• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 12th: XY064 - Fennekin VS Delphox! A Gorgeous Performer Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Can every single Cheerleader do this? I don't think so.I'm obliviously going with the average cheerleader.And what does fishing have to do with fighting.

I don't even get your argument. Does Fennekin/Braixen fight a pokemon with an immunity or type advantage? No she isn't. She is at a disadvantage. So there is no faulty logic. I'm talking about which makes sense more and obviously Fletchinder beating Talonflame makes more sense than Braixen beating Delphox

Fire type cheerleader with power up can't beat a fire/psychic monster
Fire/Flying MMA Fighter with power up can beat a fire/flying monster

That is a way more accurate comparison than yours.

The argument is that you are assuming that a cheerleader:
- A. Fights in the same way as a MMA Fighter, which is what you're continuously stating,
- B. Are assuming that she needs to fight the same way.. when the title of the episode CLEARLY dictates that it WON'T be fought in the same way: PERFORMANCE BATTLE.

Lets just flip this, because you're using the Fletchinder vs. Talonflame battle as a mold - which is why you're not getting it. Lets just call this a Cheerleading competition-fight. Why wouldn't a powered up cheerleader be able to win this? Just tell me that.

The thing with the types is an analogy. Different types fight differently. Same with performance battles (which I compared to Fairy-type) and regular battles (which I compared to regular Fighting-type. You're basically saying: Because Fennekin isn't an MMA Fighter (Fighting-type in this analogy) like Fletchinder, it can't win (in what you're assuming I guess to be a regular battle) - ignoring the difference in skills (per Type) and the fact that this apparent battle will be geared towards what Fennekin is expected to do in the first place.

The fishing video is another analogy to what I reckoned you were implying: Because Fennekin is a "(Performer/)Cheerleader", and not a specialized Fisherman (Fletchinder/Fighter), it can't win. Yet, this cheerleader won against all those fisherman. An no, not every cheerleader can do that. A +1 could.. :p

Last edited:

Captain America X

The argument is that you are assuming that a cheerleader:
- A. Fights in the same way as a MMA Fighter, which is what you're continuously stating,
- B. Are assuming that she needs to fight the same way.. when the title of the episode CLEARLY dictates that it WON'T be fought in the same way: PERFORMANCE BATTLE.

Lets just flip this, because you're using the Fletchinder vs. Talonflame battle as a mold - which is why you're not getting it. Lets just call this a Cheerleading competition-fight. Why wouldn't a powered up cheerleader be able to win this? Just tell me that.

The thing with the types is an analogy. Different types fight differently. Same with performance battles (which I compared to Fairy-type) and regular battles (which I compared to regular Fighting-type. You're basically saying: Because Fennekin isn't an MMA Fighter (Fighting-type in this analogy) like Fletchinder, it can't win (in what you're assuming I guess to be a regular battle) - ignoring the difference in skills (per Type) and the fact that this apparent battle will be geared towards what Fennekin is expected to do in the first place.
Wait weren't we talking about real fight?We weren't?Oh dear,I apologize then.I though we were talking about an actual fight.In this case your right.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Which is why we now have the Fairy-type.. Sugar CandyCheerleaders can now defeat monsters. Conclusion: There's more then one way to win a fight.. I'd like to see an MMA Fighter beat a Psychic-type for instance...

It's Always the question whether she does go fullblown Delphox on us though.. Just look at Brock's Marshtomp.

The problem with Psychic is that the anime people have written it in a way that it is pretty much the same as confusion instead of making Confusion the controlling one and Psychic the one blast one that does damage(like Max's Ralts did).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I thank God that she's not implied to show up here then. What with Serena already going through drama with her training, I don't want that chick to add to it.

Lorde, please. I'm sure you're dying at the thought of Elle possibly being a demanding arrogant princess. :rolleyes:

But anyway, I don't think Elle will be different from what she appears to be in Showcases. Apparently Yashio mentioned in the recent episode that none of the current contestants were "like Elle" (or something along the line; correct me if I'm wrong, though). I don't think anyone would want their Kalos Queen to be a sass. She probably cares deeply about her Pokémon and focus on their showing them off in the right way (pretty much like Hermione's advices from the DP Fashion contest Dawn won).

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
No because that's what we have Allie for.

I'm simply not here for Serena facing a character who is already leagues ahead of her.

I think you're right. I don't think Serena should learn the hard way, especially after being completely demolished in the last Showcase due to a silly mistake. No. I hope she finds some sort of tutor, a guide that even though he/she is better than her, it will give her a good fight and show her the flaws she needs to work on.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think you're right. I don't think Serena should learn the hard way, especially after being completely demolished in the last Showcase due to a silly mistake. No. I hope she finds some sort of tutor, a guide that even though he/she is better than her, it will give her a good fight and show her the flaws she needs to work on.

She has, its Zoey Shauna.

Janovy

Banned
Indeed, we can't really compare Zoey to Shauna.

Shauna and Serena are more equal and Shauna isn't her mentor.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Shauna hasn't done anything to help her that much. Hell, the one who helped her more has been Nene/Minnie. Shauna isn't even Zoey material and is more like a female version of Ash for showcases.

Well it took a bit for Zoey to become Zoey-status. I can see Shauna surpassing Serena and teaching her things without making too obvious as Zoey/Dawn that they were more mentor and student than friends. Shauna would stay more as friends as he's a lot more modest.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I don't think Delphox's owner needs to be her mentor though. At best I could see them becoming her rival later or a recurring character.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Already comparing Shauna to Zoey eh? I hope the rivalry isn't like Zoey's. No point having a rival this early if the hero never goes over them at least once. Zoey's rivalry served no purpose if she was never going to lose even once. I doubt Shauna will be like that.

Also, it seems we're already talking about Serena and Delphox? One thing at a time. I'm just happy for Braixen. I hope she learns some psychic moves. That would be nice for the non-contest. It would also be even better if what's-her-face's Braixen didn't know any psychic moves. This way, Serena's stands out.

Last edited:

Tourist Juan

Yeah but Fletchinder participated in more battles and is actually geared and trained towards battles whereas Fennekin has battle a little and is geared more towards Showcases, I'm assuming this is an actual battle we're discussing. Not to mention the pointless DEM arguments that were going on for some reason

Couldn't the same thing be said about the Delphox then? I mean we dont have any evidence that she uses it to battle either.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I don't think Delphox's owner needs to be her mentor though. At best I could see them becoming her rival later or a recurring character.

There's too many characters with the Fennekin line who are becoming important. I don't want this Delphox trainer to be her rival tbh. I mean obviously Serena has Fennekin, Elle has a Braixen, and now another character with a Delphox? Is this an evolution rivalry or something? Too much @.@

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Lorde, please. I'm sure you're dying at the thought of Elle possibly being a demanding arrogant princess. :rolleyes:

But anyway, I don't think Elle will be different from what she appears to be in Showcases. Apparently Yashio mentioned in the recent episode that none of the current contestants were "like Elle" (or something along the line; correct me if I'm wrong, though). I don't think anyone would want their Kalos Queen to be a sass. She probably cares deeply about her Pokémon and focus on their showing them off in the right way (pretty much like Hermione's advices from the DP Fashion contest Dawn won).
I have to admit, I was more towards the whole "Aria being a spoiled celebrity stereotype" group when she was first introduced (that and her being a member of Team Flare). However, ever since the last episode aired, I think they're going to lean more towards this kind of portrayal, & it would make sense that Yashio would want to the next Kalos Queen to be someone who's humble, down to Earth, and cares deeply about her pokémon, while at the same time she's also a great performer who isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to give her 110%. I can still see Aria being portrayed as a brat if (& only if) it helps lead to Yashio &/or Serena's character development, such as making part of the reason Yashio is fed up with showcases because how Aria's success went to her head. But I think they're still more than likely going to give Aria more of a humble celebrity persona, which I now think suits the whole Showcases storyline perfectly, especially if this helps Serena at all. They can save the whole "Spoiled Brat" character if they decide to create the Showcases equivalent to Harley & Ursula.

As for the Delphox, right now I'm thinking that it either belongs to Yashio, Aria, or some CotD who sees Serena struggling with her performance and helps her out

phanpycross

God-king
Part of me kinda hopes that the delphox is Yashio's, I really want to know more about this character, and what part she's gonna play on the show. I wouldnt mind her being Serena's mentor or something, but Id really hate if it was some "old lady who is mean to this young girl because she sees the potential" BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.