1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

March 1st: PM2019 015: Snow Day: Where is Karakara's Bone?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I wonder if Gou will get one or will he just focus on getting Cubone's bone back from them?

2. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I think Gou will get the Mankey that steals the bone and that one is the one that has a different voice actor than the others who share the same voice actor.

Red and Blue likes this.
  3. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well I guess we can assume Ash reunited with his old Pokemon offscreen :p

RLC, Bortgreen, Kawaii Emolga and 4 others like this.
  4. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

To hell with that.

They wasted an opportunity to not have Ash go to Professor Oak's Lab.

5. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

I'm guessing they show up in the first two minutes before Go decides to go home, which is going to be a recurring theme in the voice lists

6. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this episode, looks good! If I'm reading this right maybe will have a full team with him? Probably Mankey and Cubone will be caught by him.

It's almot a full episode dedicated to Go and his development, nice!

Maybe Ash will only appear for a bit but I hope we get at least a Oak's lab episode eventually, I'd be so happy if Ash sent his mons to Sakuragi park/lab so they can interact with Go's.

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  7. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Except in both of the summaries it is implied that Go has other pokemon with him and not just Scorbunny, for instance they wouldn't say Go and the others decide to help Cubone search for it's bone if it was just Go and Scorbunny. So it seems likely that Go is going to take at the very least one of his pokemon or a couple of them with him back home and have them help out searching for the Cubone's bone.

8. dman_dustin

I could live with this episode, I just wish the circumstances of this episode were different.

Because they're just screwing Ash over at this point and odds are there's not going to be an episode to make up for it, except at best at the end of the generation, and even then it's probably just going to be a stupid picture (at least it'll be updated I guess).

9. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

*sniff*
    *sniff*

What is that?

Wait, do I smell wasted potential? Ah, you shouldn't have...

---

There's still potential for this episode to be good, so I won't outright claim it's bad, but for the love of God...

Kawaii Emolga and Ignition like this.
  10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Remember this is a Go episode not an Ash one. If they crammed in Oak's lab that would have taken away time from Go and his family conflict.

11. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

So Go is a lonely kid whose parents are often away at work. Poor kid.

Oh, hey. Maybe Ash will relate with him by talking about his fat-

*gets shot*

12. dman_dustin

The Koharu episode dealt with Gengar, so I'm not sure why they couldn't divide the screen time between the two, especially since we're not going to get an Ash version of this episode.

Like I said, I wish the circumstances of this episode were different. Maybe Go hears about his parents potentially coming home and wants to meet them, while Ash gets stuck dealing with something else.

It didn't need to be "They both go home to their own houses" and completely cut Ash out of that type of story.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  13. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

That's not the same thing because if you look at it Koharu's plot also tied back into the whole Gengar thing when she got attack by the Gengar. Plus all that happened when it came to Gengar was really Ash and Go just chasing it around trying to catch and failing so not really that much. Ash's visiting Oak's lab would really have nothing to do with the plot revolving around Go, and it would be more better for the plot of Ash visiting Oak's lab to be a separate episode from this so that we can have plenty of time to see more of Ash's pokemon rather then having to rush through it.

Plus in regards to the argument "It didn't need to be "They both go home to their own houses" and completely cut Ash out of that type of story" considering that were likely going to have episodes where it's most of the episode will be Ash without Go, then considering the fact that Go is a main character that is being portrayed as being just as important to Ash, then it ridiculous that Ash can have episode where Go doesn't show up a lot and only shows up for a few seconds but then to turn around in say that we can't have the inverse.

Also let's be clear no offence but if you read the very first summary for this episode it was pretty obvious that Ash wasn't going to show up that much in this episode when it didn't say anything about Ash going with Gou to his house. Just like Go doesn't have to be shown doing something important during every episode that is focus on Ash, the reverse should also be the case as there is really no reason to really show that much of Ash in this episode when it's focused on Gou. While it's nice when Ash gets focus at the same time that doesn't mean that should just be jammed into the majority of a episode that is not focused on him just for the heck of it.

Go getting a episode to himself that focuses on him where Ash doesn't appear but for a few seconds isn't screwing over Ash, likewise the reverse is also true when it comes to an episode that focus on Ash but only has Go appear for a few seconds.

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

This episode was billed as a Gou episode from the very beginning though, so I'm surprised that some people were expecting Satoshi to be focused on. Him meeting up with Hanako can just happen in a later episode, although I'm slightly stunned that people even want to see her again.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  15. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Hey that's not fair. Kukui does sometimes make time to play with Ash and invite a deity as a partner.

16. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

So? Would anyone actually give a damn?

Most of us have been craving a lab episode for years and still feel cheated by the half-assed one SM gave us. This should have been a two parter where Ash gets to reunite with his lab Pokemon and bring back Gible(Cause Garchomp) and show how the Unova and Kalos Pokemon are doing there along with letting the Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh ones get a bit of spotlight.

If Ash just pops up and tosses out Gible randomly I'm gonna be annoyed. Show don't tell, I'd like to see Gible make the decision to go and see all my other favorites like Hawlucha, the only good Charizard in the entire anime, Bulbasaur, Heracross, Krookodile, Snivy, Sceptile, Torkoal, Snorlax, etc. Couldn't care less about Go's family life

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  17. I feel like cubone will turn out to be Ditto.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  18. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

But a little scene with Ash and Koharu with theirs families woudn't take a long time, just to show Ash and his mom having some interation and show that Koharu still exist.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. I think this will be an ejoyable episode

wolf jani likes this.
  20. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I hope that Ash won't do anything significant in this episode expect appearing briefly at the beginning. I'm hoping this for the maximum salt of course.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.