• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 12th: PM2019 059 - The Lost Sarunori! Who is its Trainer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm so glad Ash isn't getting it lol
I do hope that unlike XY they actually give him a Grass type to fill in the void though, Leavanny is literally his only non-starter Grass type while he has Kingler/Corphish/Buizel/Palpitoad/Dracovish(And possibly Urshifu too) and Torkoal/Talonflame for Fire. Cause they could easily give Ash and Iris Applin to showcase the difference in evolution(And since they're battling, it'd make more sense than for Chloe or Goh to get the other. Besides they're probably doing that with Toxtricity).

It's a shame they aren't giving the new Grass starter to the Pokegirl yet again but hopefully that changes next saga, I'm honestly bored of the other character's main either being a Water/Fire starter. At least Lycanroc and Krookodile proved Ash owning starters doesn't mean they have to be mains/aces

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I do hope that unlike XY they actually give him a Grass type to fill in the void though, Leavanny is literally his only non-starter Grass type while he has Kingler/Corphish/Buizel/Palpitoad/Dracovish(And possibly Urshifu too) and Torkoal/Talonflame for Fire. Cause they could easily give Ash and Iris Applin to showcase the difference in evolution(And since they're battling, it'd make more sense than for Chloe or Goh to get the other. Besides they're probably doing that with Toxtricity).

It's a shame they aren't giving the new Grass starter to the Pokegirl yet again but hopefully that changes next saga, I'm honestly bored of the other character's main either being a Water/Fire starter. At least Lycanroc and Krookodile proved Ash owning starters doesn't mean they have to be mains/aces
I like the applin idea but I think Iris episode will focus on dracovish if any ash Mon is to get focus

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

Let's not count our Torchics before they hatch

We still don't know who Grookey is going to

charinija

Pokemon Master
Melmetal or Lycanroc is the strongest pokemon Ash ever captured in Sun and Moon.

In this series so far Lucario or Dragonite.

Bw was not a good series. But it changed the tradition that the starter should be the strongest Pokemon with Krookodile.

Goodra would be the best pokemon had it not been for Greninja's special form in Xy.

I'm glad that the understanding that the starter is the strongest pokemon has changed in the Pokemon anime.

I think that's the best thing about pokemon anime recently.

Grookey does not matter.

kickachu

Momentai!
Starters are for newbies so give it to Goh to complete the set. Makes more sense than a damn Suicune.
Oshawott was meant for new trainer but it went to ash on free will same as froakie

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I want to believe that, despise the images shown of Grookey and Goh, they are actually to disoriant us; just like we saw scenes of Sobble in teasers and people thought he was going to be Ash's Pokemon. So, I really, REALLY hope Grookey will end up becomign Ash's next Pokemon. Ash needs at least one starter of this Generation.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I want to believe that, despise the images shown of Grookey and Goh, they are actually to disoriant us; just like we saw scenes of Sobble in teasers and people thought he was going to be Ash's Pokemon. So, I really, REALLY hope Grookey will end up becomign Ash's next Pokemon. Ash needs at least one starter of this Generation.
No he doesn’t. At this point, starters are pretty redundant and even pointless to him. Even more evident from how his first captures were fully evolved and how they didn’t decide to have him own either Scorbunny or Sobble along with how they’re debuting Grookey this late. Ofc I can’t rule out Grookey going to Ash in the end due to how this series is setup compared to the past sagas regarding captures. But HOWEVER, it does not mean that Ash needs a starter 100% which for the record, he doesn’t.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
No he doesn’t. At this point, starters are pretty redundant and even pointless to him. Even more evident from how his first captures were fully evolved and how they didn’t decide to have him own either Scorbunny or Sobble along with how they’re debuting Grookey this late. Ofc I can’t rule out Grookey going to Ash in the end due to how this series is setup compared to the past sagas regarding captures. But HOWEVER, it does not mean that Ash needs a starter 100% which for the record, he doesn’t.

The Starters are like the firm of each Generation, which means (although it was funny to see Ash breaking the mold with captures), he can't end up this Generation without one of Galar's starters. Considering the potential arc where Ash, Goh and Chloe will journey with Leon in his "Charicar", that would be an excellent opportunity for Ash to get a whole team from Galar. Although I would say no if he gets more past Pokemon; like the returning of his Greninja and the potential capture of a Tyranitar (his old friend Larvitar evolved).

ShadowForce720

The Starters are like the firm of each Generation, which means (although it was funny to see Ash breaking the mold with captures), he can't end up this Generation without one of Galar's starters. Considering the potential arc where Ash, Goh and Chloe will journey with Leon in his "Charicar", that would be an excellent opportunity for Ash to get a whole team from Galar. Although I would say no if he gets more past Pokemon; like the returning of his Greninja and the potential capture of a Tyranitar (his old friend Larvitar evolved).
No, Ash can go without one of the current gen starters, because at the end of the day if Ash having a current gen starter was as vital as your trying to imply they wouldn’t have had Ash go 50+ episodes without a current gen starter and it wouldn’t have taken so long for Grookey to debut.

The fact that Ash still hasn’t gotten a current gen starter 50+ episodes in and that Grookey hadn’t shown up until 50+ episodes in proves that Ash getting a current gen starter isn’t as vital as your trying to make it sound.

Also before you try to bring up Chimchar as some sort of defense, that argument doesn’t work because Ash didn’t go 50+ episodes in DP without a current gen starter as he got Turtwig in episode 5 and the Chimchar that would go to Ash debuted under Paul’s ownership around episode 2.

Sure it’s still possible that Ash could get Grookey, but it’s also possible that Grookey might go to Goh instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.