• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 19th: PM2019 060 - Aim to Become Leek Master! Stay With Me, Chivalry!!

AsH KetcHHup

While trying to get the resolve to defend the tiny bird, he fulfills his evolution requirements and evolves into Sirfetch'd.
Nice idea but I don't think a pokemon bully would be a cool and dramatic way of it evolving. I also don't see how that contributes to his goal of becoming a leek master. I can see it happening in a separate episode so that rokidee has a relationship with farfetch'd that is similar to that of meltan and rowlet. Basically, it could happen but not in this episode.

KenzeyEevee

I want to scream and shout and let it all out
I just thought of something. In my previous post I mentioned how I wanted this episode to be in Kalos in which Ash visits the Battle Chateau again and where Farfetch'd evolves. It makes too much sense thematically. I still want it to happen.

Another thing that they could do is lean more into what Wikstrom was saying regarding Farfetch'd and chivalry in which a knight fights for his master and helps the weak and defenseless. So far, in Farfetch'd's episodes we've only really dealt with personal strength and until last week's episode Farfetch'd didn't seem to care about Ash as a person, only as a means to get stronger.

So where I am going with this is what if the kids visit Galar again and they encounter a Rokidee that's being bullied by another Pokémon. Farfetch'd jumps and saves the little Rokidee from an attack. While trying to get the resolve to defend the tiny bird, he fulfills his evolution requirements and evolves into Sirfetch'd.

That's where the "Stay With Me" part comes in from the episode title. Rokidee wants to stay with Sirfetch'd in order to learn about being a knight. So Ash catches Rokidee, which comes an "apprentice" to Sirfetch'd. It would lean perfectly with the rookie - squire - knight theme of its evolutionary line.

Sirfetch'd could be the the tough but well meaning dad and Dragonite can be the lovable hugging mom lmao.
Too farfetched lol

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Farfechted is really weird. Normally Satoshi forms a bond with a pokemon in the same ep,but did he really do that with Farfechted?
The duck is mainly with Ash for the memes. That's basically its entire reason to be a "recurring" Pokemon.

Imagine bonding with a Mudkip without making a twitching smile.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Least this aint Toei who rarely does anything good with rare exceptions like One Piece’s Wano arc (now that’s quality) lmao.

Tiger Mask W, Kyousougiga, GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018), World Trigger: Second Season, and older PreCure series say differently. This doesn't even begin to cover Doremi's masterful directing, the Hosoda, Yama'uchi and Imamura Digimon films, the first three episodes of Digimon Adventure (2020) or Dragon Ball Super: Broli. Toei's been getting better lately for sure. The scheduling is so good on Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2019) that Shida Naotoshi has been able to pump out a ton of high-quality scenes, in addition to several other animators. Scheduling on World Trigger: Second Season Episode #2 was good enough for Oota Akihiro to turn in a solo key animation episode complete with even more high-quality animation than Iwane Masa'aki normally has time for in his episodes.

mehmeh1

SOBA MASK
Tiger Mask W, Kyousougiga, GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018), World Trigger: Second Season, and older PreCure series say differently. This doesn't even begin to cover Doremi's masterful directing, the Hosoda, Yama'uchi and Imamura Digimon films, the first three episodes of Digimon Adventure (2020) or Dragon Ball Super: Broli. Toei's been getting better lately for sure. The scheduling is so good on Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2019) that Shida Naotoshi has been able to pump out a ton of high-quality scenes, in addition to several other animators. Scheduling on World Trigger: Second Season Episode #2 was good enough for Oota Akihiro to turn in a solo key animation episode complete with even more high-quality animation than Iwane Masa'aki normally has time for in his episodes.
I'm impressed tbh, since from what I had heard Toei seemed like the epitome of the "working their animators down to a bone in crunch time while paying them pennies" situation

Master Pikachu 11

I just thought of something. In my previous post I mentioned how I wanted this episode to be in Kalos in which Ash visits the Battle Chateau again and where Farfetch'd evolves. It makes too much sense thematically. I still want it to happen.

Another thing that they could do is lean more into what Wikstrom was saying regarding Farfetch'd and chivalry in which a knight fights for his master and helps the weak and defenseless. So far, in Farfetch'd's episodes we've only really dealt with personal strength and until last week's episode Farfetch'd didn't seem to care about Ash as a person, only as a means to get stronger.

So where I am going with this is what if the kids visit Galar again and they encounter a Rokidee that's being bullied by another Pokémon. Farfetch'd jumps and saves the little Rokidee from an attack. While trying to get the resolve to defend the tiny bird, he fulfills his evolution requirements and evolves into Sirfetch'd.

That's where the "Stay With Me" part comes in from the episode title. Rokidee wants to stay with Sirfetch'd in order to learn about being a knight. So Ash catches Rokidee, which comes an "apprentice" to Sirfetch'd. It would lean perfectly with the rookie - squire - knight theme of its evolutionary line.

Sirfetch'd could be the the tough but well meaning dad and Dragonite can be the lovable hugging mom lmao.
It would be even better if the Rookidee is the same one from the Dracovish episode that liked sitting on Ash’s head.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
OLM Asia only does in-betweening and paint.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Least this aint Toei who rarely does anything good with rare exceptions like One Piece’s Wano arc (now that’s quality) lmao.

This. So much. Even the worst looking episode of Journeys is better than some of the stuff Toei's put.

The scheduling is so good on Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2019) that Shida Naotoshi has been able to pump out a ton of high-quality scenes, in addition to several other animators.

I think that as for Dragon Quest, there's probably some Square Enix's involvement on ensuring a good product specially since it's a reintroduction to that classic.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I'm impressed tbh, since from what I had heard Toei seemed like the epitome of the "working their animators down to a bone in crunch time while paying them pennies" situation

Since the new studio opened up a year or two ago they now no longer allow staff to work outside of studio operation hours. While this doesn't solve the issue of quality due to now having less time to insure quality (unless episodes are scheduled well in advanced) the studio is kind of trying. Similarly, it's being transphobic to transgender staff, so Toei Animation can still go to Hell.

KenzeyEevee

I want to scream and shout and let it all out
Or its vs the galade trainer
Or its vs a strong fighting type
We have seen more fighting types then in any other series.
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Grappalot
Bewear/stuffel
Hawlucha
Riolu/Lucario
Gurdurr
Mankey
Haryiama
Throw/Sawk
Poliwrath
G. Farfechted
And others...

Pteranodonte

Yeah, that is too good of a plot line to happen in Pokémon, as much as I'd love that to happen.