• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 15th: SM66 - Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rawlet is being underused. Sleeping all the time. More screentime please writers.

But even if Mokuroh's used here as Satoshi's ping pong partner, I don't think it'll lead to anything noteworthy for him. He'd be active sure, yet he'd likely end up going back to his old ways right afterward.

ShadowForce720

Hm...actually, Fukuthrow's wings would be perfect paddles

Surprise Evo episode...?

You know I've actually thought about if this could be Rowlet's evolution, episode on one hand a part of me thinks that Rowlet won't evolve here, and on another hand part of me thinks that it will evolve here, after all it wouldn't be the first time that a evolution occurred during a competition. Also a interesting thing to note is when you look at the number of episodes between Ash's Alolan pokemon capture and the episode they evolve and it breaks down like this:

Rockruff capture episode 15: 15+22=37 Rockruff evolution episode 37
Litten capture episode 21: 21+42=63 Litten evolution episode 63
if this continues with Rowlet then Rowlet capture episode 4: 4+62=66 Rowlet evolution episode 66

now while I know that the pattern could easily break and I do expect it to whether or not it's Rowlet that breaks it is debatable as it could go either way, but if Rowlet doesn't break the pattern then I expect that Ash's 4th capture will probably break that pattern. Oh and the pattern is that if you look at Rockruff and add 22 to it's capture episode you get it's evolution episode while if you add 20 to 22 you get 42 and then if you add 42 to Litten's capture episode you get it's evolution episode so if you add 20 to 42 you get 62 and if you add 62 to Rowlet's capture you would get episode 66 which would theoretically mean that Rowlet would evolve in episode 66.

Now while I do expect that pattern to break at some point, it's interesting that Rowlet can fit in it, and Rowlet evolving in episode 66 can't necessarily be ruled out, of course it's possible that a different episode could be Rowlet's evolution episode but we will just have to wait and see.

Although that is interesting that Dartrix's wings would make good paddles.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We have a summary:

Today's lesson consists of "Poké-Ping Pong", where Trainer and Pokémon play ping pong together. Satoshi and his friends get really interested in Poké-Ping Pong after getting taught by guest lecturer Ilima, and decide to go watch the tournament he's going to participate in.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Today's lesson consists of "Poké-Ping Pong", where Trainer and Pokémon play ping pong together. Satoshi and his friends get really interested in Poké-Ping Pong after getting taught by guest lecturer Ilima, and decide to go see watch the tournament he's going to participate in.
This summary makes it seem like Ash and the others are not actually participating in the Poké-Ping-Pong match after all, and are just going to watch Ilima participate. I hope that's not the case, as I don't think this episode will be very interesting if we're only watching Ilima and his Smeargle smudge their opponents' faces into a ping-pong paddle.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, I wonder how much different this Ping Pong tournament will be compared to the one in DP. Of course, I expect Ilima to emerge victorious here.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This summary makes it seem like Ash and the others are not actually participating in the Poké-Ping-Pong match after all, and are just going to watch Ilima participate. I hope that's not the case, as I don't think this episode will be very interesting if we're only watching Ilima and his Smeargle smudge their opponents' faces into a ping-pong paddle.

Agreed, I don't want another Korrina arc here. The main characters need to do this stuff and not stand around in the background.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Agreed, I don't want another Korrina arc here. The main characters need to do this stuff and not stand around in the background.

I'm pretty sure Ash and co., or at the very least, Ash himself will participate in the Pong tournament, because otherwise there will be literally no opponent of attention whenever for Ilima in the Ping Pong tournament matches. It will look rather dumb if Ilima only faces some random COTD's in the tournament instead of Ash and co.

nickdt

While it would be expected Ilima wins here, i cannot get it out of my head that Mallow might go home with the win and Steenee evolving.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
While it would be expected Ilima wins here, i cannot get it out of my head that Mallow might go home with the win and Steenee evolving.

It will be nice to see Mallow participate and yeah I do in some way expect Ilima to win because of Hala winning the sled competition. But I think at this time it will be too early for Steenee to evolve here due to both lack of foreshadowing and development.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokenchi showed some clipss from this episode. Ilima's opponent in the ping pong tournament is Musashi with Sonansu, and we see Doble literally "smashing with Sketch".

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Given that one of Ilima's opponents is Jessie and Wobbuffet, I would definitely expect them to be eliminated easily or disqualified. Like the Sinnoh one, I would also expect this tournament to be a knockout tournament and I would personally like to see either Ash or Mallow in the finals.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Given that one of Ilima's opponents is Jessie and Wobbuffet, I would definitely expect them to be eliminated easily or disqualified. Like the Sinnoh one, I would also expect this tournament to be a knockout tournament and I would personally like to see either Ash or Mallow in the finals.

The summary says Satoshi and his friends are just watching, not participating.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The summary says Satoshi and his friends are just watching, not participating.

Oh, i just missed that part. Although I find it disappointing that Ash and his friends are only spectating, I'm strongly expecting Ilima to win the tournament it that is so.

DatsRight

Pokenchi showed some clipss from this episode. Ilima's opponent in the ping pong tournament is Musashi with Sonansu, and we see Doble literally "smashing with Sketch".

I'm hoping at least that Wobbuffet gets as far as using his first Counter or Mirror Coat of this series, the poor guy hasn't got to do anything yet.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm hoping at least that Wobbuffet gets as far as using his first Counter or Mirror Coat of this series, the poor guy hasn't got to do anything yet.

Yeah it will be interesting to see Wobbuffet use these moves to deflect the ping pong ball during the match. Hopefully we'll get to see more of it in later episodes as Wobbuffet has used them rarely.

DatsRight

Wobbuffet has used both Counter and Mirror Coat before, but both moves are rarely used by Wobbuffet in the anime and they usually return a lot of damage. It will be interesting to see Wobbuffet use these moves to deflect the ping pong ball during the match.

In previous series, yes, but I don't think he's used an attack once in SM yet. It's strange how inactive he's ended up in XYZ and SM considering how much they pushed his return as a good battler at the start of XY. Even in AG and DP he had a handful of moments he came in handy compared to this.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In previous series, yes, but I don't think he's used an attack once in SM yet. It's strange how inactive he's ended up in XYZ and SM considering how much they pushed his return as a badass at the start of XY.

Well I've just realised I've misread but still we don't get to see these moves often and it's like a treat to see Wobbuffet use these moves. Along with Jessie, I'd also like to see James participate with Meowth too.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I really like the fact that Jessie will take part with Wobbuffet. And of course, according to SM rules, Ilima might end up winning.
I really wonder what will the next episode after this be about.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, considering Ash and co. aren't participating in the Ping Pong tournament, I honestly expect Jessie and Wobbufet to the finals where Ilima would defeat them to win the tournament. Because it'd be rather dumb to see Ilima beating some random COTD's to win the tournament (as Ash and co. aren't participating). It'd be more interesting if Jessie and Wobbufet are shown beating some opponents too.

Status
Not open for further replies.