• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 15th: SM66 - Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hmm, considering Ash and co. aren't participating in the Ping Pong tournament, I honestly expect Jessie and Wobbufet to the finals where Ilima would defeat them to win the tournament. Because it'd be rather dumb to see Ilima beating some random COTD's to win the tournament (as Ash and co. aren't participating). It'd be more interesting if Jessie and Wobbufet are shown beating some opponents too.

I think that Jessie and Wobbuffet are more likely to get disqualified because in a number of past competitions Team Rocket has been disqualified from almost all competitions that happened in this series. Maybe this time Bewear 'rescues' Jessie during the tournament resulting in her automatic elimination from the tournament.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Why is Jessie not using Bewear here? They would win this tournament hands down. :p

I think it's because Bewear is a wild Pokémon so it is technically now owned by Jessie (I believe Meowth is an exception because he is part of Team Rocket for long enough) so they could reserve Bewear to take Jessie and Wobbuffet out of the competition, which I think will be a likely scenario during the tournament.

Vipsoccermaster

Why is Jessie not using Bewear here? They would win this tournament hands down. :p
Because Jessie does not own Bewear. Bewear is a wild "God-like" Pokémon only to look after Team Rocket, not help them out in any way other than when Team rocket is forced to blast off or leave. Quite surprising that Jessie is competing with Wobbuffet for the tournament. What's going on with James and Meowth this time? Funny that Ash and his friends are sitting out just to watch Ilima participate (and likely win).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I find it kind of funny and sad that we speculated that Mallow might be good at ping-pong since Lana was good at pokebase and Lillie at Pokesled. But now, we find out that none of the classmates are even going to play ping-pong, and are just going to be mere spectators.

Also, at the end of these two Ilima episodes, I hope it leads to something useful and substantial for the rest of the series, cause right now, I'm really questioning the point of bringing in Ilima, since he seems to be here only to show off Extreme Evoboost in SM065, and this episode just feels pointless so far since it's just Ilima who's going to be playing ping-pong.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Also, at the end of these two Ilima episodes, I hope it leads to something useful and substantial for the rest of the series, cause right now, I'm really questioning the point of bringing in Ilima, since he seems to be here only to show off Extreme Evoboost in SM065, and this episode just feels pointless so far since it's just Ilima who's going to be playing ping-pong.

And also it's highly unlikely he'll return in later episodes because his voice actor, Yudai Chiba, is usually an actor, not a voice actor. But yeah, hopefully this episode and the other episode will bring out something useful although this episode is likely to be a filler.

Zyar

Unknown Member
I can't believe Ash and his classmates won't be participating in the Ping-Pong tournament. What's the point of them being there then, if they're justo going to watch Ilima play? What even will be their role the entire episode (or at least the last half of it, which I assume will be where the tournament will take placer)? Just make comments about the game and encourage Ilima? Seems kind of pointless... Definitely would like it better if they participated, even if I've grown tired of Ash's need to try every new activity he comes accross...

But it is interesting to know Jessie will be participating (something I hoped) and with Wobbuffet nonetheless! She always seems to favour other Pokémon over him in other competitions and in contests too (although that was understandable given how there was not much he could do to show off his powers). It is a pleasant surprise. I hoped this PokePing-Pong tournament is different from the one in DP and the Pokémon ARE allowed to use moves! Otherwise we'll just see Wobbuffet hitting the ball with his stub lol (if they're not disqualified before :eek: ). I also hope James enters the tournament as well, but I think it's unlikely.

DatsRight

I'm kinda hoping TR get to do something noteworthy in this competition, instead of cheating or getting thrown out by Bewear for the billionth time.

I miss the OS and DP, where they were allowed to effective opponents for the twerps in legitimate contests. Plus if all the twerps are spectators, theres not many other people to place against Ilima. Giving him a jobber or a cheat for an opponent won't really sell his skills.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

If the gang isn't playing, & Jessie doesn't at least get proper "play time", I'm not looking forward to this episode. Hopefully someone on the main cast benefits from this

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Giving him a jobber or a cheat for an opponent won't really sell his skills.

The writers could still throw in COTDs that at least have skill you know. Maybe one of them could be a former champion of the tournament.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If the gang isn't playing, & Jessie doesn't at least get proper "play time", I'm not looking forward to this episode. Hopefully someone on the main cast benefits from this

I have a bad feeling that none of the cast members will benefit from playing ping pong here, and that this is simply another chance to have Ilima impress everyone with his talent.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I have a bad feeling that none of the cast members will benefit from playing ping pong here, and that this is simply another chance to have Ilima impress everyone with his talent.

This has quickly turned into one of those situations that due to the lack of titles going forward (which means A. they're hiding something, or B. it means absolutely nothing), that this episode only interests me because it will have the preview for the following week.

ShadowForce720

This has quickly turned into one of those situations that due to the lack of titles going forward (which means A. they're hiding something, or B. it means absolutely nothing), that this episode only interests me because it will have the preview for the following week.

Speaking of lacking new episode titles I'm really hoping that we get new episode titles soon and that the reason we haven't got any new episode titles yet isn't because of them deciding to have March 22 being a break week where no new episode airs that week. As for this episode don't get me wrong it's not that I don't like Ilima but, I really don't see the point in specifically having Illima teach Ash and the others about Poke-Ping Pong and get them really interested in the first half of the episode and for the only thing for that to amount to is then to turn around and have Ash and the others do nothing else with it except for just watch Illima participate in a Poke-Ping Pong tournament, I don't see why they couldn't just have Ash and maybe some of the others enter the Tournament as well especially considering the fact that they had no problem putting Jessie with her Wobbuffet in the tournament.

I hope there is something more to this episode.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Honestly a break after this one wouldn't surprise me, we're kind of due for one.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I can't believe we're in a 2 title situation again. I'm just going to assume they're hiding something. Especially if we don't get any titles before this week's episode airs.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Nah. Episode titles are rarely delayed because they're hiding something.

I think it's more likely March 22nd will be a break, and that's why we haven't gotten more titles yet.

Vipsoccermaster

With just the two Ilima episodes remaining, it's not too bad. We've been in situations where there was only one title remaining before new ones came to speculate about. But I do agree with Golden_Latias on the likelihood of having a break soon--we have not had one since Thursday, January 4, 2018.

I don't believe Ilima will return after his two focus episodes. It's just these two. Ilima could return later as a cameo or something, though; that would be good.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Considering that the Pokémon Company and the producers put quite a lot of promotion on both Ilima and Eevee's appearances in this episode and the last one, especially on one Pokénchi episode featuring the voice actor cosplaying as Ilima with an Eevee plush, I would highly expect a break to occur after that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hopefully the next episodes get back to the ultra quest cuz these random aren't all too interesting tbh :/...

Status
Not open for further replies.