• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 12th: PM2019 059 - The Lost Sarunori! Who is its Trainer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't recall Satoshi ever expressing a desire to catch a legend, so I don't think he'll get one
This argument, I think, is absurd.

For example, if a Latias wants to stay with Ash, will Ash say no to Latias??

In the relationship between Ash and his pokemons, the demands of the Pokemon were kept ahead.

Generally, Pokemon wanted to stay with Ash.

Authors can give Ash a legendary pokemon with a story similar to Suicune.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder who is its trainer.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Speaking of Latios I remember reading something about the staff having trouble portraying her and Ashes relationship due to the unfortunate implications that would come with it which is why they didn't allow her to travel with him.
If that's true then that is absolutely hilarious
You mean Latias? lulz.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As Goh throws a ball to catch a Dunsparce, a strong gust of wind will blow from nowhere and take the ball to the skies across 5(?) miles until it dies down and it so happens to strike a running Entei on its noggin, capturing it.

This is all within the first 3 minutes of the episode, by the way.

And Goh still gets the Dunsparce.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I don't recall Satoshi ever expressing a desire to catch a legend, so I don't think he'll get one
That literally means nothing, as while there have been cases where Ash specifically expressed interest in catching a specific Pokémon and then proceeded to catch it, there has also been instances where Ash never really expressed interest in catching a specific Pokémon but caught it any way do to it wanting to join Ash.

A recent example of this is Ash’s Dragonite. Ash at one point during OS expressed interest in catching a Moltres and then I’m Sun and Moon he was very interested in Zeraora.

Just because Ash doesn’t express interest or a desire to catch a legendary Pokémon during the current series doesn’t mean that he can’t or won’t eventually get one.

Otherwise Ash wouldn’t have a significant portion of the Pokémon he does now.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Hey something I was thinking about.

Do you guys think that the Road Trip with Leon in the OP is "Canon" or just visuals for show?

Because if - and I do mean IF - that Road Trip "Arc" is Canon then would that mean nobody's catching Grookey here?

Because we don't see Grookey with the gang in any of the shots with the alleged Road Trip?

I know OP's don't always Translate to what happens in the show but the Road Trip with Leon seemed unusually emphasized (it's shown in nearly every scene in the OP)

But on the other hand, it would be incredibly strange to not have the last Starter be caught in it's Debut Episode. Especially after making us wait nearly 60 Episodes.
I Know this show likes to Troll subvert our expectations but that feels like way too much even for this show

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
A lot of the Pokemon Satoshi and his friends get are ones the marketers decide he'll get, and it's generally pretty easy to tell which Pokemon were decided by the marketers and which were decided by the actual anime staff. If the marketers decide he's going to get a specific legendary, he'll get that legendary regardless of what he's previously said in-series.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So, are we just going to ignore orange Barney and Gengar?
Nevermind- the show already does that for us.
Well, if it had been the marketing team picking those, they would have important stuff to do, but...yeah. Gengar is the worst offender of them all. No marketing team would surely promote a ghost that doesn't even have a presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.