Gureggru
*Runpappa
*Hitodeman
*Koduck
*Goukazaru
*Luchabull
*Namakero
*Latios

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

The title is presumably a reference to Char's Counterattack.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Nice. If the trio actually do succeed in taking Pikachu to HQ, this could be a two parter.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I really think that this could be the moment that Jessie, James, and Meowth leave Team Rocket, or at least setting up for it to happen at the end. I doubt that we're getting anything like some Ash vs Giovanni battle. I think instead, we'll get callbacks to the Butch/Cassidy and radio show episodes. Granted, it's always possible they just stay with the organization.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I think I stated my prediction in another thread. This feels like it could be the first part of a 2-parter where TRIO actually succeeds in stealing Pikachu and ends on a cliffhanger.

MPM10 would then close out this story with either Ash taking on the entire Team Rocket organization (and a possibly brainwashed Pikachu complete with an “I know your in there somewhere” battle) to get him back or TRIO stealing him back to return him to Ash for some reason. Not sure which way I’m leaning towards yet.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh my God a Pikachu episode and a TR episode, thank God this **** is ending cuz these writers need to be stopped smh. Bring on the new girl already!!!

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Oh my God a Pikachu episode and a TR episode, thank God this **** is ending cuz these writers need to be stopped smh. Bring on the new girl already!!!
Do you really think that will make things better?

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Maybe this is a rehash of when the trio gave their boss Togepi and got yelled at by him (except this time with Pikachu and he fires them for wasting his time and money for all these years)
This time it's a world champion Pikachu

Maybe Giovanni dismisses it as nothing, and then TRio quit after realizing all their efforts were for nothing, only for Giovanni to see Pikachu's power first hand and realizing he ****ed up?

UnovaMaster

Maybe this is a rehash of when the trio gave their boss Togepi and got yelled at by him (except this time with Pikachu and he fires them for wasting his time and money for all these years)

This scene is why Meowth fantasies were born, so they'd have an explanation ready

Pteranodonte

Who is considered a useful character?
I don't know, all the releases that deserved a proper goodbye (Pidgeot in primis since is the only one that hasn't showed up since his last appearance), the reserves that needed some time to shine (Torterra, Unfezant, Boldore, Palpitoad, Torkoal...) and so on.
We have seen enough of TR in the past 25 years, same with Pikachu. Just have a special on them, but don't waste episodes of an arc dedicated to Ash and ALL of his mons on things we already saw 1000 times.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Do you really think that will make things better?
Yep because two of the things I dislike most about the show will hopefully be gone lol.

TR are useless and I'm sick of Pikachu hogging all the attention so yes, the show would be vastly improved without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.