• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

March 1st: SM64 - Satoshi and Nagetukesaru! A Touchdown of Friendship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
I must admit, the Pokenchi preview did suggest the possibility of a capture.

However, there has been literally nothing else hinting at Passimian being caught. No merchandise, no major hints in the opening, nothing. And while I know Steenee and Charjabug happened with very little hints as well, I would think a team change for Ash would be a bigger deal than Mallow or Sophocles.

Unless alolan Andrew and greninja who had been in the march merchandise hopefully we get episodes involving thwm

Leonhart

Imagineer
I must admit, the Pokenchi preview did suggest the possibility of a capture.

However, there has been literally nothing else hinting at Passimian being caught. No merchandise, no major hints in the opening, nothing. And while I know Steenee and Charjabug happened with very little hints as well, I would think a team change for Ash would be a bigger deal than Mallow or Sophocles.

Even I have to agree that in spite of the newest preview, the odds of Satoshi ending up with a Nagetukesaru here seem bleak. His team is integral, so we almost definitely would've had major foreshadowing weeks or even months in advance if he was going to capture Nagetukesaru in this episode.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Pokenchi preview honestly made an impression that a capture is still possible. Yeah, the chances of a capture are still less than the chances of not a capture, but still it seems like that Ash is bonding with a specific Passimian.

But that doesn't mean that there will be a capture. Ash has bonded with Pokemon without catching them before. There's also no mechandise, no spoilers, none of that. If Passimian was going to get caught I bet that we would have major foreshadowing weeks or even months in advance.

Red and Blue

Oh boy, people are starting to get their hopes up. It's shiny Phantump all over again.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Excuse people for having hopes. It's better than saying it's "basically", "definitely" or "obviously" confirmed because your personal opinion/perception or using flawed patterns from past series/episodes to make your argument. You're free to think something isn't happening, but to act like anyone who's thinking otherwise is looking for the improbable is wrong (or that's the way you're making it seem).

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't think anyone here is saying it can't or won't happen or that it's confirmed that Ash won't capture Passimian. I think many, including myself, view it as unlikely possibility and nothing more.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
But that doesn't mean that there will be a capture. Ash has bonded with Pokemon without catching them before. There's also no mechandise, no spoilers, none of that. If Passimian was going to get caught I bet that we would have major foreshadowing weeks or even months in advance.

Read my post carefully. I never said that a capture is confirmed or so, and even acknowledged that the chances of no captures are higher that a capture. But the way Ash is shown bonding with a single Passimian in the Pokenchi preview at least raises the chances of a capture than it was before.

And a capture doesn't always need to be foreshadowed. Remember Palpitoad?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Read my post carefully. I never said that a capture is confirmed or so, and even acknowledged that the chances of no captures are higher that a capture. But the way Ash is shown bonding with a single Passimian in the Pokenchi preview at least raises the chances of a capture than it was before.

And a capture doesn't always need to be foreshadowed. Remember Palpitoad?

I took that comment as meaning that a capture is confirmed. Sorry I misunderstood you.

Zariful

I’m just still confused why they would spoil Litten’s evolution in that poster. But keep it as a Litten in the opening and ending. Sure they changed the ending to include Torracat. But also then Poipole is there and I’m so confused. It’d be nice if Ash caught the Passimian is all. Cause they’re having very cute interactions. And the title is nice!

Edit: Somebody pointed this out. In the opening, we see two Passimian roam around. But this group includes 3.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I’m just still confused why they would spoil Litten’s evolution in that poster. But keep it as a Litten in the opening and ending. Sure they changed the ending to include Torracat. But also then Poipole is there and I’m so confused. It’d be nice if Ash caught the Passimian is all. Cause they’re having very cute interactions. And the title is nice!

Edit: Somebody pointed this out. In the opening, we see two Passimian roam around. But this group includes 3.
Because the poster and the opening and ending were created by two different groups of people. The poster designers decided to spoil Litten's evolution, while the animators who created the visuals for the opening and ending decided not to spoil Litten's evolution. It's as simple as that, and really, I don't think it's worth dwelling on too much.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Let's just wait and see whether or not Passimian gets caught.

Red and Blue

So Passimian wasn't in the VA list for next episode. Unless one of them shared a VA with another cast member

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Why would Ash keep a new capture in his Poke Ball in the immediate episode after it was caught?

Not totally impossible though. Did every one of Ash's captures appeared in the very next episode after Ash caught it?

Red and Blue

Not totally impossible though. Did every one of Ash's captures appeared in the very next episode after Ash caught it?

As far as I know yes. Besides it would be odd that he would keep it in its Poke Ball when the next episode opens with him training.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That most likely means that Passimian will not be caught in this episode.

No, because it could share a VA, not have a speaking role or not appear in this episode at all. Anything's possible.

@Red and Blue

As per I can recall, Bulbasaur didn't appear after the episode it was caught.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.