• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 12th: PM2019 059 - The Lost Sarunori! Who is its Trainer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So which were Pokemon the anime staff decided to give Ash. Imma say it's everyone whose name isn't Lucario.

In PM2019? Uh, I'm gonna say Kamonegi and Uonoragon. The other three are all big shillmons.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, if it had been the marketing team picking those, they would have important stuff to do, but...yeah. Gengar is the worst offender of them all. No marketing team would surely promote a ghost that doesn't even have a presence.
All they need to do is show that Ash owns one which the news of that is long out there. Ez profit. No need to show it off alot when all that's needed is Gengar and his name next to it and voila.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well, if it had been the marketing team picking those, they would have important stuff to do, but...yeah. Gengar is the worst offender of them all. No marketing team would surely promote a ghost that doesn't even have a presence.

Iris' Emonga was almost definitely given to her because the marketing division said so, and it was pretty dang underused in general. just because a Pokemon joins the team for marketing reasons doesn't always mean it's going to constantly appear and do stuff.

desdar300

All they need to do is show that Ash owns one which the news of that is long out there. Ez profit. No need to show it off alot when all that's needed is Gengar and his name next to it and voila.
For people that have been in the game for as long as they have, OLM staffers are missing the mark like crazy.
Ken Sugimori ought to hit the director with a Messatsu Goshoryu Akuma style

PsychoLogical

I guess the Galar Starters weren't considered marketable enough for Ash?

I wonder who's idea was it to give them all to Goh? (Well assuming Goh gets Grookey anyways)
May be more among the lines of the upcoming 25th anniversary and thought that they’ll might as well do something different for Ash’s roster this time around since he is a massive marketing tool and combining that with some certain mons, they’ll roll in dough.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
In PM2019? Uh, I'm gonna say Kamonegi and Uonoragon. The other three are all big shillmons.

That's a good take. Specially after the current arc with Farfetch'd.

But I'd say it could be a convenient coincidence since the G.Farfetch'd lore makes him suitable as an Ash mon and Dracovish is a breakout star in the competitive scene so I could see they being suggested by the marketing department as "potentially popular/adequate picks" and the writting just figured they'd be fun to use.

Iris' Emonga was almost definitely given to her because the marketing division said so, and it was pretty dang underused in general. just because a Pokemon joins the team for marketing reasons doesn't always mean it's going to constantly appear and do stuff.

I'd say that they did somewhat a fair job with Emolga on her introduction. She had an interesting personality. Just wished they did more with her.

I guess the Galar Starters weren't considered marketable enough for Ash?

I don't think it was because of that but probably to reinforce Goh's status as co-protagonist. It's probably also part of they playing around with the old patterns by making a gen where Ash doesn't get a regional starter

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Hey something I was thinking about.

Do you guys think that the Road Trip with Leon in the OP is "Canon" or just visuals for show?

Because if - and I do mean IF - that Road Trip "Arc" is Canon then would that mean nobody's catching Grookey here?

Because we don't see Grookey with the gang in any of the shots with the alleged Road Trip?

I know OP's don't always Translate to what happens in the show but the Road Trip with Leon seemed unusually emphasized (it's shown in nearly every scene in the OP)

But on the other hand, it would be incredibly strange to not have the last Starter be caught in it's Debut Episode. Especially after making us wait nearly 60 Episodes.
I Know this show likes to Troll subvert our expectations but that feels like way too much even for this show
I don't think we are getting a road trip arc.

We have episodes for most of what has been teased by the OP. We are just waiting for Gary, Iris, and Falinks. I am not sure that Korina, Bea, or Sonia will play a role before the next OP change. Oak may appear with Gary though.

PsychoLogical

I don't think we are getting a road trip arc.

We have episodes for most of what has been teased by the OP. We are just waiting for Gary, Iris, and Falinks. I am not sure that Korina, Bea, or Sonia will play a role before the next OP change. Oak may appear with Gary though.
It's really just Gary and Iris that are left unaccounted for. Falinks is still a mystery, if it even shows up that is. And the next OP change is prob around mid April or early May anyways.

PsychoLogical

But I'd say it could be a convenient coincidence since the G.Farfetch'd lore makes him suitable as an Ash mon and Dracovish is a breakout star in the competitive scene so I could see they being suggested by the marketing department as "potentially popular/adequate picks" and the writing just figured they'd be fun to use.
This is kinda what I've thought of what they're doing with Ash's roster this time around. All that's really needed is even more confirmation that this is somewhat the case at a decent or good extent through whatever they throw at the roster as Dracovish is likely not even the last anyways, and the monkey doesn't exactly seem like one of them.

DuskAstral

guys remember the ending with grookey next to riolu before it evolve and lycanroc
It does not mean anything. He was there only for Shiritori's needs. Besides, there were no indications from the developers that the monkey might end up with Satoshi (everything that has been shown so far would indicate Gou more)

kickachu

Momentai!
It does not mean anything. He was there only for Shiritori's needs. Besides, there were no indications from the developers that the monkey might end up with Satoshi (everything that has been shown so far would indicate Gou more)
unless it's a false lead like with iris and Deino

Status
Not open for further replies.