• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 15th: SM66 - Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
March 15th: SM66 - Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!!

Today's lesson consists of "Poké-Ping Pong", where Trainer and Pokémon play ping pong together. Satoshi and his friends get really interested in Poké-Ping Pong after getting taught by guest lecturer Ilima, and decide to go watch the tournament he's going to participate in.

---------

Satoshi and the others are being taught the table tennis sport "Poké-Ping Pong", where Trainers and Pokémon work together. Ilima, who has come to serve as their guest lecturer, tells them he and his Pokémon Doble have entered and won many tournaments. Ilima's lecture got Satoshi and the others really interested in Poké-Ping Pong, so they go to watch a tournament Ilima is entering.

---------

Satoshi and his friends are playing a sports called "Poké-Ping Pong" for class. The sport involves Trainer and Pokémon play together. Their guest lecturer Ilima is so skilled at Poké-Ping Pong he even participates in tournaments, and Satoshi and the others decide to go see him in action. Last year, Ilima was defeated in the finals, but he's burning with fighting spirit, thinking this will be the year he wins.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

Last edited:
Well, I'd be lying if I said that memories of Ambipom didn't flood into my head when I read the title. There's a zero percent change of it appearing, but I would even take a cameo on a random TV, lol.

In all seriousness, I'm surprised to see Ilima is hanging around. I figured since his debut took so long that he would be a one-off. I'm also surprised we still don't know when the next Ultra Beast episode is considering how quickly they went through the Aether arc.

Vipsoccermaster

So he we are, Ilima is already a recurring character. Looks like his Smergle is here, too, due to "Sketch" in the title. Ping Pong? Well, this is that Diamond and Pearl episode all over again.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well looks like a two-parter at the Pokémon School. It's most likely going to be a in-school tournament where everyone in the Pokémon School participates. But it's quite puzzling how Snowy will ever participate...

Vipsoccermaster

Bringing back Ambipom will not make any sense. Still, I don't see her appearing at all. Not even O, either. Before Ambipom was given to O, Ambipom belonged to Dawn. They haven't been around for like a decade now. At best, it is possible for Ash to have a flashback for these characters, to show continuity, but I highly doubt it.

ShadowForce720

Well looks like a two-parter at the Pokémon School. It's most likely going to be a in-school tournament where everyone in the Pokémon School participates. But it's quite puzzling how Snowy will ever participate...

Easy it will use it's tail as an improvised Ping Pong Paddle to hit the ball back.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Easy it will use it's tail as an improvised Ping Pong Paddle to hit the ball back.

But Vulpix is a somewhat short Pokémon and Snowy would have to keep jumping up to hit the ping pong balls.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Maybe we'll get some DP references or something...

Wonder if this is filler or actually going to do something to advance the plot. Interesting that Ilima is appearing despite his trial over for 50-odd episodes.

Oh, and one more thing: SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ambipom. :( I wish she was here...

Maybe a Steenee spotlight episode? I could see her doing good in Poke Ping Pong.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe a Steenee spotlight episode? I could see her doing good in Poke Ping Pong.

Yeah. Like in the baseball episode she could use her sepals to hit back ping pong balls and that would give her an advantage over the other Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Not over Marowak though.

I'd consider Marowak to be more equal of that of Steenee but I'd personally like to see Steenee perform better because Mallow hasn't won any of the competitions yet and Ash, Kiawe and Sophocles won the Charjabug race anyways.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This is going to be hilarious if Ambipom does show up for no reason. Sure, she wasn't integral to the show like Misty or Brock were, but it'd be fun to have her show up anyway. Or perhaps Ash will just reminisce about Ambipom, if he does take the time to remember her.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ilima's focused episode again? Have to say I'm quite surprised. Anyway it's been a long time since DP that we've seen Pokemon Ping Pong. :D

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So two episodes focusing on Ilima, with the second one being about..... ping pong. Uh, hopefully there's more importance and significance to this episode than what impression its giving currently.

Well I agree with the possibility of making Mallow a good ping pong player, since Lana was already good at PokeBase, and Lillie at Pokesled.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Announcement from the official anime site:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/news/

The "Prince of the Pokémon School", played by Yudai Chiba, makes his appearance?!

Actor and huge Pokémon fan Yudai Chiba is going to be a voice actor in the anime!!
The role Chiba is going to play is that of Pokémon School graduate student Ilima.
This Normal type Trainer known as the "Prince of the Pokémon School"
will be accompanied by his Partner Pokémon Eievui.
He will appear in two episodes in a row, which will air Thursday March 8th and Thursday March 15th!
What kind of role will he play?!

Airing March 8th: "Ilima and Eievui Have Ilimade Their Entrance!!"
Airing March 15th: "Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!"

Status
Not open for further replies.