• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 10th: SM112 - A New Species Has Been Discovered! I Got a Meltan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

Does Meltan only eat metal? I know a certain item in the posession of one of Ash's Pokemon that I wouldn't mind it eating

Red and Blue

Does Meltan only eat metal? I know a certain item in the posession of one of Ash's Pokemon that I wouldn't mind it eating
You mean the everstone? Only if Rowlet wants to give it up.

ShadowForce720

I think it only eats metal, however if the writers really wanted to they could probably change that and make it so that it could eat other things that aren't metal and just wind up having a preference towards eating metal, and I would have to say if that ceartain item your talking about wound up getting eaten by Meltan that would be hilarious, but at the same time I wouldn't be that surprised if the writers keep Meltan to only eating Metal.

You mean the everstone? Only if Rowlet wants to give it up.

Now I'm not saying that Meltan will eat the Everstone, but if the writers really wanted to go that route then they could easily have it to where after Rowlet spits the Everstone out to eat it's food or say after the Everstone is knocked away from Rowlet during a battle when it looks over to get the Everstone back it sees Meltan just as it's finishing eating the Everstone which if that happens that would be pretty hilarious.

Zariful

I think it only eats metal, however if the writers really wanted to they could probably change that and make it so that it could eat other things that aren't metal and just wind up having a preference towards eating metal, and I would have to say if that ceartain item your talking about wound up getting eaten by Meltan that would be hilarious, but at the same time I wouldn't be that surprised if the writers keep Meltan to only eating Metal.

Now I'm not saying that Meltan will eat the Everstone, but if the writers really wanted to go that route then they could easily have it to where after Rowlet spits the Everstone out to eat it's food or say after the Everstone is knocked away from Rowlet during a battle when it looks over to get the Everstone back it sees Meltan just as it's finishing eating the Everstone which if that happens that would be pretty hilarious.

Depending on how far they wanna make Meltan and Rowlet bond. Rowlet could potentially get mad at Meltan for eating its Everstone. But then Rowlet eventually needs to protect Meltan. Rowlet could master Seed Bomb to protect its friend.

noakai

Meltan is seriously cute when animated, I didn't think much of it before but I think I'll end up charmed like I did with Poipole. I hope this trend of putting mythicals and legendaries into the actual anime continues, that is one thing from this series I have loved a lot. It makes them feel more real and gives them a chance to give them personalities beyond "mysterious and aloof".

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Thought you were referring to Krookodile's glasses at first and wasn't pleased haha

Then I remembered the everstone, Meltan definitely should eat that but only if it makes Rowlet suddenly evolve. I hate the everstone too but at least it's a valid excuse for keeping it as is unlike Axew, Chespin, and Oshawott where they didn't evolve just cause

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Chespin made sense as he barely did anything.

(and to this day, I'm still pissed he didn't go to Ash)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Chespin made sense as he barely did anything.

(and to this day, I'm still pissed he didn't go to Ash)

I am glad it didn't went to ash, it would have remained unevolved and weak point of ash's team it should have gone to serena its pin missiles would have made her performances more edgy and given her variety which she kinda lacked due to lack of pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I am glad it didn't went to ash, it would have remained unevolved and weak point of ash's team it should have gone to serena its pin missiles would have made her performances more edgy and given her variety which she kinda lacked due to lack of pokemon.

Heck if Chespin had gone to Serena it probably would have had a better chance of learning a new move or at the very least have been used in a better way.

Zariful

This reminds me of the Gible two parter if Ash does indeed catch Meltan. I’m interested how Meltan would be incorporated into the intro

Red and Blue

This reminds me of the Gible two parter if Ash does indeed catch Meltan. I’m interested how Meltan would be incorporated into the intro
Easy. They just drop him in during the montage with Ash's Alolan team.

OgPokemaster93

Considering Pikachu picked it out, I'm sure that this is the case. Personally I never saw Ash getting the Steelium Z as an indicator that he'd get Meltan, given that he can use the Z-move at this moment. (Pikachu is a smart cookie)

Y would Pikachu use the steel Z crystal when it has its own signature Z crystal already?! It’s clearly a hint at meltan

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Why would Pikachu use the steel Z crystal when it has its own signature Z crystal already?! It’s clearly a hint at Meltan
On one hand I can see why it would hint at Meltan, on the other hand, Pikachu has a brain, not supernatural powers, he doesn't know that Ash may or may not get Meltan, but he knows that he can use it.
Though if Ash does get Meltan, it'll likely be like Poipole and not do much battling if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.