• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 19th: PM2019 060 - Aim to Become Leek Master! Stay With Me, Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

I just thought of something. In my previous post I mentioned how I wanted this episode to be in Kalos in which Ash visits the Battle Chateau again and where Farfetch'd evolves. It makes too much sense thematically. I still want it to happen.

Another thing that they could do is lean more into what Wikstrom was saying regarding Farfetch'd and chivalry in which a knight fights for his master and helps the weak and defenseless. So far, in Farfetch'd's episodes we've only really dealt with personal strength and until last week's episode Farfetch'd didn't seem to care about Ash as a person, only as a means to get stronger.

So where I am going with this is what if the kids visit Galar again and they encounter a Rokidee that's being bullied by another Pokémon. Farfetch'd jumps and saves the little Rokidee from an attack. While trying to get the resolve to defend the tiny bird, he fulfills his evolution requirements and evolves into Sirfetch'd.

That's where the "Stay With Me" part comes in from the episode title. Rokidee wants to stay with Sirfetch'd in order to learn about being a knight. So Ash catches Rokidee, which comes an "apprentice" to Sirfetch'd. It would lean perfectly with the rookie - squire - knight theme of its evolutionary line.

Sirfetch'd could be the the tough but well meaning dad and Dragonite can be the lovable hugging mom lmao.
Too farfetched lol

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Least this aint Toei who rarely does anything good with rare exceptions like One Piece’s Wano arc (now that’s quality) lmao.

Tiger Mask W, Kyousougiga, GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018), World Trigger: Second Season, and older PreCure series say differently. This doesn't even begin to cover Doremi's masterful directing, the Hosoda, Yama'uchi and Imamura Digimon films, the first three episodes of Digimon Adventure (2020) or Dragon Ball Super: Broli. Toei's been getting better lately for sure. The scheduling is so good on Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2019) that Shida Naotoshi has been able to pump out a ton of high-quality scenes, in addition to several other animators. Scheduling on World Trigger: Second Season Episode #2 was good enough for Oota Akihiro to turn in a solo key animation episode complete with even more high-quality animation than Iwane Masa'aki normally has time for in his episodes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tiger Mask W, Kyousougiga, GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018), World Trigger: Second Season, and older PreCure series say differently. This doesn't even begin to cover Doremi's masterful directing, the Hosoda, Yama'uchi and Imamura Digimon films, the first three episodes of Digimon Adventure (2020) or Dragon Ball Super: Broli. Toei's been getting better lately for sure. The scheduling is so good on Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2019) that Shida Naotoshi has been able to pump out a ton of high-quality scenes, in addition to several other animators. Scheduling on World Trigger: Second Season Episode #2 was good enough for Oota Akihiro to turn in a solo key animation episode complete with even more high-quality animation than Iwane Masa'aki normally has time for in his episodes.
I'm impressed tbh, since from what I had heard Toei seemed like the epitome of the "working their animators down to a bone in crunch time while paying them pennies" situation

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm impressed tbh, since from what I had heard Toei seemed like the epitome of the "working their animators down to a bone in crunch time while paying them pennies" situation
They technically still are.

Master Pikachu 11

I just thought of something. In my previous post I mentioned how I wanted this episode to be in Kalos in which Ash visits the Battle Chateau again and where Farfetch'd evolves. It makes too much sense thematically. I still want it to happen.

Another thing that they could do is lean more into what Wikstrom was saying regarding Farfetch'd and chivalry in which a knight fights for his master and helps the weak and defenseless. So far, in Farfetch'd's episodes we've only really dealt with personal strength and until last week's episode Farfetch'd didn't seem to care about Ash as a person, only as a means to get stronger.

So where I am going with this is what if the kids visit Galar again and they encounter a Rokidee that's being bullied by another Pokémon. Farfetch'd jumps and saves the little Rokidee from an attack. While trying to get the resolve to defend the tiny bird, he fulfills his evolution requirements and evolves into Sirfetch'd.

That's where the "Stay With Me" part comes in from the episode title. Rokidee wants to stay with Sirfetch'd in order to learn about being a knight. So Ash catches Rokidee, which comes an "apprentice" to Sirfetch'd. It would lean perfectly with the rookie - squire - knight theme of its evolutionary line.

Sirfetch'd could be the the tough but well meaning dad and Dragonite can be the lovable hugging mom lmao.
It would be even better if the Rookidee is the same one from the Dracovish episode that liked sitting on Ash’s head.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
OLM Asia only does in-betweening and paint.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Least this aint Toei who rarely does anything good with rare exceptions like One Piece’s Wano arc (now that’s quality) lmao.

This. So much. Even the worst looking episode of Journeys is better than some of the stuff Toei's put.

The scheduling is so good on Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2019) that Shida Naotoshi has been able to pump out a ton of high-quality scenes, in addition to several other animators.

I think that as for Dragon Quest, there's probably some Square Enix's involvement on ensuring a good product specially since it's a reintroduction to that classic.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto

Since the new studio opened up a year or two ago they now no longer allow staff to work outside of studio operation hours. While this doesn't solve the issue of quality due to now having less time to insure quality (unless episodes are scheduled well in advanced) the studio is kind of trying. Similarly, it's being transphobic to transgender staff, so Toei Animation can still go to Hell.

D

Deleted member 384931

Or its vs the galade trainer
Or its vs a strong fighting type
We have seen more fighting types then in any other series.
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Grappalot
Bewear/stuffel
Hawlucha
Riolu/Lucario
Gurdurr
Mankey
Haryiama
Throw/Sawk
Poliwrath
G. Farfechted
And others...

Pteranodonte

Yeah, that is too good of a plot line to happen in Pokémon, as much as I'd love that to happen.

Pteranodonte

Yeah me too, I am hoping for it. The opening gave it away, and the Rookidee in ep 50 stayed on Ash's head for too long than a split-second
Yeah, the Rookidee on the head of Dragonite and the one that stayed on Ash's head for a whole segment are kinda suspiscious... I hope Ash really ends up catching one and evolving it into Corviknight, so he'll have 2 knight Pokémon.

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
Yeah, the Rookidee on the head of Dragonite and the one that stayed on Ash's head for a whole segment are kinda suspiscious... I hope Ash really ends up catching one and evolving it into Corviknight, so he'll have 2 knight Pokémon.
I think Dragonite could serve as Rookidee's elder bro figure or Kamon can serve as the elder brother figure, because one can fly and the other is a bird. Ash should have a bird in the series, that's a must. Now will that be only Kamon, or can we have another. Type overlapping doesn't seem like a problem, because Kalos did it and Lucario/Kamon and Dragonite/Dracovish. I need to see Rookidee with Ash. But let's get back to this episode.

Kamon should evolve. But the opening still had Kamon unevolved during the Galar Adventures saga. The opening can lie but can also spoil. So I think it is either spoiling Rookidee and Ponyta's capture and lying about Kamon not evolving. Or it is just spoiling that Kamon won't evolve and Rookidee is just a lie. While Ponyta is pretty much reserved.

Sukuna

I think Dragonite could serve as Rookidee's elder bro figure or Kamon can serve as the elder brother figure, because one can fly and the other is a bird. Ash should have a bird in the series, that's a must. Now will that be only Kamon, or can we have another. Type overlapping doesn't seem like a problem, because Kalos did it and Lucario/Kamon and Dragonite/Dracovish. I need to see Rookidee with Ash. But let's get back to this episode.

Kamon should evolve. But the opening still had Kamon unevolved during the Galar Adventures saga. The opening can lie but can also spoil. So I think it is either spoiling Rookidee and Ponyta's capture and lying about Kamon not evolving. Or it is just spoiling that Kamon won't evolve and Rookidee is just a lie. While Ponyta is pretty much reserved.
That would be a good way to give dragonite some focus. But I highly doubt that this would happen. The writers hate dragonite and gengar for some reason.

Mike999246

I hope Farfetch'd doesn't evolve here, Ik it requires 3 crits in 1 match to evolve, but I want it to get more than 3 episodes development pre-evo... I wanna see it whack more things with it's giant leek xD

Atleast then we could maybe see Sirfetch'd struggle to go from hitting things with a two-handed heavy leek, to using a faster and deadlier one-handed sword and a shield in the other hand.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Farfetch is likely to evolve.

When he takes Grookey as Goh, the focus of the anime will be the development of Grookey or Sobble.

I think Sobble will improve. The scene where he admires Intellion and the scene where Riolu looks at Mega Lucario is the same.

It's a good time to have new Pokemon coming to Ash and focus on Dracovish.

And Sirfetch and Lucario help each other grow.

Cindrace and Lucario's relationship is more like a friend than a rival.

Lucario and Sirfaetch can be like rivals because they are of the same type.

Status
Not open for further replies.