• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 12th: PM2019 059 - The Lost Sarunori! Who is its Trainer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

It would be nice if Grookey belonged to a character--be they from the Games or created for the Show--who ended up being a rival.

...then you remember there are NO rivals in this series o_O

Though Yamper being here raises my interest. Not only does it mean Chloe, but it's been too long since the little guy did anything.
Bea isn't a rival?

ImBeVillain

Platinum is best
It would be nice if Grookey belonged to a character--be they from the Games or created for the Show--who ended up being a rival.

...then you remember there are NO rivals in this series o_O

Though Yamper being here raises my interest. Not only does it mean Chloe, but it's been too long since the little guy did anything.
Watch again episode 39 what about talking was Ash and Bea after eating cakes. Offcialy Bea is his first Journeys rival.
And Rinko with Gallade same also new Ash's rivals.

Bea isn't a rival?

Is she of any relevance now ? Ash already tied with her after his defeat. Riolu got nothing to prove as he has already evolved and was fighting Mewtwo and Eterantus while Grappaloct will obviously not be having the same adventures. The evolution boost will allow Luke to easily overpower Grappaloct. We don't know anything about Machamp and Ash or his team doesn't even have any sort of connection with Machamp. Bea already started to be nice to him.

It's pretty lame for the show to keep pushing her as a rival when she is almost done. Almost like an excuse just to bring her back. This was one thing about the Leon - Raihan - Bea frame that bugged me. How is she even a challenge to him anymore ?

Sword master zacian

I don't get why people are saying rinto as a rival.
I don't ash will get any rivals aside from bea and maybe marnie/hop
Considering his amount of focus in this series its hard for me to belive it

The evolution boost will allow Luke to easily overpower Grappaloct.
I don't know. If anything, if Bea screwing Korrina is any indication and how Lucario is also a Steel-type, she may just have an easier time wrecking Ash instead.

charinija

Bea is a Gym leader. Not exactly as a rival.

In Xy, Alain appeared in episode 68. Maybe there will be a competitor in this series.

But the rival in this series is not directly a main competitor.

Ash's ranking is important. And it will probably make it into the top 50.

Red and Blue

Is she of any relevance now ? Ash already tied with her after his defeat. Riolu got nothing to prove as he has already evolved and was fighting Mewtwo and Eterantus while Grappaloct will obviously not be having the same adventures. The evolution boost will allow Luke to easily overpower Grappaloct. We don't know anything about Machamp and Ash or his team doesn't even have any sort of connection with Machamp. Bea already started to be nice to him.

It's pretty lame for the show to keep pushing her as a rival when she is almost done. Almost like an excuse just to bring her back. This was one thing about the Leon - Raihan - Bea frame that bugged me. How is she even a challenge to him anymore ?
The fact that Ash never beat her should tell us she isnt finished. She can still return with Gigantamax Machamp or Urshifu

ImBeVillain

Platinum is best
I don't get why people are saying rinto as a rival.
I don't ash will get any rivals aside from bea and maybe marnie/hop
Considering his amount of focus in this series its hard for me to belive it

This is partly a rival of Ash's Farfetch'd, they will definitely reappear on the screen. When the first time with Gallade came as a rival, I hopefully Ash will finally catch Gardevoir.

charinija

Which is why he gained an absurd boost in rank offscreen.
The reason he's off screen is because Goh was brought forward and Ash was pushed into the background.

But I read a comment recently. It made sense. Especially after the second half of the series, the 70th episode, they can focus on ash.

Because even if this is Ash's last series, they have to come to a conclusion.

KenzeyEevee

Some ppl have the insight of a Magikarp
If it was any other series, I would say yes to Satoshi getting Grookey. But here I am conflicted. Yes because it seems a Satoshi like pokemon and no because we are in a series he needs a strong team and Grookey doesnt feel like it fits.

charinija

I think Satoshi is moving into the next places too quickly. So I suspect that it will drop from the ranking a few more times

It came to the 300s in the 40th episode. There are 100 more episodes in this series ahead of us.

After some point it has to fall. If it does not fall, it can even go to 1st place quickly.

KenzeyEevee

Some ppl have the insight of a Magikarp
It came to the 300s in the 40th episode. There are 100 more episodes in this series ahead of us.

After some point it has to fall. If it does not fall, it can even go to 1st place quickly.
Wouldnt be surprised in both. If he wins that stuff, then they need to search a new kind of challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.