• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 10th: SM112 - A New Species Has Been Discovered! I Got a Meltan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and the others have asked Professor Okido to research. The result of his research is confirmation that the mysterious lifeform is a new species of Pokémon, which gets named "Meltan". However, trouble arises when the Rocket Gang immediately get very close to capturing Meltan.

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 村田理 (Osamu Murata)
Animation Director 安田周平 (Shuhei Yasuda)

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The "I got it!" is a quite interesting part. Dephender, does the original titles uses Ash's catchphrase (Getto Daze)?

Depending it might be that Ash catches Meltan in a similar way he's gotten Poipole or might be misleading.

As for right now, I'm going with option one although the title kind of made Meltan being caught by Ash more likely to me.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Meltan honestly is so bland I have no clue why it has to have the word, “mythical” slapped on it for any reason other than marketing? Then again it probably was designed that way to appeal to Kanto pandering with it being so simple and Gen 1-esque. But yeah I could see Satoshi getting it since it gives a potential Steelium-Z usage outside of Pikachu’s Iron Tail and it gives some cross promotion to Let’s Go Pee and GO for casuals. It’s a mythical but it honestly doesn’t seem special lore wise in anyway. Plus I guess the electric-steel motif works with Pikachu too?

Satoshi seems like the only option here since Mamane’s bug just evolved and I’m not sure if they would hype a Kukui, Burnet, Mullein or Sauboh capture at all. Other than that I don’t feel like Meltan would suit anyone else. Maybe Lillie? But she already has her Icium-Z thing to deal with. Lusamine? Probably not either.

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I got a meltan?! Seems like all the speculation of Ash catching a Meltan will come true!! If it happens, Ash's team this series would be a unique one!

And this could mean Ash can get a steelium-z from the grand trial!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
If supposedly meltan is caught by ash this will be first region he will have three temporary pokemon, so he will have six pokemon in this region out of which 3 are permanent and 3 are temporary, this has to be a record.

As for the title just want to say XYZ epsiode 38 title was KL final: The ultimate Victory? and some epic victory it turned ut to be for ash. I would still be pessimistic about capture here.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It might not be an actual catch, but instead the Meltan hey/s trapped inside another Mystery Box.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Welp looks like Meltan indeed is getting captured

Here's hoping Hawkommo-o still happens

D

Deleted member 384931

They are really giving Meltan already much focus

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Considering how Pokemon Go reveal/release of Meltan went what if it's not one person capturing Meltan, bit like everyone. Then at the end of the arc they all evolve together to form one Melmetal?

Or maybe Ash catches one and it ends up being a transformed Ditto.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Meltan is the most morbid cannibalistic pokémon ever and I'm stunned they're including that monster into the group. It kills dozens of others of its own kind to evolve if I'm not mistaken. I hope they'll actually touch on the implications of that if it ever evolves.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Meltan is the most morbid cannibalistic pokémon ever and I'm stunned they're including that monster into the group. It kills dozens of others of its own kind to evolve if I'm not mistaken. I hope they'll actually touch on the implications of that if it ever evolves.

If they do I think it be more handled like assimilation said of all into one, more than one consuming all.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Ash catching a mythical Pokemon out of the blue again? Lets hope it's not another Poipole.

At least it would be Ash's first Steel type.

johnnyd2

UBER FLAMER!

Huh, i always thought meltan/melmetal was just a similar situation to Zygarde and its cells

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I mean, there are multiple types of Pokemon that fuse into a single entity like Magnezone or Metagross.

Though I guess in those cases, it's always been portrayed as the Pokemon just grows extra parts out of the blue whenever they evolve.

DatsRight

Guys, let’s not ignore the possibility that a certain science-loving member of the gang may catch Meltan instead, eh?

We don’t want this turning out like Episode 99...

Well Sophocles arc with Charjabug seems to be mostly done now.

I'll be disappointed if Lillie literally goes without a secondary her entire run though.

Status
Not open for further replies.