• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 19th: PM2019 060 - Aim to Become Leek Master! Stay With Me, Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Goh ends up being a finalist but he hid his progress from Ash and then Goh beats Ash before Goh gets taken down by Leon.
But why would Goh lose to leon? He can easily beat Leon with his full team of legendaries.

Ryker101

Ngl I’m looking forward to seeing the preview for this than I am for grookey’s capture.

Also Ash you better not jump another 200 ranks offscreen. Like imagine if they make Rinto hyper class but they can still battle cause Ash has actually reached it too. Ah who am kidding, they’d never make Ash enter a class offscreen. Especially right before he faces his rival, right anipoke?

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
In hindsight Kamonegi’s development’s pacing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Happy for the focus but the leap frogging is kind of unbearable. It appears and loses to Riolu (who got all his training offscreen) then is a practice test dummy for Saito and Riolu. Then nothing until it appears as a badass with a full move set...then it learns Detect (doesn’t really seem like a big achievement since..well it already could be revealed with moves offscreen before...? Guess this helps with Rinto.) Now we’re onto evolution.

Taking a step back the development feels *kind* of rushed and leap-frog fish. I’m hoping this isn’t the end of its casual screen time but man for a series where Satoshi is catching “cool” Pokémon the writers have been kind of jumping the shark with their developments, characterizations and focus. Aside from Lucario I don’t really feel like any of them are properly installed as “members” of Satoshi if that makes sense.

As for Rinto—-I kind of wish he wasn’t a PWC battler. I find it a bit more interesting if he was just a regular trainer influencing the narrative rather than conventionally also wanting to fight Dande. Oh whale—hoping for that ensemble episode of the team as a unit or some type of personality development for them and some wins.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

You know, normally a rival has an emotional bond with Satoshi. Here? Not.
Like Paul vs Satoshi, Infernape vs electrivire
Like Alain vs Satoshi Greninja vs Charizard.
I feel like Sirfechted is gonna get shafted for a) a new pokemon b) Pikachu again
I must say I am impressed:1 year and 3 months and he has a fully evolved team (except Pikachu and who knows follows)

dman_dustin

In hindsight Kamonegi’s development’s pacing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Happy for the focus but the leap frogging is kind of unbearable. It appears and loses to Riolu (who got all his training offscreen) then is a practice test dummy for Saito and Riolu. Then nothing until it appears as a badass with a full move set...then it learns Detect (doesn’t really seem like a big achievement since..well it already could be revealed with moves offscreen before...? Guess this helps with Rinto.) Now we’re onto evolution.

Taking a step back the development feels *kind* of rushed and leap-frog fish. I’m hoping this isn’t the end of its casual screen time but man for a series where Satoshi is catching “cool” Pokémon the writers have been kind of jumping the shark with their developments, characterizations and focus. Aside from Lucario I don’t really feel like any of them are properly installed as “members” of Satoshi if that makes sense.

As for Rinto—-I kind of wish he wasn’t a PWC battler. I find it a bit more interesting if he was just a regular trainer influencing the narrative rather than conventionally also wanting to fight Dande. Oh whale—hoping for that ensemble episode of the team as a unit or some type of personality development for them and some wins.

Its better than what Riolu got. Who only beats Farfetch'd in random one off appearances.

AsH KetcHHup

Yeah, I hoped he was just a rival for farfetch'd and not a pwc trainer. Also, I don't want Ash to advance in the ranks too quickly because I was hoping for lots and lots of returning trainers but it only looks like they're going to bring a handful back.
I hope we see whether Farfetch'd kept Focus Energy or Brutal Swing.

Right now the only confirmed ones are Fury Cutter, Night Slash, and Detect.
Probably forgot focus energy and will lose brutal swing for meteor mash when it evolves as I don't see it using brutal swing with the sword.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I do really hope Farfetched doesn’t evolve just now. Think he should win on his own. Evolution still can happen.

I swear if Gallade can mega-evolve, I am gonna call him Wally
Mega Gallade actually hasn't appeared in the anime yet, even with 2 Gallades appearing with COTDs in XY

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Personally, I wouldn't call his JN animation great. The way he draws Ash and Goh looks very off, especially Goh. He shines with his expressiveness and exaggerations, but we haven't seen much of that this series. I see him as more of an average animator but with fluid animation. I will admit, his work in the Suicune episode looked good (probably due to the corrections). I'd be fine with him working on this episode since he's had experience drawing G-Farfetch'd and has bank animation already made, but I'm glad we get to see other people working on a battle and animating Farfetch'd.

1. On-model does not good animation make.
2. There is literally nothing average about Iwane. This guy is the only animator in the world to regularly key animate episodes by himself with good animation, a variety of animation (mecha, action, liquids, effects, character acting, beams) and is able to do so in every rotation while also doing action animation for other episodes, specials and films between his episodes. Iwane is so under-celebrated for the insane, impossible things he does.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
As usual. lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.