• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 18th: PM2019 102 - Trial Mission: A Frozen Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

In my opinion Ash should attend Goh’s trial missions for support but not be involved. Goh doesn’t really help Ash with his training, and when it comes to the PWC he’s just Ash’s cheerleader. Sure he trained with Ash like twice in the earlier stages but Ash has been Goh’s partner for every mission so far lol

They are probably going to justify it with “Ash doesn’t want to miss out on an opportunity to battle Articuno”

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
People are complaining because it makes zero sense for Ash to be in this episode. His Charizard has beaten an Articuno in a 1v1 before, and if his new mons are anywhere near as strong as Zard was during Hoenn, then him being here is waaaaaaay overkill; especially since he isn't even actively participating in Project Mew. I'm not a huge fan of Goh (heck I'm not even slightly fond of his character), but even I think Ash has no business being in this episode.
Infernape would have destroyed Moltres. It made no sense for Gary and Ash to be nerfed so Goh could be at their level for that fight

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm scared guys...

I worry how poor Sirfetch'd will fare here.
It's battling alongside Pikachu and Lucario?
We saw what happened with Volker and Bea....

After thinking about it, I am glad Inteleon isn't here because they likely would've made him the fall guy for Cinderace.

I already know Goh's Darmanitan and Boldore are probably just here to job lol

Yeah yeah I know Type Advantages and stuff but since has the Anime ever given a frick about that?

ShadowForce720

I'm scared guys...

I worry how poor Sirfetch'd will fare here.
It's battling alongside Pikachu and Lucario?
We saw what happened with Volker and Bea....

After thinking about it, I am glad Inteleon isn't here because they likely would've made him the fall guy for Cinderace.

I already know Goh's Darmanitan and Boldore are probably just here to job lol

Yeah yeah I know Type Advantages and stuff but since has the Anime ever given a frick about that?
And yet Pikachu and Scorbunny lost to the Giant Golurk, so. Look while it’s true that there have been cases where a Pokémon has overcomes a type disadvantage where type advantages don’t come into play as much.

It’s also true that there are also instances where type advantages do come into play. Because if the anime truly didn’t care about type advantages to the extent that some people think then, Pikachu would not be losing to Golurk or some of the other Pokémon that it lost to specifically because of it being at a type disadvantage.

Rune Knight

The difference here is that Gary is actively trying to become a member of Project Mew, while Ash is there as Goh’s tagalong. If I somehow misunderstood, and you’re talking about how Ash’s presence also helps Gary…then people aren’t mad at him because he didn’t need Ash’s presence for the rest of the trials.

Sorry, maybe I should have worded what I said better. In my defense I was trying to sound smart and professional.

I was more so referring to the fact that the way people are describing Ash helping out Goh should by definition also apply to Gary being outside assistance and a powerful one that, since even though he no longer focuses on battling he is an incredibly strong trainer who has been on par with Ash for a long time and even won against him in their last battle using Electivire.

Though one could argue that Gary doesn't apply since he is a member within project Mew, but still.

nuzamaki90

Sorry, maybe I should have worded what I said better. In my defense I was trying to sound smart and professional.

I was more so referring to the fact that the way people are describing Ash helping out Goh should by definition also apply to Gary being outside assistance and a powerful one that, since even though he no longer focuses on battling he is an incredibly strong trainer who has been on par with Ash for a long time and even won against him in their last battle using Electivire.

Though one could argue that Gary doesn't apply since he is a member within project Mew, but still.
Yeah that point doesn’t really stand since Gary and Tokio are almost certainly doing the same Trial Mission. The clear condition might be a Articuno feather like with Moltres or simply who’s the first to defeat it in battle.

Rune Knight

Yeah that point doesn’t really stand since Gary and Tokio are almost certainly doing the same Trial Mission. The clear condition might be a Articuno feather like with Moltres or simply who’s the first to defeat it in battle.

Yes, but why should that stop other trainers from getting involved? It's not like Project Mew has the rights to Articuno making it exclusive to their cause.

Also even if Ash wasn't involved, the fact that three people who are trying to become members agreed on an alliance gives them a huge advantage over others who are trying qualify on their own.

The fact that Ash is here doesn't change the concept that it could be labelled as unfair. Like, what if some other random Champion like Cynthia or Leon just happened to be in the Seafoam Islands at the same time as the trial mission, are they just supposed to stay out of it even though they have nothing to do with the organization?

I like to believe that Ash is choosing to help out Goh not to make it so that he is guaranteed a spot within Project Mew, but because it's also fun for him. It's not everyday that someone gets to battle a legendary Pokémon.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Just saw the preview , that a lot going on in this episode , totally see this gonna be so rush
Meeting , reunion and 12 Pokémon that a lot

Kinda agree with last page discussions about ash, I wish he didn’t join

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Sirfetch’d jobbing against Articuno is hardly the quality screentime I wanted to see for it. Also, ‘they’re not Charizard‘ doesn’hold up when these mons are potentially going up against one of the strongest Trainers in the world. Nolan, in comparison, was a mere Frontier Brain defeated du]ring the middle stages of Ash’s career as a trainer.
Ig a more substantial discussion about this point would only be plausible when the episode actually airs and we see how it unfolds, but I still stand by the point that Ash being involved isn't an issue as it's made out to be from all the episodes we have seen yet atleast

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Gary:Yare yare.
Me:Where is Leon in all of this?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yay a Pokemon we have seen 10000000000000 times in the past 25 years.
But atleast Gerry is here...

MartínK

Gary leading the raid makes perfect sense, he's the most experienced (Ash is not part of the trails so he can not lead or the trial loses his purpose)

Looking the preview this Articuno is portrayed very strong just like Moltres and i think that isn't gonna be catched but i could be wrong (About the catching part)

Blood Red

【推しの子】
One thing I gotta give Journeys credit for is that it knows its one core strength (returning characters) and it's definitely quite generous when giving us more of that. Seeing Gary actually become a recurring character again is quite refreshing, even though it's not as Ash's rival (and tbh it does make some sense that he's not, since Gary gave up being a Trainer many, many years ago).

PAndrews

Infernape would have destroyed Moltres. It made no sense for Gary and Ash to be nerfed so Goh could be at their level for that fight
Moltres had a type advantage due to being part flying and Infernape pretty much only had fire and fighting moves (not very effective against a fire bird) and didn't activate blaze, so why should it have destroyed Moltres? If anything Moltres is the worst matchup of the 3 birds for Infernape due to both a type disadvantage and all its attacks being not very effective (at least with Zapdos it does normal damage and super effective against Articuno)

As for Goh, the entire episode focussed on him being literal deadweight, he failed every capture, failed to even take a photo and hsi Cinderace needed saving. Goh was quite literally portrayed as far below Ash and Gary's level in this episode (their Pokemon fought Moltress on even ground while Cinderace needed saving the second it entered the battle). If anything they nerfed Goh since the only thing he's good at is throwing pokeballs and he failed at that several times in this episode just to get a scene of Gary saving them.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Ash is making big strides in the PWC, is it time to invest all of my copium into believing the writers will have Goh catch Articuno as his 100th pokemon?

With everything that is happening here it feels like no chance. I don't think Goh shows Gary up yet.

Though the M8 is coming up quick and they need to wrap up PM.

PAndrews

Ash is making big strides in the PWC, is it time to invest all of my copium into believing the writers will have Goh catch Articuno as his 100th pokemon?

With everything that is happening here it feels like no chance. I don't think Goh shows Gary up yet.

Though the M8 is coming up quick and they need to wrap up PM.
If the writers do decide to make capture nr 100 a legendary then hopefully this isn't it (honestly hopefully it isn't a legendary period since Goh isn't remotely close to that level).

If Goh captures a legendary then have him battle it properly on his own with no help (this is literally a 4vs1 battle). Even back in the BF Ash showed he was capable of beating a legendary 1on1, so if they want to give Goh one, have him do the same and truly earn it (he already has enough freebies that other people did most of the work for, even Suicune was literally stolen from the poachers that actually beat it)

There is also the fact that this is basically "Kanto Suicune", so surely there are better choices in terms of legendaries (or is he getting Regice next just to complete the water/ice member of the trios)
Though wouldn't be surprised if the writers aren't keeping count and he catches something generic like a Zigzagoon as nr 100 or they just reveal another 20+ offscreen captures (meaning he already reached 100 ages ago) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.