• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 10th: MPM09 - The Rocket Gang's Counterattack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

Burp and Cassidy quit and they're doing good. But, again, Giovanni apparently had a soft spot for them, so he's probably more lenient with productive Rocket members who decide to quit.

I mean, Beef and Cassidy were marginally better than Jessie and James, anyway.
Unlike B**** and Cassidy, the TRio actually saved Giovanni’s life. Not to mention Brian and Cassidy lost to Tracey of all people, they deserved to get fired way more than anyone else.

Red and Blue

Last edited:

DatsRight

One does not merely get fired from the mafia.
I mean they make a point that Giovanni already FORGOT ALL ABOUT THEM before. I'm tempted to think only Matori is pushing to keep track of them and make sure they contribute something to the organization.

Possibility; if this IS the end of the old canon, maybe it's not just TRio leaving, but Giovanni as well, retiring just like he did in the original game.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I mean they make a point that Giovanni already FORGOT ALL ABOUT THEM before. I'm tempted to think only Matori is pushing to keep track of them and make sure they contribute something to the organization.

Possibility; if this IS the end of the old canon, maybe it's not just TRio leaving, but Giovanni as well, retiring just like he did in the original game.
I guess if 2023 isn't an AU that'd be a nice way to introduce the HGSS admins

Red and Blue

Wonder if they'll find out they got fired or if they still decide to quit on their own? I'm still kind of hoping for the latter.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They finally got fired, didn't they.
>They interpret this as him having extremely high hopes for them

In actuality, that's probably his way of saying "You're Fired".
Lol it's so funny to imagine Giovanni being so nice that he fires Mafia members but returns their Pokemon to them LMAO
Giovanni better boss than Elon Musk fr fr

Also, the new issue of Animedia has a lengthy feature where Yuyama runs through all the episodes of the series that have aired so far, PLUS this one, offering short comments on them. Here's Yuyama's commentary on the episode:

The article also has a checklist of all the Pokemon appearing in each episode of the series, which once again includes this one. So here's all the Pokemon we'll get to see this Friday:
Okay this list of Pokemon makes me SO HAPPY
Brock's Ludicolo returning? FINALLY (All i need now is his Crobat and I'm a happy man)
TR's old mons too? Let's go it wouldn't have felt proper to not see flashbacks or TR pondering on them!!

And yea looks like TR got fired lol

Observer

Mostly watching
One does not merely get fired from the mafia.

Of course not, what's going to happen is that Giovanni will invite them to his lake house to do some early morning fishing as part of a reward for their years of service.

They arrive there the next morning and Giovanni is waiting for them with a Rocket Grunt getting the boat ready, he tells TRio that he'll be waiting for them when they return and then nods to the grunt who operates the boat.

As they reach the center of the lake TRio talks about how fortunate they are for their hard work paying off. They begin to say their motto completely unaware of the grunt looming over them.

We then cut back to Giovanni watching all of this unfold from his lake house as we hear several shots fired from off screen.

Espeonite

Of course not, what's going to happen is that Giovanni will invite them to his lake house to do some early morning fishing as part of a reward for their years of service.

They arrive there the next morning and Giovanni is waiting for them with a Rocket Grunt getting the boat ready, he tells TRio that he'll be waiting for them when they return and then nods to the grunt who operates the boat.

As they reach the center of the lake TRio talks about how fortunate they are for their hard work paying off. They begin to say their motto completely unaware of the grunt looming over them.

We then cut back to Giovanni watching all of this unfold from his lake house as we hear several shots fired from off screen.

Now this I would like to see.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
If they are fired, I wonder what comes next.

Back to podcasting? Join a police agency working to defeat criminals? Maybe they rat out Giovanni and the TR organization at the end, leading to an arrest?

UnovaMaster

They've amassed too much goodwill, I don't think this decision is about them at all, Giovanni just does not have the space anymore to house their offerings

It's fitting that after climactic showdown after climactic showdown, that an evil team dies from a whimper of just having pathetic leadership

I'm curious to see if the twerps will get let in on the knowledge that their world just got a lot less criminal

RetroPokeFan

Well, that recent summary kinda has me flustered a little (in a good feeling way).

On the one hand, it sounds like Giovanni's going to potentially (and I do mean potentially in big bold letters) give the TRio the boot for good while they don't realise this for most of the episode. And that's gotta be a giant kick in the nuts for them especially from their once loved "Boss."

On the other hand though, it means that they're finally free from his grasp and that they can do whatever they want now like heading back to Alola to sell malasadas and food or becoming radio hosts or whatever they plan on doing next.

Status
Not open for further replies.