• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 15th: SM66 - Smashing with Sketch! The Fierce Poké-Ping Pong Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

Saw the new preview with Wobbuffet and Smeargle in a Counter face-off.

Nice to see Wobbuffet finally using a move in SM, even if it's likely only to be jobbed.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If they keep Ilima as a teacher, they better keep Acerola as a classmate.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nothing too surprising from the VA list, but a Mienfoo there.....I guess that could be an interesting Pokemon to have in a Ping Pong tournament. And glad that Wobbufet is finally getting to use a move in SM.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So Ash and his friends do get to play Poké-Ping-Pong. They just don't get to participate in the actual tournament itself. Doesn't make it any less of a letdown. If there isn't some reference to Ash having played Poké-Ping-Pong before, then I'm going to be severely disappointed. SM has done a decent job of acknowledging continuity so far, even if mostly in small ways. Don't screw up your record, writers!

I'm going to guess the Ping-Pong player with the Mienshao is the one who beat Ilima in the previous year's tournament. And since this is Pokémon, Ilima is probably going to beat said player this time, unless the writers decide to insert another lesson about how winning isn't everything and the experience is more important than the victory, or something like that.

Given the writers' track record with Team Rocket so far in this series, I don't expect too much from Jessie and Wobbuffet. I certainly don't expect them to be much of a challenge for Ilima and his Smeargle.

DatsRight

Given the writers' track record with Team Rocket so far in this series, I don't expect too much from Jessie and Wobbuffet. I certainly don't expect them to be much of a challenge for Ilima and his Smeargle.

The preview shown they'll be holding on for a little while at least. Whether Ilima's just toying with them or has a secret trick up his sleeve is yet to be seen.

It is Wobbuffet. Usually when he's in action it's a sign TR put up a BIT more of a fight.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ayy, we can finally see Pokémon use moves to hit the ping pong balls, but James is spectating, because I'd like to see him participate and for like the first time the disguise totally doesn't look like Jessie.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, definitely seems like seeing the preview that the Mienshao trainer would be Ilima's main and final opponent in the ping pong tournament.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So...we've got Mallow enjoying herself, Lillie being a try hard, passionate Kiawe, Lana being extremely competent and Ash subject to the slapstick...

You could replace Ping Pong with Baseball and have the same outcome as 028...

Cannot say I'm thrilled about it

blob

So...we've got Mallow enjoying herself, Lillie being a try hard, passionate Kiawe, Lana being extremely competent and Ash subject to the slapstick...

Or replace 28 with this, because Wobbuffet is doing something.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

The sad part is that's probably the only screentime they'll get playing pingpong in the actual episode too.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
As said above, this preview almost feels the same as the baseball episode. Mallow is energetic, Kiawe is stupidly passionate, Lana is determined, and Lillie as usual is 'look at me, I'm trying sooo hard'. The only difference is that Ash doesn't seem to be as pathetic in ping-pong as he was in baseball.

I seriously hate Ilima after today's episode, and with the overall preview also seemingly dumb, I'm not interested at all for this episode. On the plus side, atleast Ilima will **** off after this episode, and will probably only appear for the league (where he hopefully gets his *** handed to him).

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The sad part is that's probably the only screentime they'll get playing pingpong in the actual episode too.

Fair enough, but this is meant to showcase Ilima, since he probably won't appear again or as regularly as Professor Burnet or Nurse Joy.

Also, yet another preview. They really want to advertise these episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5TLks9VFAI

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Fair enough, but this is meant to showcase Ilima, since he probably won't appear again or as regularly as Professor Burnet or Nurse Joy.

Also, yet another preview. They really want to advertise these episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5TLks9VFAI

I'm curious if Ilima is a fan-fav in Japan and that's why they did these, or if they'll eventually have Acerola and Mina in future arcs (we know Acerola is coming) and they just didn't want Ilima to be completely left out so they just gave him these two episodes..

Status
Not open for further replies.