• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 10th: MPM09 - The Rocket Gang's Counterattack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
By now, it looks like they picked up a bunch of unused JN scripts and slapped into a short show until PM 2023 first episodes are done.

Episodes involving Misty, Brock and Cilan that could have happened in JN, but having Misty & Brock as main companions instead Go. I think the only change was the addition of latias as a recurring 'mon and have Ash rotating his reserves.

I don’t hate it, but, it's boring, at best. MPM 01 was good enough and MPM 04 made me appreciate beartic more.

DatsRight

If this is their idea of a good ending for Ash, then they did him really dirty. Again i wasn’t expecting a battle or anything but for it being a culmination of Ash’s journey’s, Id expect alot of returns of previous companions & Pokemon that have not returned. Butterfree briefly returned before the start of MPM, Squirtle in Episode 5, & Lapras in Episode 7. Aside from Misty & Brock, Cilan got to reappear but in Brock’s return episode. Ash’s previous Pokemon seemed to reappear in rotation each episode but only 4 at a time(5 including Pikachu) but in episode 3’s case, it was just Pikachu. Episode 5 just had the 3 Kanto mons. Episode 6 may have more aside from Pikachu & Snivy. Episode 7 may take place mostly in the ocean/sea, so maybe just water types but Squirtle, Corphish, Oshawott, & Buizel appeared already so the only ones to appear is Palpitoad, Kingler, & Dracovish.

Idk how anyone is defending this 11-episode epilogue of Ash when its had nothing of value aside from the first 3 episodes & even episode 1 wasn’t too eventful(Latias? who gives a f$#%). Anothsr one regarding a Beartic. The Squirtle one being nostalgia bait & our “trustworthy” leaker saying something of significance happens in the Squirtle Episode. Another PikaxMeowth episode like it needed to be done again. Lapras returning, and then another Team Rocket episode, as if they had taken enough screentime already. Then we have a Banette Episode which why the hell couldn’t it have been a Journey’s episode & give Gengar some moments in the episode??

What’s episode 10 about? Another random PotD? Of all the Pokemon to return & nothing from Pidgeot, Primeape & Ambipom? Idk who they are catering with this series but if its the fandom that stuck with the series since the beginning, then what a disgrace of a series, so far, not a fan.
There's also the fact that throughout the entire show it was never JUST about Ash and his squad. Yeah it's nice we're getting some returns, but it doesn't quite work as THE curtain call for everything the original anime has built and developed over the years. Misty and Brock are still kind of supporting characters rather than getting a lot of culmination themselves through this premise (if at least not Johto level props anymore), and Team Rocket, who were by Shudo's own admission practically THE REAL STARS originally, are doing their usual formula every now and again rather than getting character limelight of their own. Even if this DOES end up some neat final song and dance for the TRio it doesn't excuse them getting practically NOTHING since SM ended until the last two episodes.

I don't think it's bad considering many shows don't even get something like this sort of call back and just sort of switch to a new premise and cast without much fanfare, but as something hyped as one last big nostalgia treat for the classic series, it feels kinda one note. Again would have worked as a recurring thing, like a few Chronicles-esque specials we got spread throughout the new series as a hark back to the old formula, but not as some hyped 'grand finale'.

Last edited:

Quinton

Writer at TheGamer, RPG Site, Nova Crystallis
I'm enjoying it for what it is - a final helping of the original anime. It isn't hitting any especially high marks thus far, but it's far from the nadir.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So my dream which will not happen is all of Ash released Pokemon aid Ash vs Giovanni: G-max Butterfree and Lapras, Mega Pidgeot and Tyranitar, Z-move Naganadel and Solgaleo, Ash-Greninja, Primeape evolving into Annihilape and Goodra going some strange process turning it into its Hisuian variant:-D
I know - one can dream.

Pteranodonte

If this is their idea of a good ending for Ash, then they did him really dirty. Again i wasn’t expecting a battle or anything but for it being a culmination of Ash’s journey’s, Id expect alot of returns of previous companions & Pokemon that have not returned. Butterfree briefly returned before the start of MPM, Squirtle in Episode 5, & Lapras in Episode 7. Aside from Misty & Brock, Cilan got to reappear but in Brock’s return episode. Ash’s previous Pokemon seemed to reappear in rotation each episode but only 4 at a time(5 including Pikachu) but in episode 3’s case, it was just Pikachu. Episode 5 just had the 3 Kanto mons. Episode 6 may have more aside from Pikachu & Snivy. Episode 7 may take place mostly in the ocean/sea, so maybe just water types but Squirtle, Corphish, Oshawott, & Buizel appeared already so the only ones to appear is Palpitoad, Kingler, & Dracovish.

Idk how anyone is defending this 11-episode epilogue of Ash when its had nothing of value aside from the first 3 episodes & even episode 1 wasn’t too eventful(Latias? who gives a f$#%). Anothsr one regarding a Beartic. The Squirtle one being nostalgia bait & our “trustworthy” leaker saying something of significance happens in the Squirtle Episode. Another PikaxMeowth episode like it needed to be done again. Lapras returning, and then another Team Rocket episode, as if they had taken enough screentime already. Then we have a Banette Episode which why the hell couldn’t it have been a Journey’s episode & give Gengar some moments in the episode??

What’s episode 10 about? Another random PotD? Of all the Pokemon to return & nothing from Pidgeot, Primeape & Ambipom? Idk who they are catering with this series but if its the fandom that stuck with the series since the beginning, then what a disgrace of a series, so far, not a fan.
Exactly.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I really hope that Ash feels into Pikachu and is fried alive with a thunderbolt that makes him have a Hearth attack and the counterattack would be Team Rocket dancing on his grave

What? If the guy that used to do this is gone someone will have to fill the big shoes he left.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I just want TR to be written out “well”.. like give them goals after TR disbands or whatever. Like they still travel together, but James goes the gym route since he cares enough about his Pokémon to be a good trainer, then Jessie goes the showcase route because she was really into contests. Allow them to take their deposited Pokémon back from HQ and do something good with their lives..

Granted, they’ll probably either last be seen blasting off again or working on a stand selling their usual trash or something, but it would be so much better to see them actually get their final bit of development before heading out the door..

Blood Red

【推しの子】

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Partly unrelated, but I have no clue why they sound like such a sanctimonious ass right there; almost like the people complaining don't get what this series is 'about'.

We get it, we just don't think it's particularly good as a concept, or well-executed.
They're just giving their take. No need to be mean about it

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Maybe this will have some kind of meaning in the last episode.

The one who Ash will bond here I think they might be.... Jessie James and Meowth.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Maybe this will have some kind of meaning in the last episode.

The one who Ash will bond here I think they might be.... Jessie James and Meowth.
Someone joked about it earlier but I actually wouldn't mind if the miniseries concluded with the TRio joining Ash and Pikachu on an adventure if they leave behind the organization.

Would be a good bookends to them starting as enemies and ending as budding friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.